Mariner_09
April 18, 2023, 12:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from LH
The club could kidnap my family and burn my house down and I’d still renew. There’s loads like me.

I live in London, can probably make 10-12 home games a season as a maximum, but I'm now likely to renew. It makes getting tickets for away days easier and guarantees what I consider "my" seat at home games. Yes, it's an expensive solution, but it's my club and I do daft things following them. Wouldn't have it any other way.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
Zmariner
April 18, 2023, 4:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from LH
The club could kidnap my family and burn my house down and I’d still renew. There’s loads like me.

It has been a terrible league season at home, devoid of entertainment, goals and excitement……..but of course I will renew. As LH said there are a lot of mugs like us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
gtfc_chris
April 18, 2023, 6:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Poojah
Absolutely. Scarcity is a powerful thing in sales and marketing. Anyone who has school age kids going mental for the faddy, influencer endorsed “Prime” drink in recent weeks will understand this concept all too well.

If we can achieve a top-half finish and make a couple of decent early signings, early season ticket sales will be strong and that will help the uncertain few come to the right decision.

I’m not worried at all. I think we’ll get close to, if not even bigger sales than last season. Just wait and see…

Prime has made one appearance in our house and will remain that way. We were upfront about this and has resulted in our 10 year old cherishing the bottle and using it for her night time drinks station. The 7 yo offspring uses it for football, pretty sure she tells everyone its a new bottle every week alluding to the idea we might be millionaires.

As for season tickets, I think we'll do well. In truth I can't see a scenario whereby we'll beat last season with our home form being the way it has but I still think the general outlook on how we are run as a club is significantly better than it has been and this keeps a certain level if interest and desire there. I do agree with the idea that a few good early signings will marry up with a view we're only 3 or 4 quality signings away from being more competitive and will lure those on the fence back onside. Plus, once we've had a few weeks off and miss the fix then people will be in that ticket office renewing!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
immariner
April 18, 2023, 7:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
I've crunched the numbers and it's cost me £25 per game attended this season. With petrol, food and the occasional pint it probably costs me about £40 a game. I've got some big outgoings coming up soon and I just can't justify that next season sadly. Been trying to get a few people to commit to having my season ticket for a few games, to help me justify getting one, but so far proving fruitless. I imagine i'll still get to 6-8 games and I'll be sad to miss out on the away ticket priority but i've already sorta decided new grounds only for me from now on so that rules out all the potential local ones anyway. So I might actually be alright for the small handful of away games i'll attend next season

I think we'll have maybe just shy of 5k season ticket holders but our average attendance won't be affected
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
Phil the cod
April 18, 2023, 8:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
4000+ next year? After seeing us win 2 times this season at home as I was away for the other 2 I'd be amazed to see those numbers.
If it happens people need a phycological examination as watching town this season at home has been hard work.
Boring negative hurst-ball. First and last time I ever get a season ticket this year.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
The Caterham Mariner
April 19, 2023, 4:43am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +93
Gold Stars: 8
Good luck on that one ,personally  I hope numbers  stay the same for good of our club I / We follow /support / moan about !!! on here.
Me no chance of being a STH as i live to far away ,but tip my hat to those who do re new their ticket.
In my opinion thought Town had a good season to date having got out the National  League  and stabilised back in league 2 plus the FA Cup run too.
Roll on next season's  fixtures so i can analysis  the games i can get to.
Stevenage for me next if i can get a ticket ,
UTM !!!

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
Yarborough Vaults
April 19, 2023, 6:11am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
I hope some of those who bought one but don't go regularly don't bother this season.

They've blocked good seats, put off pay on the day fans (who pay more) and I believe its affected the atmosphere this season.

I'd rather there's 4000 sold who go to every game than 6000 with empty seats everywhere.

If you love the club and want to put money into it, fair enough but there should be something else instead of getting a seat that is then empty when the club needs someone there cheering the team on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
grimps
April 19, 2023, 6:13am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,152
Gold Stars: 46
I reckon we’ll sell around 4500

Last nights attendance is probably an indicator of who’s prepared to continue to turn up while we’re not pulling any trees up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
aldi_01
April 19, 2023, 6:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Phil the cod
4000+ next year? After seeing us win 2 times this season at home as I was away for the other 2 I'd be amazed to see those numbers.
If it happens people need a phycological examination as watching town this season at home has been hard work.
Boring negative hurst-ball. First and last time I ever get a season ticket this year.

So, the definition of a glory hunter?

I understand you have this weird thing about Hurst and the performances this year but having had a season ticket for nigh on 35 years, and having seen seasons much much worse than this (it’s not been a bad season, even if home form hasn’t been the best) then I don’t see why this season would put me off.

There’s plenty like me and with the increased risk of it being able to pick up away tickets without a season ticket, that alone will encourage some to pick one up…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
lukeo
April 19, 2023, 7:23am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I wonder if the club could do a system where those who want to buy a season ticket but don't attend regularly can do so and then can allocate themselves a sea typ to 7 days before the game in which then they go on general sale to everyone or something along those lines.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2023-2024 season ticket numbers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.