RonMariner
April 6, 2024, 6:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,813
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mappers

It would take the ultimate freak set of results and us losing 5 on the bounce for us to go Ron . I just can't see it happening , we are too good at drawing to not get 1 or 2 more draws. Unless FGR somehow win 4 out of 4 I think it's done . And after Mansfield got torched at home today , I can hardly see them not being up for it against them on Tuesday .

Sutton don't even play the 2 Tuesdays so it's a free hit on gaining points on them aswell .

Given that FGR have to visit Mansfield and Wrexham next we could be out of reach of them even if we lose our next two.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
wuffing
April 6, 2024, 6:27pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +851
Gold Stars: 40
Paul Groves qoute: 'f****ng get in'

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
chaos33
April 6, 2024, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,989
Gold Stars: 362
Sutton have got Harrogate away next Saturday then Crawley at home and MK Dons away. Ouch. Surely they’re not going to get more than 3 points max from those games. Probably 0 or 1.

Vegetablists have got Mansfield away Tuesday night. Surely they will be on the end of a reaction. Then they’ve got Wrexham away, Morecambe away and County at home. Can’t see them getting anything at Wrexham and conceivably could win the other two (or win and draw). I think Colchester will be ok with their games, and they’ll probably beat us, so I think it’s Sutton and FGR that are ‘by a thread’. Huge shift of pressure onto those two with really difficult fixtures against opponents who all need to win.

3 more points for us, and we’ll be ok in all likelihood. Maybe fewer.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
Mappers
April 6, 2024, 6:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,428
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from chaos33
Sutton have got Harrogate away next Saturday then Crawley at home and MK Dons away. Ouch. Surely they’re not going to get more than 3 points max from those games. Probably 0 or 1.

Vegetablists have got Mansfield away Tuesday night. Surely they will be on the end of a reaction. Then they’ve got Wrexham away, Morecambe away and County at home. Can’t see them getting anything at Wrexham and conceivably could win the other two (or win and draw). I think Colchester will be ok with their games, and they’ll probably beat us, so I think it’s Sutton and FGR that are ‘by a thread’. Huge shift of pressure onto those two with really difficult fixtures against opponents who all need to win.

3 more points for us, and we’ll be ok in all likelihood. Maybe fewer.

I would be happy if we relegated Colchester ,want them gone .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
GrimRob
April 6, 2024, 6:42pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,443
Gold Stars: 114
Be nice to see a "R" next to Forest Green.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 47
Poojah
April 6, 2024, 6:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,699
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Mappers

I would be happy if we relegated Colchester ,want them gone .

I feel just about confident enough to say this without fear of retribution via karma, but fans of no EFL club are going to miss any of Forest Green, Colchester or Sutton.

Friends and enemies of no one. Shíte away days. Poor away followings. The football league will be a better place without 2 of those 3.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
Teestogreen
April 6, 2024, 6:54pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -161
Gold Stars: 23
Population of Nailsworth is about the same as Brigg.
Can’t see how  football league ambitions are ultimately sustainable for this small town.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
RonMariner
April 6, 2024, 6:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Teestogreen
Population of Nailsworth is about the same as Brigg.
Can’t see how  football league ambitions are ultimately sustainable for this small town.

It's a one man vanity project isn't it.

I wonder how many millions he has pumped into them?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
exiledmeggie
April 6, 2024, 7:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -209
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from RonMariner

It's a one man vanity project isn't it.

I wonder how many millions he has pumped into them?

Being far too close to Stale Mince’s vanity project, and noting that the sale of his windmill business fell through recently, I can confirm that there is yet to be a sod turned on the wooden stadium.

When, on Tuesday night, they’re relegated, I can see the project being shelved.

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
RonMariner
April 6, 2024, 7:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
Just 2 defeats in the last 10 games now isn't it? So on current from we should pick up quiet a few more points from our remaining 5 games. I think 3 will do it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The table looks better tonight

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.