2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Stew0_0
May 17, 2023, 3:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,188
Gold Stars: 35
I look at teams like Brighton, Luton, Brentford and think we could strive to be like teams like this.

Theyve all been at our level at some point, yes some have had some money thrown in by I think Luton are fan owned, all punching above their weight and are either hold their own in the prem or striving to get their.

If we can remain well run, striving to improve, take the data led stance that these teams have taken to bring in the best players we can for our level who knows where we could end up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
Limerick Mariner
May 17, 2023, 5:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,743
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from diehardmariner
And you could also argue that after the first leg we had lost our initial shock factor.  After the initial tie Luton had the time to regroup, shake their heads and put us in our place.

Over both games I can remember thinking how fast and powerful Luton were. You expect that to an extent when playing a side two leagues above us (Always think back to when we lost to Blackburn in 2008 and the stand out for me was as simple as that they simply hit the ball with more pace than we did).  But watching Luton physically dominate a good Championship side last night made me think just how well we did to not only compete but beat them.

Maybe odd to say it given how free scoring we were at other times in the FA Cup, but I think the second half v Luton was our season high point performance wise. We’d completely dazed them in the first half, but they brought their big guns on and threw everything at us. We defended deeper and deeper yet they hardly laid a glove on us. It was the best of keeping “us shape”, no stupid diving into tackles (which we’ve been guilty of at other times) just great energy and defensive discipline.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FA Cup teams played this season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.