This thread currently has 29,067 views. Print
18 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
Grim_Exile
September 26, 2011, 10:39am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Hi All:

Just in the interests of getting things moving (and re-inforcing any stereotype about females being good organisers  ), I've picked out the following names from the 'Past, Present, Future' thread that have said they would be willing to get involved with provising help / support / ideas to GTST (unless stated, I've assumed that you are local, sorry!):

Local Folk:
1mickylyons
Wrawby_Mariner
cmackenzie4
voiceofreason
Chris
Theimperialcoroner (added)
barralad (added)
craigy (added)
BrotherGrim2 (added)
HamelnMariner (added)

From A Distance:
WillHaddock
jockdocktower
TownSNAFU5
80sglory ??

Given that there seems to be real momentum here, I'd like to suggest a meet up sooner rather than later.  As the one things that unites us all is the football club, would it be worth arranging a meeting for a matchday when the majority are likely to be in the area?  Or would a weeknight be better?  We're probably not going to be able to arrange something that will suit everyone, but going with the majority would be a good start.

All suggestions for days / dates / locations welcome!  And it would be open to all, not just those I have listed above!

Cheers, Emma
Logged Offline
Private Message
Theimperialcoroner
September 26, 2011, 10:41am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
You can add me too, semi-local.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 179
September 26, 2011, 10:48am
Guest User
I'm sorry Emma, I just don't have the time at the moment. I'm juggling a full time job with running my own business and running a football team.
Reply: 2 - 179
tarka
September 26, 2011, 10:49am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 75
I'm sorry Emma, I just don't have the time at the moment. I'm juggling a full time job with running my own business and running a football team.

And a flock to tend to of course!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 179
September 26, 2011, 11:14am
Guest User
Quoted from tarka

And a flock to tend to of course!

The least said about my flock, the better!
Reply: 4 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
September 26, 2011, 11:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
When ever . . Tuesday night is pool night though   . .seriously though I'm available whenever
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 5 - 179
barralad
September 26, 2011, 4:57pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Matchday before the game is surely the best option? Some of the names quoted have already stated that they would find it difficult to attend other than on a matchday.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 179
craigy
September 26, 2011, 5:02pm
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +92
i know i dont post alot but you can add me, espically as i am doing my dissertation on the club, i know i must be bonkers  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 179
cmackenzie4
September 26, 2011, 5:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I would try my very best to attend,bear in mind i am a shift worker unfortunately,but anything i can do i will,i would love to help.

I will wait to see the proposed date and take it from there.

chris

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 179
1mickylyons
September 26, 2011, 5:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
I am also a shift worker and personally favour a non matchday due to time however i appreciate some people are travelling from out of Town,i think we should let this run til Saturday and then pick a time and place for a meeting if that suits everyone?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 179
BrotherGrim2
September 26, 2011, 5:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Hi Emma - As discussed yesterday I now have the time to get back involved and i am willing to do so given that there seems to be a fair level of interest . I am sure I could get DS to find a room prior to the match on Saturday (say 12.30 ) if that suits . Let me know.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 179
Rich Boy
September 26, 2011, 7:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -22
Count me in. I'll do the name cards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 179
TownSNAFU5
September 26, 2011, 8:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
I could attend a meeting before the Alfreton game on 1 Oct.  I did post though that I have other competing demands  on my time.

The more offers received reduces individual workloads.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 179
Hameln Mariner
September 26, 2011, 8:13pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +134
I'll help out if my wife lets me, if you need anything translating into German I'm your man.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 8:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from Grim_Exile
80sglory ??

Gladly in principle but have a meeting and I'll let you know when you've come up with a some kind of direction I can relate to.

Quoted from barralad
Matchday before the game is surely the best option? Some of the names quoted have already stated that they would find it difficult to attend other than on a matchday.

I'm not sure I would want to do that.
Saturdays are sacrosanct and with all due respect the fact you've said you're interested and might be in attendance has put me right off.
Reply: 14 - 179
Jimmy_Hills_Chin
September 26, 2011, 8:33pm

Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1600

Saturdays are sacrosanct and with all due respect the fact you've said you're interested and might be in attendance has put me right off.

intercourse off ya chinny illegitimate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
September 26, 2011, 8:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600

Gladly in principle but have a meeting and I'll let you know when you've come up with a some kind of direction I can relate to.

Ive agreed with everything you've said til up til now. Regardless of who is there that you don't like we are all there for the same thing and pulling together regardless of differences shows strength and character
Logged Offline
Reply: 16 - 179
cod.gtfc
September 26, 2011, 8:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Jimmy_Hills_Chin

I literally just burst out laughing, sorry to take the thread off topic, you can get back on track now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 179
barralad
September 26, 2011, 8:54pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1600

All due respect??

I've purposely stayed out of the generated debate on this subject because although I find your thought processes almost impossible to understand I was fully prepared to accept that others may have more luck and that deep down inside one or more of your posts there might be some worthwhile point.

Earlier you said that Saturday was an option but now suddenly Saturday's are sacrosanct (amazing pomposity). Just in case that particular get out clause might be challenged you then cite me as a reason for not attending a meeting.

Me and I suspect a lot of other people might deduce from your continued reticence to actually get involved in anything concrete apart from continually sniping from behind your keyboard, that you are what is commonly known as a "gob-sh*te" .

Personally I'm not really bothered whether you turn up or even honour us with your involvement at some later date once of course you've dissected any report produced by said meeting.

Perhaps you might consider reading back your post and considering whether:

1. It was actually under the circumstances a grown up thing to say,

2. Whether you at any time actually have anybody's interests at heart other than those of 80's Glory,

and finally,

3. Whether you could actually have anything to say or do that would make a positive contribution to the current situation.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 179
barralad
September 26, 2011, 8:55pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from cod.gtfc

I literally just burst out laughing, sorry to take the thread off topic, you can get back on track now.

