12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
November 26, 2019, 9:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I know where the goalmouth mound has gone. They just moved it in from of the dugouts. Typical Town, sweeping the dirt under the carpet.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 110
sonofmadeleymariner
November 26, 2019, 10:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Looked alot more like we did in Augusted didn't we. Only thing missing tonight was a couple of goals. I'm not too worried about our drop off in the second half, Cheltenham had a bit more about them and certainly made us work harder then we had to in the first half.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 110
carrot top
November 26, 2019, 10:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89
How times have changed, we are happy with a 0-0 draw at home to Cheltenham :/

They have only 3 defeats so far which is the best in the league. Defensively they also have conceded less than anyone else away from home.
We should have however scored st least 2 in the first half. Second half was disappointing though

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 110
Grimbiggs
November 26, 2019, 10:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Positive performace, plenty of energy, and unlucky to not come away with all 3 points, against a Cheltenham team who are flying high. Tried to play football tonight, and better defensively, with Macca having very little to do, just needed to finish off the good first chances we had...UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 110
IlkleyMariner
November 26, 2019, 10:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69

How many times have we lost 1-0 to Cheltenham

Think a 0-0 v a team near the top is quite acceptable given respective form of late.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 110
Maringer
November 26, 2019, 10:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,642
Gold Stars: 189
Deserved at least a goal from the first half performance but were helped a lot by how poor their passing was. They just kept kicking it into touch or straight to us. Just like watching Town!

Unfortunately, second half, a complete turnaround. They made one change to bring on a proper right-back and we just couldn't make inroads after that - I couldn't quite work out how they all suddenly became better at passing, however! We badly ran out of steam in that second half with Whitehouse, Green, Hewitt and Rose quickly knackered. All had done pretty well during the first half and struggled badly after that. Perhaps not too much of a surprise as none have been playing that regularly.

Positives? Plenty of hard work, good defending and decent passing (first half only). Negatives are a lack of pace and stamina and the team shape just fell apart in the second half, especially after Hanson went off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 110
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
We looked OK for a couple of short spells. Maybe we were unlucky in the first half but that only underlines the lack of a good striker and the way all of them snatch at chances. Don’t they practice finishing in a goalmouth ruck?

Too much tip-tap, sideways and back still for most of the game. Then the big lump upfield when they close us down. Is this the old old tactic of trying to draw them out then thump it over for the target bloke to nod on? It hardly ever works unless you play two strikers moving together. It worked when Rose came in next to Hanson once in the first half.

Clifton is now only worth his place on effort, his passing is poor and he cannot beat a marker to save his life. Was Hewitt playing right back tonight? Cheltenham had plenty of space down there second half. Was Green supposed to be playing up front or as auxiliary defender.

We are much too spread out as a team so the player on the ball is always outnumbered and few passing options. Is it because we lack pace or are we not fit enough to move up and down the park as a unit?

Maybe we are a bit better but the jury is still out on Limbrick. We might have the ball on the floor more often but we created very little from it.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 110
Rik e B

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Limbrick post match interview:

[url]https://clyp.it/k0ehlu4b[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 110
Grimbiggs
November 26, 2019, 10:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685

You obviously don't watch much football!.... decent result, and for large periods of the game we dominated a team that is vying for the promotion places, what more do you expect?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 110
mimma
November 26, 2019, 10:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
We still lack confidence with the ball. When we get the ball in or around our box we still hack it to the half way line and chase after it. Problem is that we don't have anyone on the half way line so we have just given them the ball back.
Another thing is at the end our forward line just stood in a straight line waiting, no movement whatsoever.
Still an improvement though.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.