Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell Out  (triple merged)

This thread currently has 47,074 views. Print
56 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MaccasBoots
January 27, 2024, 6:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +684
Gold Stars: 23
The RH interview is a weird one, but I wouldn't say that Artell is at fault for that. Matt Dean asked some very odd questions, which almost seemed like he was trying to rile him up. Essentially asked him to tear into Glennon in particular, Artell obviously refused, then asked again. Bizarre.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 556
davmariner
January 27, 2024, 6:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from MaccasBoots
The RH interview is a weird one, but I wouldn't say that Artell is at fault for that. Matt Dean asked some very odd questions, which almost seemed like he was trying to rile him up. Essentially asked him to tear into Glennon in particular, Artell obviously refused, then asked again. Bizarre.

What do you expect him to ask? “Oh David, wasn’t that a great game?”

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 556
davmariner
January 27, 2024, 6:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from ska face

You’ve said it every week since he was appointed, as well as before, because he wasn’t your first choice. You’re boring mate.

Thanks for pointing that out, because the evidence to date shows that unfortunately I’m right.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 556
MaccasBoots
January 27, 2024, 6:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +684
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from davmariner

What do you expect him to ask? “Oh David, wasn’t that a great game?”

Of course not. But repeatedly asking him to lambast one of his own players is obviously out of order.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 556
AncientExiledMariner
January 27, 2024, 6:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Gosh. Knee jerk. I supported Hurst to the end and I'm the one to chip in?

Previously, Mullarkey got shredded, and we lost our DM. He had either Green or Clifton to go in at DM. He chose Harry on the wing to offer cover for Mullarkey who certainly needs it. Both choices were correct IMHO. Gav has about 4/5 matches I've seen highlights with him casually strolling back and getting caught out with goals scored. He's good going forward,  but he's battling against Andrews, Hunt and Wood. Wood needs a shot and Andrews pass rate is a lot better than Holahan if I remember correctly.

Result sucks, but choices are limited. I would have personally gone with Maher over Rodgers but would it have made a difference?

We need a RB to replace Efete, and that isn't helping. We need a LB to offer competition for Glennon. We don't really have that. None of these are Artel's fault, it is the same hand anyone would play with and it isn't easy.

He started well and everyone assumed this was an easy job. Nope. We have serious squad problems and you only have super glue to patch up in Jan.

I get it's easy to complain and blame, but that's just for coping. It doesn't solved our problems.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 556
grimsby pete
January 27, 2024, 6:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
He has got a week to bring in some players who know how he wants them to play.

Because I don't think most of this lot have got any idea on what they are suppose to be doing.

It's like he is trying to teach babies to run before they can walk.

You better sort it out soon Mr Artell time is not on our side.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 556
Meza
January 27, 2024, 6:54pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from davmariner

Great counter argument from you as usual! Not!

It’s boring dav straight after a match it’s post like this that wind people up and make this forum shite x

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 556
HerveJosse
January 27, 2024, 6:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from davmariner
Sorry to say this but wrong manager at the wrong time. This is arguably worse than under Hurst with the team looking disjointed with no fight.

He’s marginalised Holohan, Efete and Amos who in my view still have something to offer and are no worse than the players in the team.

You only have to look at Tranmere, Colchester and Salford to see the impact that a new manager should have.  

We’re going down I’m afraid to say.

The owners picked Artell because they want to see passing entertaining football. Gav is one of the worst passers of a ball I have seen in an experienced midfielder so Artell doesn’t rate him and he’s out . Not rocket science
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 556
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
January 27, 2024, 6:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
It’s time to bring in big Shaun and Ben Davies to steady the ship, we don’t have time for this total football experiment with Mr artell

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 556
bawarmy
January 27, 2024, 6:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
We couldn’t afford to get rid of him anyway. Wait for Klopp to become available, but he won’t do any better with this bunch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 556
56 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.