dapperz fun pub
March 3, 2024, 6:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,972
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from tarka

That's irrelevant. Criticise all you like...but don't throw your toys out of the pram if the players bite back.

I personally couldn’t give a fook what he says he won’t be here much longer anyway , if you watch /attend games you’d have noticed he struggles at this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 139
Hagrid
March 3, 2024, 6:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,448
Gold Stars: 536

It's something he needs to work on. But probably better than Holahan casually sauntering back or on flat foot and nowhere near to put pressure on the player. Even getting in front of a player takes forward options away that cut through teams. Defensive work isn't purely about sliding tackles.

You’ve really got it in for Gav havent you. Every single time you come back to him
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 139
mariner91
March 3, 2024, 6:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,677
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Mayaman

Because if I go to a restaurant and the food is crap, I don't go back every week and complain about it.

Not remotely the same is it? If I'm disappointed with a meal at a restaurant, I'll go to a different restaurant. If i'm dissatisfied with the team's performance one week, I'm not then going to go and watch Lincoln or Scunny instead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 139
AncientExiledMariner
March 3, 2024, 6:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Hagrid

You’ve really got it in for Gav havent you. Every single time you come back to him

Not particularly. I care about Grimsby and he's cost us many goals. I wouldn't mind so much, but people bash other players and eulogise him. Happening more now Hunt has gone. Someone is going to have to balance the debate. If people weren't trying to scapegoat players, you'd see me really quiet.

The fact you're triggered by me highlighting the point, tells me you've got a bit of a soft spot for Gav.

Edit: Looking back through your recent post history. I've seen you bash Green, Vernham and Andrews. I don't think I'll take any lectures from you on bashing players. Don't like it, don't do it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 139
MuddyWaters
March 3, 2024, 6:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,267
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid

Gav’s a top bloke but he was chasing shadows yesterday.
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 139
Hagrid
March 3, 2024, 8:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,448
Gold Stars: 536

Not particularly. I care about Grimsby and he's cost us many goals. I wouldn't mind so much, but people bash other players and eulogise him. Happening more now Hunt has gone. Someone is going to have to balance the debate. If people weren't trying to scapegoat players, you'd see me really quiet.

The fact you're triggered by me highlighting the point, tells me you've got a bit of a soft spot for Gav.

Edit: Looking back through your recent post history. I've seen you bash Green, Vernham and Andrews. I don't think I'll take any lectures from you on bashing players. Don't like it, don't do it.

Cost us many goals😂😂

Done more for us than the 3 named combined.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 139
chaos33
March 3, 2024, 8:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,944
Gold Stars: 360
Tawdry thread this.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 139
moosey_club
March 3, 2024, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,271
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Gav’s a top bloke but he was chasing shadows yesterday.

The midfield three all were, that's because of the shape and our fullbacks sitting deep. Midfield were out numbered

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 139
Marinerdeano
March 3, 2024, 8:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Players performances get scrutinised to the nth degree in the public domain. Players don't hang around and pull up trees elsewhere. Not saying Players aren't open to criticism but if my performance at work was broadcast in an adverse way in the public domain regularly I would be anxious and therefore lax in my performance, consider if I wanted to be there and feel a sense that my voice would need to be heard against dissenting voices. Yes I'm sure others would prefer to prove people wrong and press on and others probably just say intercourse this. Thing is players like us are human and all different. Deep down this is something of a non-story led by a few who are probably not happy unless they have something to argue about, quick to give but struggle to take.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 139
AncientExiledMariner
March 3, 2024, 9:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Hagrid

Cost us many goals😂😂

Done more for us than the 3 named combined.

Sentimentality.

Have you not been watching this season, or have you got your rose tinted spectacles on? Go back through the highlights for this season, especially goals conceded, and then watch the runners and midfielders. Watch what Gav does, and what how many times a goal comes about. It's been several times that Gav has been guilty of shirking on defensive work.

While I'm thankful to Gav for previous exploits, the same as Luke Waterfall, it doesn't change the fact that he's probably not good enough to start in a league 2 first team that competes. He could maybe benefit us from the bench, but then with the wages, you'd ask if he does enough to justify that spot next year. I'd much prefer Khouri and another taking those opportunities and bringing in a few first teamers with L2/L1 experience or bags of potential.

Yes, Gav has the history, but next season, I'd be surprised Gav or Andrews are with us, and probably Andrews would be more likely as he has a higher ceiling...

Don't get attached.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 139
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Niall Maher

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.