jimgtfc
March 25, 2024, 7:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,096
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from jimgtfc

It’s bizarre, if it is ST holder not releasing their seat then they absolutely should, the club couldn’t make it any easier and there’s some decent incentives as well. I released my ST for the Wrexham game on the Monday before it as I had tickets for the England Brazil game, yet it still didn’t sell apparently.

Actually scrap that, just checked the website and it did sell. Must’ve been last minute. Still only 2 out of 6 though.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
March 25, 2024, 7:49am
Guest User
I release my seat when I can’t make it. There’s a few around me however who either don’t turn up, lend their ticket to others or when they do turn up, it’s 15 minutes after kick off and they’re usually back in the bar 15 minutes before half time.
Reply: 11 - 26
jimgtfc
March 25, 2024, 9:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,096
Gold Stars: 45
Our of interest, for those who have released seats this season, how many of them have been resold?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
paulmblythe
March 25, 2024, 12:17pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from jimgtfc
Our of interest, for those who have released seats this season, how many of them have been resold?

ive done it 3 times since they introduced it (once this season) and its never sold. in a decent area of the pontoon too

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
Mappers
March 25, 2024, 12:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,348
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from jimgtfc

Released mine 6 times , it says 0 released seats so i assume that means it's never gone ?
Mainly been midweek one's though i can't make so guess they are not really in demand are they .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
thornemariner
March 25, 2024, 4:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +665
Gold Stars: 22
I offered my FGR ticket out for free on this site. No takers and no friends wanted it. I've normally missed some games each season when going on holiday and when Town have been in a slump (and they frequently have) you can't give a seat or ticket away. Those who turned it down missed two home wins when I was away.

I don't offer it back to the club. They've already charged me more than enough for the seat without making more from it. I'd rather give it away.

Some of the stats about our poor league form in the last decades really are shocking even though I've consistently had a ST in that period.

I think that may be it for me. Town seem to have a high win rate at home on the few occasions I miss a game. When you don't win many home games during a season anyway it makes a ST really poor value for money.

I saw one home and one away win in 2009-10, both in September, having attended eighteen home and fifteen away games.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
DB
March 25, 2024, 4:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from thornemariner
I offered my FGR ticket out for free on this site. No takers and no friends wanted it. I've normally missed some games each season when going on holiday and when Town have been in a slump (and they frequently have) you can't give a seat or ticket away. Those who turned it down missed two home wins when I was away.

I don't offer it back to the club. They've already charged me more than enough for the seat without making more from it. I'd rather give it away.

Some of the stats about our poor league form in the last decades really are shocking even though I've consistently had a ST in that period.

I think that may be it for me. Town seem to have a high win rate at home on the few occasions I miss a game. When you don't win many home games during a season anyway it makes a ST really poor value for money.

I saw one home and one away win in 2009-10, both in September, having attended eighteen home and fifteen away games.

Reading this please, please don't go to the Bradford, Newport and Swindon games as 9 points would be very welcome.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
Mappers
March 25, 2024, 4:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,348
Gold Stars: 119

7 wins at home and 1 win away all season is dire whatever which way you look at it . Double figures would probably keep us up but it's a tragic  season laced with too many draws and defeats however the club dress it up .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
chaos33
March 25, 2024, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360

Given that you’ve said you’ve not been able to give it away, what you’ve said about not giving the ticket back to the club makes no sense.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
HerveJosse
March 25, 2024, 6:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Yoda
That squad is 100% non league we should really be bottom but a really bad fgr and sutton team are keeping our heads above water.

Be fair is 96% not 100% exclude Rose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Reality Check

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.