Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jordan Cropper Vs Michee Efete.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 139 Guests

Jordan Cropper Vs Michee Efete.

This thread currently has 3,213 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
March 28, 2023, 12:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
This is not a thread to slate/bash/insult the players....
Genuinely got me thinking after reading the Walsall "just back" thread which of the 2 is the best option to have at right back....
There's Cropper who's throw is an absolute weapon of mass destruction when launched unto the box but he doesn't have the pace of Michee nor, from what I've seen, the aerial ability.
What's others thoughts??
Logged Online
Private Message
TwoLeftFeet
March 28, 2023, 12:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
Think there's room in the squad for both.. would have liked to have seen Cropper tried in the 3 at the back on right side before end of season but looks like Hurst has made his mind up on him.. he impressed me last season and that throw in is missed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
Mariner_09
March 28, 2023, 12:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Michee is a much better full back than Cropper. Cropper doesn't have anything like the athleticism, the physical presence, the attacking threat, ability to get us up the pitch or the goal threat that Michee has.

They're probably similar on the ball, Cropper is less prone to lapses and that throw in, in and of itself, is a massive threat and can be the point of difference in marginal games, as we all know. We wouldn't have got promoted without him, and, if he'd been fit, Hursty would've picked Michee over Cropper in the playoffs.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
Jarmo.Is.God
March 28, 2023, 12:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Ready to be slated, but Efete is just a better Serge Makofo...
He runs with the ball, but never seems to know what he's doing. Looks very clumsy at times, but at times does well.
IMO, he can't be our main RB next season

Cropper is good, and helped us get promoted, but not sure if he is league 2 promotion contenders quality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
Mappers
March 28, 2023, 12:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,481
Gold Stars: 119
I would keep both .
Think Michee has been targeted unfairly at times -its his first season at league 2 level and he is prone to the odd lapse of concentration, if he didnt have those he would be playing higher as he has all the attributes off a solid right back .

Cropper is just worth having as that option off the bench with that unique weapon .

I think we have other areas of the pitch will be highest on PH's list :Centre forwards , an attacking midfield player and 2 centre backs will be required at least dependant on who re -signs, maybe more .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 28, 2023, 12:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Now that we can have 7 subs on the bench, it’s almost worth having a player with those throws available to come on when games are being chased with 10/15 minutes to go. Would it work as effectively against a better standard of player than last year? Who knows but it’s certainly something that could be beneficial, especially now Taylor is back to a good degree of fitness. And we lose the height of Maher when he’s taking throws, which was obvious against Walsall

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
immariner
March 28, 2023, 1:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Mariner_09
Michee is a much better full back than Cropper. Cropper doesn't have anything like the athleticism, the physical presence, the attacking threat, ability to get us up the pitch or the goal threat that Michee has.

They're probably similar on the ball, Cropper is less prone to lapses and that throw in, in and of itself, is a massive threat and can be the point of difference in marginal games, as we all know. We wouldn't have got promoted without him, and, if he'd been fit, Hursty would've picked Michee over Cropper in the playoffs.

Michee:
I'd be happy to have him as right sided CB in a 3
I'd be happy for him to be cover at RWB
I'd hope for better at RB if we go back to a 4 at any point

Michee's best position appears to me to be the right side of 3 centre backs where he's seemed solid. He does an okay job at right wing back, though he is usually loath to take a step forward if a backwards step is much easier. I've said it before but he rarely finds a teammate in the box, all his crosses are "put into an area" type (see Emannuel at Northampton for the difference). He's frankly one of the most bamboozling footballers I've ever seen play for us and is usually good vakue for entertainment at least. However I don't think he's good enough as a right back, especially one expected to move us up the pitch.

Cropper:
His long throw is one hell of a weapon that massively helped us get promoted but I don't recall much else about his general play. Seemed solid enough at NL level. I'm not really sure how we can make a worthwhile comparison when we've only seen Cropper 10 times in 2 seasons
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
rancido
March 28, 2023, 1:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,654
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Ready to be slated, but Efete is just a better Serge Makofo...
He runs with the ball, but never seems to know what he's doing. Looks very clumsy at times, but at times does well.
IMO, he can't be our main RB next season

Cropper is good, and helped us get promoted, but not sure if he is league 2 promotion contenders quality.

I totally agree! Not an assassination of Efete's ability but my views on his performances. Yes, he has athleticism and when he drives forward he can be very dangerous. But I would temper that with his defensive qualities as a full back. I just don't think he remains focused enough, tends to drift a yard or two away from whoever he is marking. He hesitates too much for me and doesn't attack the ball but instead waits for it to come to him which means he gets closed down quickly. IMO he seems more suited to the right hand side of a back three with a right wingback alongside him. I like my full backs to be defense biased with a back four and I don't think Efete is as good as Cropper in that role. I think Efete will be found out at League 1 level and I can't see him developing enough to attain that level. Then again I don't think Cropper could attain that level either, well at least in a promotion pushing side in League 1. Both have roles to play for us in League 2 but I don't see them being particularly outstanding any higher

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
Maringer
March 28, 2023, 1:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
I can't see us retaining Cropper, given his injury problems over the past few years. A pity, as I think he's a reasonable enough full-back (couldn't seem him as a wing-back) and he did well when he came in last season, but that throw-in is just ridiculous. In the future I'll always be comparing any long throw we see to Cropper's efforts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
ginnywings
March 28, 2023, 1:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Hard to tell until Cropper is fully fit and given a long run of games, even if that is elsewhere. He was a promising youngster taken on by the Burnley academy, but has had too many injuries to really establish himself anywhere. He started his career as a forward, so probably has a decent skill level, but you have to ask if it wasn't for his explosive throw ins, would we be that bothered if he stayed at Barnet permanently, or even be discussing his merits as a player to challenge Efete?

Michee, for me, is much the better option at the moment, and I think he suffers from a lot of undue criticism. At Brighton, the guy behind me was yelling constantly at how sh1t he is and how he shouldn't be in the team, yet he was one of our better performers that day I thought.

PH has said before that he has everything, bar belief in his own ability, and you see that in games. He seems to surprise himself and panic on occasions. when with a bit more confidence, he could cause a lot of damage, or at least more than he does now.

To sum up, I think Efete is a bit under rated and Cropper a bit over rated, but that doesn't mean they can't both do a decent job for us. Whether they are good enough to take us to the next level remains to be seen, but Efete has the potential.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jordan Cropper Vs Michee Efete.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.