7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 23, 2024, 3:58pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
With Harvey Cartwright returning to 'ull, and Jake Eastwood still being under contract for another year, DA is more than likely going to be looking for either a new number 1, or someone who can challenge with Eastwood for the number 1 slot.

One name that comes to mind for me is Will Jääskeläinen. Currently playing at Woking, he has previously played under DA at Crewe (yes I know he was in their relegation team), but if we are looking for an experienced keeper, he has played over 165 games, over half of them for Crewe.......

............and best of all he is out of contract this summer.

Any other suggestions/ideas?
Logged Offline
Private Message
crusty ole pie
April 23, 2024, 4:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
With Harvey Cartwright returning to 'ull, and Jake Eastwood still being under contract for another year, DA is more than likely going to be looking for either a new number 1, or someone who can challenge with Eastwood for the number 1 slot.

One name that comes to mind for me is Will Jääskeläinen. Currently playing at Woking, he has previously played under DA at Crewe (yes I know he was in their relegation team), but if we are looking for an experienced keeper, he has played over 165 games, over half of them for Crewe.......

............and best of all he is out of contract this summer.

Any other suggestions/ideas?

NO

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 67
LocalLadGTFC
April 23, 2024, 4:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
Wouldn't suprise me if we was in for Marcus Dewhurst... he was born in Hull and had a really good season for Wealdstone taking there POTY. Out of contract and played at every youth level for England.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 67
golfer
April 23, 2024, 4:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
WBJ - how do you get the umlauts (double dots over the "a" ) in Jaaskelaqinen on a laptop ? Is yours a German make ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 67
Limerick Mariner
April 23, 2024, 4:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,720
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from golfer
WBJ - how do you get the umlauts (double dots over the "a" ) in Jaaskelaqinen on a laptop ? Is yours a German make ?

Have we ever had a player with a name containing an umlaut? I can’t recall one. Clive should probably have had a cedilla on the c in his surname, but I doubt they would have wanted to feck around with that in Yorkshire when his career started.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 67
jimgtfc
April 23, 2024, 5:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 45
I’m still waiting for that 6”7 Finnish goalkeeper, whatever happened to him?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 67
denni266
April 23, 2024, 5:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Wouldn't suprise me if we was in for Marcus Dewhurst... he was born in Hull and had a really good season for Wealdstone taking there POTY. Out of contract and played at every youth level for England.

Looks a good call to me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 67
supertown
April 23, 2024, 5:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from golfer

Why do you think he is on ä laptop? It’s simple to do on an iPhone , just hold the a for a few seconds
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 67
Abdul19
April 23, 2024, 5:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
Will Jaaskelainen (son of Jussi) played for Crewe at BP in 2019, where he was beaten by Harry Davis (son of Steve) and Joe Grayson (son of Simon). Another one of those same time tomorrow.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 67
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 23, 2024, 6:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 179
Brian Maher (Derry city) will be on a few clubs list over that side of the Irish Sea. Classed by many as the best keeper in the league of Ireland (probably not the best yardstick) and only 23. Would say that many championship clubs will look at him as a back up keeper

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 67
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Goalkeepers - suggestions please

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.