Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Your expectations for next season ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 142 Guests

For our finishing league position
Only title will do
Top 3
Top 7
Top 10
10th-15th
Anything but a relegation battle will do
  View Results 191 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Your expectations for next season ?

This thread currently has 4,259 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Germo66
May 1, 2023, 9:07am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +120
Gold Stars: 1
As a season ticket holder I just want us to win more home games.

Continuously improvement means a higher finish than this year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
toontown
May 1, 2023, 9:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
I'd hope for at least a challenge to the play offs, even if we fall just short and finish 8th or 9th, so long as the season is alive until the last couple of weeks then that is progress.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
horsforthmariner
May 1, 2023, 9:45am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,638
Gold Stars: 9
Obviously none of us a clue because it all depends on summer recruitment. We need 5-6 top quality players to get us challenging for the top 3 I think we'll get them and get promoted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
Mappers
May 1, 2023, 4:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,482
Gold Stars: 119
I will do another poll August 1st after most of the signings should be through the door , it will be interesting to see what we do and the comparison in expectation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
grimps
May 1, 2023, 4:28pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,152
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from ginnywings
I learned long ago not to have expectations. Hopes are different and I hope we make the top 7 or better.

At the start of this season, I said I thought we could make the top ten and with a bit of luck and a fair wind, we might make the play offs. Too many draws cost us a lot of points and not having a player or two that could finish the chances we created. I think the stats showed we created plenty, but didn't take enough of them to be a threat to the top end of the league.

I didn't see any team that looked head and shoulders above us, and I don't think we are that far off. A good window needed to make us more ruthless, so let's hope for one.

I believe that our fans low expectations have been the main reason our previous owner was allowed to get away with so much
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
Nelly GTFC
May 1, 2023, 4:50pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,761
Gold Stars: 31
If the likes of Stevenage, Accrington Stanley and Morecambe can get promoted on shoestring budgets averaging around 3,000 gates then Grimsby have as good chance as any.

Top 3 to 7 for me.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
bradzmilne
May 1, 2023, 10:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
Anything less than an FA Cup semi final is a backwards step.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
OddShapedBalls
May 2, 2023, 10:36am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
I HOPE we run away with it and win the league

I WANT a top 7 finish

I'll BE HAPPY with top 10, as this would be an improvement over this season and show stability
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Your expectations for next season ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.