No Members and 21 Guests

GTST - The Next Chapter

This thread currently has 29,045 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory_blocked
September 30, 2011, 10:42pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
That's the issue isn't it. It takes a "someone". Not you by the sound of it and to be honest I don't blame you. It would take a tremendous amount of work setting up something from scratch.

The other problem would be the large amount of people like you that would be trying as hard as you possibly could for it to fail.

Why don't you just rename GTST as JTST -  John Fenty Supporters Trust ?  

I reckon the last thing you want is a huge numbers of independent supporters having a massive voice for free.

Much better for you to make sure it all goes through GTST where those supporters who aren't put off by either having to pay, being put out or being bamboozled by the complicatedness of it all then have to gain Fenty's blessing.

I predict here and now that you and others will make sure GTST remains as ineffective and inaccessible to the average supporter as it has proved to be up until now.

And just to be clear, acting like another fundraising arm to pump supporters funds into Fenty's "financial black hole" wouldn't disprove it !
Reply: 150 - 179
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 30, 2011, 10:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from Drinkells Boot
But not everyone likes the current GTST chair. You would be the most popular choice Tarka. If the trust are to be taken seriously there needs to be a total regime change.

Dave has already said he gave up because of personal reasons. Even if the "regime" who took over where not the right ones there was no one else who put themselves forward.

I'm bet Emma would happily hand over the reins if someone else wanted to take over (and assuming the membership didn't find someone else).

To be honest I didn't notice any change in policy when Dave left, so why would it be taken more seriously if he re-joined the board? It will only be taken more seriously when more fans joined and got involved. GTFC fans have only got themselves to blame.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 179
80sglory_blocked
September 30, 2011, 10:49pm
Guest User
It's not a business so why are the words "customer service" relevant?

Of course it should be treated like a business.
Don't you want it to attract as much revenue as possible ?  

We shouldn't be suprised - we all know GTST aren't readily willing to accept 500,000 worth of shares so no suprises there !

PS If you're gonna dicredit your self and act like a child by abusing me blah blah blah, no-one will believe you blah blah blah.  
Reply: 152 - 179
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 30, 2011, 10:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1600

Shedloads of reasons I've already stated.

- Very inconvenient for me to change my plans - not even sure I could make it before the game. [How do you think others manage? Fucksake, some people travel from 100 miles away to be at those meetings]
- Don't know where the meeting is, no public announcement. [Have you lost the ability to read? It's been plastered all over this MB. I can find it and I'm an old IT illiterate fart. You're just making pathetic excuses.]
- Already thought of loads of ideas(no-one else has been willing to reply let alone discuss them) [Go to the effing meeting you nonce and talk about them.]
- No-one else has thought of any other ideas in advance to make us better prepared. [Then seize the initiative at the meeting and wow everyone with your plans. What is there to lose?]
- Haven't seen any pre-meeting agenda. [Make the agenda up when you get there? Or do you need an authority figure to tell you what to do all the time?]
- Don't see why we're being put out when we can do it all on here. If we can't make it to our computers why are we be expected to make it elsewhere ? [You've obviously no experience of dealing with complicated issues if you think you can do it via a message board. Besides, what about the people who don't uyse this or any MB, or even have a computer? Come back when you have thought things through properly.]
- Haven't agreed GTST should "facilitate" or "be in control" of the meeting. [What you haven't "agreed"? If you don't like it then don't "farckin cam".
- Everything about the meeting has seemingly been "decided upon" without a vote. [Tell us. Tell us what's been decided? Save everyone the time and effort of going and tell us what's been decided?]
- I'm a potential customer, not a GTST footsoldier. [GTST isn't looking for customers. Members yes. Customers, no. It isn't a business. I suggest you use some of your IT skills to do some research on supporters trusts and the co-operative movement]
- Don't particularly want to be stuck in a room full of Fentyites for no apparent reason.
[I wasn't aware that was a qualification. I know plenty of people who are not Fentyites who will be going. Some I think have been too ready to agree with Fenty, I'll grant you, but you know what. They joined, took part and gave up their time so they have a voice. You my friend do naff all but moan and are one of those sad fornicators whose only voice is on here].

PS Are you Humbo in disguise?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 179
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 30, 2011, 10:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1600
Read my lips.
I CAN'T MAKE IT SATURDAY, I CAN'T MAKE IT ANY DAY (except when the footy is on because I get a lift with someone and they've got their own commitments)

I might at a massive push be able to put myself through a load of hassle and incur excessive travel costs just to get there early and attend someone elses meeting I don't see the point to and mix with some people I particularly don't like- but it's highly improbable I would in any case even if I wanted to !

If that's all ok with you  ?

If you don't like it why don't you start your own organisation, that meets when it suits you. Set the date. Publicise it on here and sign up anyone who goes to whatever onanisation you set up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 179
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 30, 2011, 11:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 3622

Of course it should be treated like a business.
Don't you want it to attract as much revenue as possible ?  

We shouldn't be suprised - we all know GTST aren't readily willing to accept 500,000 worth of shares so no suprises there !

PS If you're gonna dicredit your self and act like a child by abusing me blah blah blah, no-one will believe you blah blah blah.  

Completely wrong. The point of GTST isn't to attract revenue. Revenue is useful but not the point.

I abuse you like a child because, quite simply it's pointless reasoning with you. Whatever is said you don't get it. I know that. 99% of the users of this MB see that. I probably shouldn't be wasting my time on you but it is at least slightly satisfying to insult you.

I apologise if you truly are too thick to understand, but I suspect you're just being deliberately obtuse.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 179
Will Haddock
September 30, 2011, 11:05pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -32
TW - I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve by qouting old posts that have already been read and replied to.

<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 179
LukeyJ
October 1, 2011, 12:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / 0
I like the idea and prospect of the trust getting going again. I wish it the best.

If I could offer constructive criticism though. I trawled through this thread and other before it for over half an hour to find an official confirmation of when the meeting was. Once the time and date was decided. It should have been started as a new thread so that fans and fishy members could easily see it, not fish for it.

It would have been also nice to communicate pre-requisites of attending this meeting... e.g. open to all current members only, open to current members and prospective members who would like to join today, or open to all fans but only trust members can vote on motions.

It would also have been reasonable to provide an agenda plus areas which would be voted on.

People make decisions based on their present amount of information and you may muster more participants by providing all information in an easily accessible source. This could even have been updating the first post of the thread. However, not everyone is as determined as I am to find this information but may be keen prospective trust members.

Communication is key. Anyway, good luck on the meeting. Lets hope good things come out of it.

Regards,

LukeyJ
Previous Trust Member
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 179
80sglory
October 1, 2011, 1:33pm
Guest User
That's pretty much EXACTLY what I said !  
And I got slagged off left right and centre for daring to criticize when I was only trying to improve things for the supporters benefit !  
And people then wonder why people aren't willing to put themselves out or dig into their own pocket to massive inconvenience to themselves.
I'm afraid you just can't win sometimes...  
Reply: 158 - 179
the Grimbarian
October 1, 2011, 5:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from 1600
That's pretty much EXACTLY what I said !  
And I got slagged off left right and centre for daring to criticize when I was only trying to improve things for the supporters benefit !  
And people then wonder why people aren't willing to put themselves out or dig into their own pocket to massive inconvenience to themselves.
I'm afraid you just can't win sometimes...  

I know the feeling mate you try and be constructive all you get in return is personal abuse and from people close to the Trust.So future members of the trust read  all the slagging off by people and say sod it what the poiint of joining  

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 179
18 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › GTST - The Next Chapter

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.