rancido
April 17, 2023, 6:30am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Mappers

It is Michees first ever season in the league though , he could still improve on the flaws in his game. I think if we let him go he would be snapped up by another league 2 team be superb and then we would all be asking why did we let him go .In Michee we trust i say

But you could also then question why he hasn't been snapped up by a League team since he was released by Norwich?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 107
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 17, 2023, 8:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,307
Gold Stars: 307
Re Cropper, you can`t put him the team regularly because he has a long throw. We need much more from him than that and, on balance, Efete offers much more than Cropper.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 107
April 17, 2023, 9:03am
Guest User
Quoted from rancido

Yes, there is a good reason - PH thinks Effete is better than Cropper. It's all down to opinions. I would rather have Cropper as a regular full back than Effete but that is my opinion.

So you think you know better than a professional football manager?

Reply: 72 - 107
HertsGTFC
April 17, 2023, 9:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Cropper versus Efete? Not sure anyone can make a judgement to be honest as we’ve not seen enough of Cropper at this level.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 107
rancido
April 17, 2023, 10:12am

Special Brew Drinker
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from 123614

So you think you know better than a professional football manager?

Not at all. Like I said , that was just my opinion, which is what Message Boards like this are all about. On that basis then, do you agree with every team choice and game plan employed by PH. If you do then fine but if you don't then, by your logic, you know better than a professional football manager. Of course, you may be a professional manager in which case your opinion may have some validity.
Ian Hollowords was a professional football manager of many years experience at a higher level then us! Were you in agreement with his whole approach to managing our club?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 107
April 17, 2023, 1:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from rancido

Not at all. Like I said , that was just my opinion, which is what Message Boards like this are all about. On that basis then, do you agree with every team choice and game plan employed by PH. If you do then fine but if you don't then, by your logic, you know better than a professional football manager. Of course, you may be a professional manager in which case your opinion may have some validity.
Ian Hollowords was a professional football manager of many years experience at a higher level then us! Were you in agreement with his whole approach to managing our club?

As far as I can remember I have never questioned PH's team selections, purely because he is a well thought of professional football manager, and I am not a manager of any kind.  As for Holloway, again he is a professional football manager, Correct me if am wrong, but I don't think you will find many, if any posts on here where I have criticised GTFC managers, it's because I know where my place is in regards to managing a professional football club.  Opinions are fine, I get it, but some are just way off the mark.

Reply: 75 - 107
arryarryarry
April 17, 2023, 3:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from headingly_mariner

He is a good league defender and is far superior to Cropper. There's a reason Efete has played so often and Cropper is out on loan.

He is no where near to being far superior, at times he is almost clueless when he is defending especially leaving the far post he should be defending.

There are several goals we have conceded that could be put down to his la la land defending, where as I can't think of a goal that was Cropper's fault, yes I know Cropper has played less games but that was down to being injured for some time and probably down to Hurst not picking him but looking at some of the teams Hurst has put out at home this season there are many on here who question his team selections.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 107
MuddyWaters
April 17, 2023, 4:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Re Cropper, you can`t put him the team regularly because he has a long throw. We need much more from him than that and, on balance, Efete offers much more than Cropper.

Whether it means much, I don’t know, but Cropper was MoM in the Barnet Wrexham game on Saturday.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 107
Poojah
April 17, 2023, 4:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Whether it means much, I don’t know, but Cropper was MoM in the Barnet Wrexham game on Saturday.

Barnet fans are speaking very highly of him. Keep in mind he’s 22 years old; let’s not write him off too quickly…

https://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16859

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 107
MuddyWaters
April 17, 2023, 4:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Poojah

Barnet fans are speaking very highly of him. Keep in mind he’s 22 years old; let’s not write him off too quickly…

https://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16859

I’m with you. He is a decent defender and, it must be remembered that he was in the team at the pivotal time of last season.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.