Maringer
April 1, 2024, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,775
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Hagrid
Suppose- with a few hours to calm down- it is still in our hands. We do our own job and we stay up

Only problem is that we've been saying that for the past couple of months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 103
HertsGTFC
April 1, 2024, 6:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,134
Gold Stars: 241
Quoted from Hagrid
Suppose- with a few hours to calm down- it is still in our hands. We do our own job and we stay up

If I’m honest I’m clinging to that too.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 103
HerveJosse
April 1, 2024, 6:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,208
Gold Stars: 145
Fight 8 out of 10 quality 3 out 10 just about deserved to edge the game but for the last ten minutes when Bradfords second round of substitutes gave them the energy to finish stronger arguably making a draw a fair result Another step closer to the abyss given other results .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 103
Mappers
April 1, 2024, 6:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.37
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,651
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Maringer

Only problem is that we've been saying that for the past couple of months.

This - we have to forget about us , we are not good enough to  do the job ourselves but will churn out 46 points i think . We need the heavy hitters to do the job for us and beat our rivals - Stockport to beat Sutton next week is vital for us as is Franchise beating FGR .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 103
Yoda
April 1, 2024, 6:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,191
Gold Stars: 74
Hopefully next week results will go our way.
I cannot see us beating Newport.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 103
The Yard Dog
April 1, 2024, 6:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,528
Gold Stars: 75
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
In all of my 55 yrs of watching the Mariners I don't think I have ever seen a team relinquish more points against crap opposition than this one !

If we are to be relegated,(again), it will be our own fault, not refereeing decisions or any other outside influences, we are just not good enough.

Bradford like many others this season were total crap and should have been dispatched with ease, its down to us that we failed to do so.

Sooooooo frustrated today !!!!!!!!!!

We have manged to drop a massive 34 points from winning positions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 103
April 1, 2024, 6:51pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimps
God im depressed.
I only get home to watch them a couple of times a year , I’ve not seen them win for about 5 years 😩

I feel for you. I saw Town win at Ipswich in early 1999 and my next victory was at home to QPR in November 2003. I did go one season without seeing a game after giving up drinking and gradually upped my games after that but did wonder where the next win would come from.

I've thought we had that smell of relegation about us since October and while we played better than last Friday I still don't think we have enough about us to get the points required. Happy to be proved otherwise.

As some here know, I follow Brentford too having lived in that area of west London. On Saturday I got into conversation with someone who overheard me talking about Town with other Bees fans on a bus. He has a BFC season ticket but was taken with our away support many years ago and regularly goes to our games in the SE. As someone who has watched the Bees through thin and thinner over many years he still intends to get to Town games.
Reply: 56 - 103
lew chaterleys lover
April 1, 2024, 6:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,818
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from HerveJosse
Fight 8 out of 10 quality 3 out 10 just about deserved to edge the game but for the last ten minutes when Bradfords second round of substitutes gave them the energy to finish stronger arguably making a draw a fair result Another step closer to the abyss given other results .

I think we deserved to win just for effort, but ironically they had the best 2 chances.

Had we held on the forum would have been a much happier place, but at least we did battle, although it is a mystery how such an imbalanced and slow squad was allowed to be assembled.

Despite appearing not to want to go on the pitch Eastwood did well.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 103
pontoonlew
April 1, 2024, 6:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,126
Gold Stars: 182
I think today is a lot worse given the results around us, the only solace I can take at the minute is thank god we went 6 unbeaten when we did or we’d be buried now.

Controversial but I still don’t think we’re anywhere near as bad as our previous sides that got relegated from this division. We were decent again today and I’m certain Bradford wouldn’t have scored from open play.

Regardless though, we’re in a proper dog fight now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 103
grimps
April 1, 2024, 6:56pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,198
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from 800

I feel for you. I saw Town win at Ipswich in early 1999 and my next victory was at home to QPR in November 2003. I did go one season without seeing a game after giving up drinking and gradually upped my games after that but did wonder where the next win would come from.

I've thought we had that smell of relegation about us since October and while we played better than last Friday I still don't think we have enough about us to get the points required. Happy to be proved otherwise.

As some here know, I follow Brentford too having lived in that area of west London. On Saturday I got into conversation with someone who overheard me talking about Town with other Bees fans on a bus. He has a BFC season ticket but was taken with our away support many years ago and regularly goes to our games in the SE. As someone who has watched the Bees through thin and thinner over many years he still intends to get to Town games.

Yeah it makes you think that it’s you that’s the jinx , mind you they’re not exactly winning every week without me to be fair .

I went to Brentford a couple of times in the 90s and we seemed to pretty much fill their small away end , I think one time was a cup game and we won 3-1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.