3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner_501
April 7, 2024, 7:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
I think this man deserves his own thread.

Possibly the best league two central midfielder we’ve had since…?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Fette Schlange
April 7, 2024, 7:41am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -94
Gold Stars: 51
Nick Rizo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
StacyColdicotts_hairline
April 7, 2024, 7:45am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Approval: +211
Gold Stars: 1
Excellent player and has been fantastic for town.

Can't quite remember his contract? Did we sign him? I know he has played at a few levels above (and it shows) but ultimately he must only be here to get his fitness back up and to put himself in the shop window? I have no problem with this. He has probably kept this club playing league football next year. We are better for having him here.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
Brummie Codfather
April 7, 2024, 7:54am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 22
I think it was 18 months so under contract for next season too.  I’ve been really impressed with Thompson, so good at shielding the ball, retaining it and snuffing out danger.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
LondonMariner43
April 7, 2024, 8:05am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
Two great signings in Thompson and Tharme.  Next season the team needs to be built around a spine of Tharme, Thompson and Rose.  2-3 more players of their quality could tip us towards a top half team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
rancido
April 7, 2024, 8:09am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,641
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Two great signings in Thompson and Tharme.  Next season the team needs to be built around a spine of Tharme, Thompson and Rose.  2-3 more players of their quality could tip us towards a top half team

I've been impressed with DA's January recruitment and I'm sure he'll bring the right players in during the close season.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
LondonMariner43
April 7, 2024, 8:13am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
As much as Conteh was a quality player, I think Thompson had been an upgrade and has shown the leadership to drag the rest of the team along with him.  A great bit of business.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
aussiej
April 7, 2024, 8:20am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +120
Gold Stars: 17
No more 2 or 3 quality players to be built round the likes of Thompson and Tharme please!!!  We need 11 quality players to start the season or we will fall into the same trap again of not having enough quality in the side. It only takes 2 or 3 injuries to your best players and your back to square one again. If we stay up we need different thinking or it will.be more of the same...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
fishboyUTM
April 7, 2024, 11:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from LondonMariner43
As much as Conteh was a quality player, I think Thompson had been an upgrade and has shown the leadership to drag the rest of the team along with him.  A great bit of business.

Conteh will exceed Thompsons level of ability but he isn't anywhere near Thompsons level without the ball. I know which player I'd prefer in that holding role at the moment and he chews gum and gobs off at opponents.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
toontown
April 7, 2024, 11:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Conteh will exceed Thompsons level of ability but he isn't anywhere near Thompsons level without the ball. I know which player I'd prefer in that holding role at the moment and he chews gum and gobs off at opponents.

Agreed.

Conteh will end up laying at a higher level I think, but Thompson is better in the here and now at this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Curtis Thompson

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.