Chalky
May 28, 2023, 2:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +518
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Mappers

Your team play great football Chalky , must be a joy to watch . As a neutral I watched a few last season and it was much easier on the eye than the NL or League 2 , so don't expect the other teams to be playing such pure football because in the main it's anything but (including us )

It will be interesting to see how that translates to success and results , I imagine you will win a good few but also take some beatings as quite a few teams are good on the counter .

At least you will bring a good following to BP they will be counted on one hand if Stockport go up .

We played some great football this season and it's probably the best team that I've seen Notts put together in decades unlike Wrexhams hoof it football,I'm not sure how well we will do in League Two,if we can keep some of our key players then we will do ok but players like Langstsff will probably move on,thanks for the complimenty post about Notts playing style
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 48
Chalky
May 28, 2023, 3:03pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +518
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from lukeo
This time last year was the Wrexham game. My god I get tingles watching it still.

On another point,  what makes this forum really special is people like chalky who come on from other clubs and add excellent respectable posts.

Glad you've made it out of their alive fella.

If you only put that post up to gain a star from me lukeo well you're damned right to do so 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
Poojah
June 5, 2023, 8:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,605
Gold Stars: 1,503
It already feels like last season’s been over for an age, doesn’t it?

https://twitter.com/onthisGTFC.....etUser=onthisGTFCday

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
diehardmariner
June 5, 2023, 9:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
Isn't it funny how the Solihull game feels the least significant and least enduring?  The qualifier and the semi-final were just so bloody draining that it almost felt the final was a foregone conclusion.  Having gone through that level of emotional turmoil twice, I'm not sure if it was that our mindset had become used to it or we physically just couldn't take anymore.

Even at 1-0 down in the final, it felt flat rather than nervy.  Perhaps we hadn't reached the point in time of panic but it just felt a bit 'ah, sodomist' rather than end of the world.  I was ecstatic that we got out of that bloody league at the first time of asking, but even the celebrations felt tame in some ways.

There was a part of me after that final that just thought it was a case of we should never have dropped back so it was a 12-month reset.  But your heart always takes over and you start to get caught up.  2016 was a slog, 3 years of going so close with the year before the cruelest of heartbreaks.  That year we just had to go up.  2022 didn't have that desperation and the emotions were very compressed into a couple of weeks.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 48
LocalLadGTFC
June 5, 2023, 10:04am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,229
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from diehardmariner
Isn't it funny how the Solihull game feels the least significant and least enduring?  The qualifier and the semi-final were just so bloody draining that it almost felt the final was a foregone conclusion.  Having gone through that level of emotional turmoil twice, I'm not sure if it was that our mindset had become used to it or we physically just couldn't take anymore.

Even at 1-0 down in the final, it felt flat rather than nervy.  Perhaps we hadn't reached the point in time of panic but it just felt a bit 'ah, sodomist' rather than end of the world.  I was ecstatic that we got out of that bloody league at the first time of asking, but even the celebrations felt tame in some ways.

There was a part of me after that final that just thought it was a case of we should never have dropped back so it was a 12-month reset.  But your heart always takes over and you start to get caught up.  2016 was a slog, 3 years of going so close with the year before the cruelest of heartbreaks.  That year we just had to go up.  2022 didn't have that desperation and the emotions were very compressed into a couple of weeks.

Totally understand where you’re coming from, I felt if we didn’t get out Vs FGR we’d never get out and could eventually end up doing a Scunthorpe. I felt a sense of arrogance last year purely due to all the good surrounding the club that we shouldn’t be at that level because we was actually being run like a proper football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 48
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
June 5, 2023, 10:13am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from diehardmariner
Even at 1-0 down in the final, it felt flat rather than nervy.  Perhaps we hadn't reached the point in time of panic but it just felt a bit 'ah, sodomist' rather than end of the world.

God,I was nervy! In fact I was a wreck even after JMD made it 2-1. I just couldn’t take the fact that after the unbelievable two previous games that it could still be snatched away from us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 48
Mappers
June 5, 2023, 10:30am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,340
Gold Stars: 119
That shopping mall before was good fun , some youngster even had a firework up his bottom ,was worried he would blow himself up - a good site seeing lot's of couples shopping trip disrupted by the enthusiastic Town fans .

The game was not really that much , thought we would win it was just meant to be - our time ,the big players stepped up when required and we will always be indebted to them for starting , in my mind what no doubt will be a much brighter next chapter in the clubs history .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 48
HertsGTFC
June 5, 2023, 10:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Poojah
It already feels like last season’s been over for an age, doesn’t it?

https://twitter.com/onthisGTFC.....etUser=onthisGTFCday

I'm sure BT turned the sound up on the SHM supporters when they scored, even at half time I still thought we'd come back to win. Well worked first goal with a great finish from McAtee and a brilliant assist from Dallas for the winner.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 48
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 5, 2023, 11:52am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +848
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
What happened at Wrexham?  I can’t remember - not another boring 0-0, surely.  😇

Yes it was a pretty boring game considering. Very few chances for either team, neither team could string more than 2 passes together, and the winner only went in when a back pass from the halfway line hit the Wrexham crossbar and went in off the keepers' bottom.

Still, we won.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A year ago today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.