rancido
March 7, 2020, 7:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,648
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from gobby

How do you know that? Law has changed and the winner of the coin toss can now either kick off or choose ends!
UTMM

The law has always been the same for the start of a game. Whoever wins the toss has the choice of either kick-off or ends.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
gobby
March 7, 2020, 7:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Sorry to say Rancido but you are wrong. Law changed 15 years ago or so to that whoever won the toss kicked off. It has just changed back again to whoever wins the toss chooses kick off or switch ends. This is Law 8 start of play.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
rancido
March 7, 2020, 7:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,648
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from gobby
Sorry to say Rancido but you are wrong. Law changed 15 years ago or so to that whoever won the toss kicked off. It has just changed back again to whoever wins the toss chooses kick off or switch ends. This is Law 8 start of play.
UTMM

My apologies, I never knew it  had changed in the first place and then changed back. Why do the change these things - if it's ain't broke then why fix it!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
gobby
March 7, 2020, 7:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from rancido

My apologies, I never knew it  had changed in the first place and then changed back. Why do the change these things - if it's ain't broke then why fix it!

Who knows fella, but it keeps someone in a job!
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
LH
March 7, 2020, 7:37pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,584
Gold Stars: 175
A really poor advert for League Two for a first half. Second half we got the goals we needed and kept them mostly to dead balls to back into it. Loved the over-exuberant celebrations for the goals from the players and seeing Limbrick sprinting about hugging Town stewards at the end.

Well done to Scunthorpe for proving the exception to the ‘pay peanuts, get monkeys’ rule. Ya dirty twits!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
Theimperialcoroner
March 7, 2020, 7:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,258
Gold Stars: 102
Whilst on the subject of Law changes, the change to drop ball is just balderdash as is the ref not being part of the field of play. Nonsense tinkering.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 54
Bigdog
March 7, 2020, 8:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
HertsGTFC
March 7, 2020, 8:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,988
Gold Stars: 228
Order restored........ at last!

Good team performance by a committed Town squad playing for each other, the manager and the once again excellent support.

Somebody needs to tell Peter Swann if that’s what a league 1 budget gets you I’ve got some magic beans to sell if he’s interested......... I thought they where really poor.

Not sure about the last time we won by 2 headed goals but both Chaz and Waterfall took theirs really well and the time between both goals in reality meant that they where never coming back and where resigned to pot shots and walking around doing a double tea pot with heads down.

Hard to single players out but away from the goal scorers I thought Hewitt, Clarke and Hendrie all played well, but like I say the best “team” won. What was also really good to see was IH set the side up for a result and look what happened. I also like that he trusted Max & Tilley to perform the wing back role when they’re naturally attackers.

Sorry to lose Glennon who looks like he’ll be out for a bit and all being well King Billy going off is precautionary.

So a good day overall. There was the odd scene outside afterwards but nothing like what that Scunt tool who called into RH accusing Hanson (yes Hanson) of sh1t housery was talking about.

UTMM!!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
wigworld
March 7, 2020, 8:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Bigdog

Video Summary: Scunny aren't as good as Grimsby, and Scunny supporters are not as good as Grimsby supporters.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 54
HertsGTFC
March 7, 2020, 8:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,988
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from wigworld

Video Summary: Scunny aren't as good as Grimsby, and Scunny supporters are not as good as Grimsby supporters.

Poor lad, he drove all that way, made a vid, posted it on line just to find out what we’ve known for decades

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.