Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +93
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Have we not chewed this to death more than once
We have a away membership system it’s called a season ticket unfortunately there will always be times when demand is greater than supply and the more success we have the more the frequency is going to rise

We need a hybrid system please to mirror a STH vs a "Exile away STH"
Where we parallel  each other as a STH finanacial cannot go to every match  likewise i as an Exile cannot go to BP  BUT can support the club  by going to away games..does that make sense ,again all approval by  GTFC Finance dept ,all in the interests  of the club not to devide supporters  .
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
The Caterham Mariner
March 26, 2023, 7:08pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +93
Gold Stars: 8
Fellahs if its viable for the club we have STH  who can go to all home games + some away games . For me as AN "Exile" have an "Exile S TH" go to all away games where possible +some home games
I WOULD Bin 1878 to sacrifice this
I would pay £200- poss £250 to be a "Exile STH"  so i could go to away games and be guaranteed  a ticket .
Because  due to recent ticket experience
= Luton away - ticket no.problem
= Southampton- no problem
= Brighton  - i had to go hospitality  to go to game .
There  are many exiles out there who do go to games who boost up numbers and support - increase volume support.
IN the best interests  of the club ..UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
ska face
March 26, 2023, 7:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
You don’t have to go far through this thread to see that everyone seems to have a story of why they’re the most deserving - I’ve got a ST, I’ve got two STs, I supported the club in the dark ages, i peddle 10 miles to BP and my cat had a ST when we were Grimsby Pelham…

It’s about getting in front of the issue while you can, for me. End of the day, the club can either put up with the incessant whining and wailing every time there’s a sell out, or make use of the system they already pay for. All well and good saying there’s only Harrogate where it’s an issue, but say we do an Orient and we end up 10-15pts clear in March next season, you might end up with a bit of an issue more regularly.

This is all fairly standard as you move up the pyramid. Maybe £50’s expensive, fair enough (it was just an example anyway), but some people would pay it. There were people paying £210 just to get a seat at Brighton. You’d also have to really price it so that it was only worthwhile to people who really wanted it - no point doing it at a fiver or everyone would have one and you’d just end up in the same boat.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
headingly_mariner
March 26, 2023, 7:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from ska face
You don’t have to go far through this thread to see that everyone seems to have a story of why they’re the most deserving - I’ve got a ST, I’ve got two STs, I supported the club in the dark ages, i peddle 10 miles to BP and my cat had a ST when we were Grimsby Pelham…

It’s about getting in front of the issue while you can, for me. End of the day, the club can either put up with the incessant whining and wailing every time there’s a sell out, or make use of the system they already pay for. All well and good saying there’s only Harrogate where it’s an issue, but say we do an Orient and we end up 10-15pts clear in March next season, you might end up with a bit of an issue more regularly.

This is all fairly standard as you move up the pyramid. Maybe £50’s expensive, fair enough (it was just an example anyway), but some people would pay it. There were people paying £210 just to get a seat at Brighton. You’d also have to really price it so that it was only worthwhile to people who really wanted it - no point doing it at a fiver or everyone would have one and you’d just end up in the same boat.

That would be a nice problem to have. I imagine they'd switch it on if that happened though.

The bigger issue at the minute is the scarcity of home tickets. I tried to get one for my Dad in the upper, only the odd single left. Bunches of empty seats all over the place when we got there.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
lukeo
March 26, 2023, 7:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Very good debate and discussion. I'm open to any ideas but personally think if you're a town fan of 30+ years and live in Somerset you should get priority over everyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
lukeo
March 26, 2023, 7:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
All joking aside, it's a very good discussion and a few valid points have been raised. It's something someone should put forward to the club  and see what they say. I like a points system and I know most if not all the prem clubs do it. My only issue is how much hastle and cost does it take up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 28, 2023, 11:21am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from lukeo
Very good debate and discussion. I'm open to any ideas but personally think if you're a town fan of 30+ years and live in Somerset you should get priority over everyone.

Well you and your lad got tickets for Brighton without being season ticket holders so seems Somerset folk already get priority!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
lukeo
March 28, 2023, 4:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Well you and your lad got tickets for Brighton without being season ticket holders so seems Somerset folk already get priority!!

And I count my blessing every day that I got to share that experience with him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
TheFryingSquad
March 28, 2023, 5:50pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from headingly_mariner

That would be a nice problem to have. I imagine they'd switch it on if that happened though.

The bigger issue at the minute is the scarcity of home tickets. I tried to get one for my Dad in the upper, only the odd single left. Bunches of empty seats all over the place when we got there.  

Agree with this and the post you replied to.  Personally I think 6,000 season tickets is too many if the club is successful, half that would be more appropriate.  First rule of business, only discount if you absolutely have to.  3,000 season tickets at an average £380 = £1.14m, 3,000 pay on the day at £21 a game is £1.39m.  With no roadmap to increased capacity, can we really afford to miss out on an extra £250k a year?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
GrimRob
March 28, 2023, 6:40pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 114
In purely financial terms away fans are giving money to our competitors. I know support is less tangible and will also have a benefit, but rewarding the paying customer has to be the fairest system.

A tesco reward card rewards tesco customers. Going round sainsburys while singing how crap it is in their store and how much better and cheaper tescos is may also accrue some benefit to tesco but its very hard to quantify.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Away membership

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.