This thread currently has 2,640 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Nantwichmariner
February 28, 2024, 1:55am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +39
Gold Stars: 1
I’ve always defended PH and genuinely want him to do well at Shrewsbury. But his interview tonight after losing at Lincoln makes makes me fear for him. Check it out. Ok you got stuffed but you’re not going down so give the fans something to look forward to! Maybe he is falling out of love with the game…..they all do sooner or later.

Logged Online
Private Message
crusty ole pie
February 28, 2024, 7:10am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,327
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Nantwichmariner
I’ve always defended PH and genuinely want him to do well at Shrewsbury. But his interview tonight after losing at Lincoln makes makes me fear for him. Check it out. Ok you got stuffed but you’re not going down so give the fans something to look forward to! Maybe he is falling out of love with the game…..they all do sooner or later.

Do we have a link please
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
GollyGTFC
February 28, 2024, 7:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,961
Gold Stars: 356
I gave it a listen and thought he sounded like any normal manager after his team threw in a poor and lazy performance and were well beaten.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 16
NorfolkImp
February 28, 2024, 7:36am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -519
Gold Stars: 11
23 (TWENTY THREE) efforts at goal with 8 on target, the best I can remember for a few years down old Sinny Bank.

Very fortunate to get away with just the 3-0 defeat Mr Hurst, relegation favourites next season for the Shrews unless Cheltenham can catch them in their remaining games?

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
Hagrid
February 28, 2024, 7:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,406
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from NorfolkImp
23 (TWENTY THREE) efforts at goal with 8 on target, the best I can remember for a few years down old Sinny Bank.

Very fortunate to get away with just the 3-0 defeat Mr Hurst, relegation favourites next season for the Shrews unless Cheltenham can catch them in their remaining games?

You were watching City on ITV pal
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
NorfolkImp
February 28, 2024, 7:52am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -519
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Hagrid

You were watching City on ITV pal

Indeed I was, with The Imps on my laptop … a very entertaining evening’s viewing it was too I must say.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
HerveJosse
February 28, 2024, 9:03am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Nantwichmariner

Far from safe this season yet 5 points clear of drop and played two games more. We all know Hurst sides can go on a bad run and with motivation like that who can blame them
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 28, 2024, 9:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Indeed I was, with The Imps on my laptop … a very entertaining evening’s viewing it was too I must say.

You do realise you are taking money away from your club ………….🍿

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
sam gy
February 28, 2024, 11:16am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Just watched the interview...thought it was absolutely fine. His team have just lost and been outplayed, how do you want him to act?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
RichMariner
February 28, 2024, 11:48am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
I think the magic has been slowly ebbing away from Hurst. I wish him all the best — he brought some good times to our club, but his football and ideas look to have dried up.

I never did buy into the argument that he sets up to defend because his teams used to score plenty of goals and always had forwards like Hannah, Cook, Bogle, Amond (latterly Rose) who knew where the net was. Full backs got forward, midfield used to contribute... always thought they were well balanced squads.

Last season and the start of this changed my mind. We struggled to score, despite having McAtee and Orsi in the squad (both doing very well this season).

He definitely fell on his feet after leaving us because I thought his next destination would be a middling non-league side.

I feat he'll be gone from Shrewsbury inside a year. He may keep them up, which will appease the fans for now, but when they fail to kick on next season, and if the football remains dry, they'll look elsewhere.

I feel like when he and Scott first arrived, they knew what they wanted in a player and had strong ideas of how to build a team. That bank of players needs refreshing, as they eventually move on, play elsewhere, and retire. You also need to refresh the attributes you look for as you naturally adapt the way you build your squads and set teams up.

Some managers just run out of steam and fail to update their bank of players that is appropriate for the style of football that's now played.

All the best to him, and I hope I'm wrong. He's a good guy and it'd be a travesty to find ourselves back where we were when he first joined us. His two promotions were huge for us.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Paul Hurst

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.