Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Mappers
What we dont know is if a higher number of fans not attending now is :
- they dont come because of the facilities
-there arent anymore there and we have maxed out

What we do know based on this season
-we have 7k people willing to buy a ticket for  every home game (even though about 10% roughly of ST holders dont turn up per matchday )
-Over the last two seasons the home average attendance has grown roughly 25% to what it was in that championship season stated above .

The ticket system is completely broken. Me + 5 friends wanted to go to the recent home game vs Rochdale. As I went to book tickets online about 3 hours before kickoff, it showed the Osmond corner being close to completely sold out with only a select few single seats dotted about. Because of this, my 5 mates were unable to go so I ended up sitting with someone else on a borrowed season ticket in the Pontoon. Anyway, come kick-off I had a glance over to the Osmond corner and it must have been barely half full. There were rows of empty seats everywhere - 50-100 spares at a guess.

Now, if we have empty seats in other parts of the ground (which there's loads) then at least we can put it down to season tickets no shows. But there's absolutely no explanation for it in the Osmond stand. I also recently sat in the upper and there's several rows of 5/6 empty seats with no reserved stickers on them indicating ST holders? But I guess that one's harder to explain.

My guess is that we lose out on hundreds of sales per game purely due to system errors. Unless there's another explanation?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 164
grimsby pete
March 28, 2023, 5:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from psgmariner

Be impressed if they are. He died in 1986.

Oops my brain has gone again ( still in hospital with covid )

I meant his son not Johnathan eh      David thats the one.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 164
Heisenberg
March 28, 2023, 5:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from GyMariner

The ticket system is completely broken. Me + 5 friends wanted to go to the recent home game vs Rochdale. As I went to book tickets online about 3 hours before kickoff, it showed the Osmond corner being close to completely sold out with only a select few single seats dotted about. Because of this, my 5 mates were unable to go so I ended up sitting with someone else on a borrowed season ticket in the Pontoon. Anyway, come kick-off I had a glance over to the Osmond corner and it must have been barely half full. There were rows of empty seats everywhere - 50-100 spares at a guess.

Now, if we have empty seats in other parts of the ground (which there's loads) then at least we can put it down to season tickets no shows. But there's absolutely no explanation for it in the Osmond stand. I also recently sat in the upper and there's several rows of 5/6 empty seats with no reserved stickers on them indicating ST holders? But I guess that one's harder to explain.

My guess is that we lose out on hundreds of sales per game purely due to system errors. Unless there's another explanation?

I sit in the Upper, and half the seats on my row and the one below are practically empty every game.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 164
GyMariner
March 28, 2023, 5:43pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Heisenberg

I sit in the Upper, and half the seats on my row and the one below are practically empty every game.

Mad really, just doesn't add up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 164
Yarborough Vaults
March 28, 2023, 5:52pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from GyMariner

I've been exiled to the Osmond this season and I reckon they give a few freebies out to kids clubs, especially the very first section which may explain the no shows.

It is impossible to get more than one seat in the lower for every home game. I suspect many take a look and then sack it off when they see a lack of availability. This is another reason  why we desperately need a new ground. We've outgrown BP. If only we had multi millionaire owners to make a new stadium a reality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 164
It Bites
March 28, 2023, 5:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266
He New York Stadium cost 20 Million and is 12,000 capacity. I'm guessing that figure would be 30 mil now ? . Still a perfect size ground to copy if we find 39 million one day .
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 164
Yarborough Vaults
March 28, 2023, 7:56pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from It Bites
He New York Stadium cost 20 Million and is 12,000 capacity. I'm guessing that figure would be 30 mil now ? . Still a perfect size ground to copy if we find 39 million one day .

Just don't use the HS2 procurement team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 164
Heisenberg
March 28, 2023, 8:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults

Just don't use the HS2 procurement team

I have a bit of an insight into this, and honestly, the cost of concete and steel has sky rocketed just in the last couple of years. Last year alone, steel went up about £500 a tonne, which in some cases is about double what some products were. Imagine having a contract on a fixed rate and that happens - it sends companies to the wall.

Nobody’s getting a 12,000 seater stadium for £20m anymore, I’m afraid.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 164
HerveJosse
March 28, 2023, 8:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults

I've been exiled to the Osmond this season and I reckon they give a few freebies out to kids clubs, especially the very first section which may explain the no shows.

It is impossible to get more than one seat in the lower for every home game. I suspect many take a look and then sack it off when they see a lack of availability. This is another reason  why we desperately need a new ground. We've outgrown BP. If only we had multi millionaire owners to make a new stadium a reality.

Don’t waste your time the deniers will be on here saying we have lots of spare capacity and aren’t turning people away .Entrinched positions are difficult to shift.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 164
OddShapedBalls
March 29, 2023, 9:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Heisenberg

I have a bit of an insight into this, and honestly, the cost of concete and steel has sky rocketed just in the last couple of years. Last year alone, steel went up about £500 a tonne, which in some cases is about double what some products were. Imagine having a contract on a fixed rate and that happens - it sends companies to the wall.

Nobody’s getting a 12,000 seater stadium for £20m anymore, I’m afraid.

Exactly - Parc y Scarlets 15,000 capacity , £23 mill back in 2008.  Brilliant facility, it's everything Town could want really, but adjust it for basic inflation (nevermind concrete and steel etc) and that's £34 million today, so probably more like £40million all told.  The other advantages there was wealthy benefactors, a council hell bent on delivering a new stadium for the benefit of the area, and a whole retail park being build around it as part of the plan on the edge of town as you come in from Swansea direction and the old ground Stradey park being turned into 400 homes  which contributed over £5 mill to the project. I don't see the fates aligning like that for Town unless I win the euromillions on friday and cover the entire costs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 164
17 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 350k

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.