Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell In Or out ?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Should he go ?
In
Out
Give him 2 more games
'Trust the process'  regardless of this season
Busted flush /David Brent
  View Results 268 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Artell In Or out ?

This thread currently has 8,655 views. Print
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
February 18, 2024, 12:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,047
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Bit in bold - on this I'm with him, remember you have to manage outgoings as much as manage incomings as we only have the financial resource to sustain a reasonable number of pros. This squad looked good on paper at the start of the season but on grass it's proving  poor.

Do you still want him to have 3 more transfer windows?

We will probably end up looking up at the Scunts.
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 124
Alan Buckley
February 18, 2024, 6:14am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
My two pennies worth….

I was told a few weeks ago (believe it or not) that the players absolutely hate Artell. Not just the players but some staff too. Now I think it’s clear to see that they just aren’t playing for him.
I also don’t buy in to the narrative of him saying he doesn’t need an assistant manager he’ll work solely with Pearson and Davies because it’s the right thing to do. This isn’t a guy that comes across as someone who does things because it’s the right thing to do.

If you're trying to implement a completely new ‘style’ of football into a group of players who have ‘never been asked to do it before’ then what’s better than one voice trying to press that home? Two voices! But that’s only a problem if your old assistant manager doesn’t want to work with you anymore! Alarm bells!

I absolutely love the owners for getting us away from fenty but they have to seriously look at this appointment and accept they got one wrong and cut the head off the snake.

Please as well don’t think that Pearson and Davies to the end of the season is the right answer, two completely novice managers trying to fight a relegation scrap is absolutely not what we need and will IMO lead to us going down.

We need to get back to what we’ll always be a hard working tough to beat horrible side to play at home. The owners need to as much as it’s a waste of money, use the Conteh money to pay up Artell and offer a experienced manager a lucrative six month deal (with a option to extend if they wish to if they keep us up) to come rescue us (despite what Pratt dannatt says on twitter if you pay them they will come)

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 124
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 18, 2024, 7:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 178
It’s nearly 7am and I’m still dumbfounded by what happened yesterday. Something, yet again unfortunately, isn’t quite right. After the past few performances there’s always going to be those that ‘are in the know’ about what’s happening around the club and those that don’t like the manager and want him out anyway but Christ on a bike, lightening is looking like it’s going to be striking for a 3rd time, and that’s worrying.

I hope DA is having as many sleepless nights as the supporters are. Maybe he doesn’t actually care that much? Yes I know he was animated on the touch line yesterday, he’s giving the stereotypical interviews and will say that we’re not going down, but the table doesn’t lie this morning. We are 6 points off the team below and have a defence that seems to part far better than Moses could ever imagine so the goal difference will soon become irrelevant letting in 4,,5 or 6 EVERY game.

I like the owners and the job they have done in the small amount of time has been very credible, but, I’m hoping they are having serious conversations about what is happening. Record season ticket sales are a thing that won’t happen again and am struggling to see why anyone would actually want to buy a season ticket next season. Things can’t continue this way. It’s worrying.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 124
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 1:35pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,409
Gold Stars: 113
Another poll, might get more attention from the decision makers

Tweet 1759209590816657477 will appear here...

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 123 - 124
sonofmadeleymariner
February 18, 2024, 1:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,449
Gold Stars: 37
I've said no to being sacked, but only because I don't think the ownership will. That was the only reason. I think we are stuck with him until at least the end of the season, where we'll either find we have been relegated or we've sacrificed enough goats to the football gods we somehow stay up.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 124
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell In Or out ?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.