Yes I know pathetic isn't it....

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 179
Kris Mustampa
September 26, 2011, 9:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -12
Quoted from 1600

Surely the point of the meeting is for those who are interested in the future of GTFC to decide upon the 'direction'?
By saying come up with a 'direction' and i will see if i can relate to it is a bit of a cop out. If you were serious I'd suggest you attend and help shape the direction?

Sorry Mr Glory but you say Saturdays are sacrosant and i recall you cannot usually attend mid week games it smacks of excuses.

You dont have to get involved of course, that is individual choice, but your post comes over as someone who will wait until things are formalised and will then be ultra critical. I hope i have you all wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 9:19pm
Guest User
Wrawbs I see what you're saying but I've already shown enough strength and character to outweight everyone else several times.
So let see others "step up to the plate" and think of at least ONE idea for a change !

Sorry but I've given LOADS of suggestions already (who else has ?) and very few(if any) have been discussed or commented upon on here (like e.g. using on-line media as a discussion platform?) so sorry, but I'm not gonna start feeling guilty about "not showing willing" by not sharing my table with members of Fenty's foot-army on a Saturday of all days !

Quoted from barralad
Earlier you said that Saturday was an option but now suddenly Saturday's are sacrosanct (amazing pomposity).

No I didn't.
I said Saturdays were an option BUT Town were playing. i.e. No.
I didn't leave the door completely closed but it's exactly that kind of twisting and usual BS that puts any meeting with YOU out of the question.
Quoted from barralad
Me and I suspect a lot of other people might deduce from your continued reticence to actually get involved in anything concrete apart from continually sniping from behind your keyboard, that you are what is commonly known as a "gob-sh*te" .

Suspect what you want, who else has got off their @rse and come up with any ideas on here ?
Oh but, that's "for the meeting" isn't it ?
Bottom line NO-ONE has given any reason why we can't discuss it all on here.
What's wrong, might that actually engage more supporters than it desirable to make it a success ?  

Much better to put people out and make it completely inconvenient, or is that the whole idea ?  
Most likely same as before, no answers will be forthcoming...

Anyway, let's see what revoultionary ideas you come up with - my guess barralad is you'll probably whitewash the greater wishes of the supporters and make sure JF get's his agenda through.  

Reply: 21 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 9:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from Kris Mustampa
Surely the point of the meeting is for those who are interested in the future of GTFC to decide upon the 'direction'?

You mean it's up to the people "in charge of the meeting" to decide the direction...

That's my guess why no-one wants to discuss any of it on here - they fear they can't be "in control".

Quoted from Kris Mustampa
Sorry Mr Glory but you say Saturdays are sacrosant and i recall you cannot usually attend mid week games it smacks of excuses.

Think what you like, I don't give a sh1t.
I could have very easily said nothing at all if I "wasn't willing".
At least I provide some answers which is more than can be said for the moral-majority who seemingly disappear and say nothing when you put a half decent question to them.
Reply: 22 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 9:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Regardless of who is there that you don't like we are all there for the same thing

Wrawbs quick question - what is this "same thing" because I'm honestly buggered if I know !

To help GTFC ? To help the supporters ? To "show willing" ? To form a social club ?

How difficult is it for people to put their thinking caps on and to propose some kind of pre-meeting agenda ?
Everyone else does it !

Yet another reason I feel less inclined to show willing.
My guess is it'll be a case of he who shouts loudest or sits in the biggest chair will win the day behind closed doors.

Reply: 23 - 179
barralad
September 26, 2011, 9:48pm
Mariners Trust
I have no real intention of getting involved in a slanging match with the likes of you.

You know nothing about me. I haven't up to now put the case for a meeting. I merely commented, in answer to another poster, that if a meeting was wanted then Saturday would be a good day to have it.....I suggest you keep your conspiracy theories for the non-football part of this messageboard.

Perhaps you would like to share with us your real reasons for not attending a meeting? My guess is that it has got everything to do with you not having a measure of control in a face to face meeting where lots of people might have differing views. Posting on a message board allows you to deal (copiously) with people on an individual basis.

I don't really need to explain myself but I'll say that I like meetings because it is a lot easier to get people to commit to action face to face than it is on a messageboard where we don't even all know each other by name. One of the most successful ventures on this board was the "Bike to the Bank" ride which achieved clear leadership and understanding of the necessary roles through a series of meetings.
Anyway, it's of no real consequence. If enough people attend a meeting then things may quickly start to happen and a direction for GTST to follow can be agreed. If it is decided not to have a meeting then so be it....

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 179
barralad
September 26, 2011, 9:51pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1600

Wrawbs quick question - what is this "same thing" because I'm honestly buggered if I know !

To help GTFC ? To help the supporters ? To "show willing" ? To form a social club ?

How difficult is it for people to put their thinking caps on and to propose some kind of pre-meeting agenda ?
Everyone else does it !

My guess is it'll be a case of he who shouts loudest or sits in the biggest chair will win the day behind closed doors.

Where has anybody said that any meeting wouldn't be accompanied by an agenda?

Your last sentence confirms my view of you as expressed in my previous post. At a meeting it wouldn't necessarily be you that shouted the loudest-and that would NEVER do would it.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
September 26, 2011, 10:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600

Everyone else does it !

Simple, How easier would it be to speak to someone in person than on the internet. How could a chair person preside of thing on a forum? I have a wide range of ideas on how a supporters trust can benefit fans and the community but will all be revealed at such meeting.

And the point of The Supporters Trust is like every other supporters trust but with one difference . .its ours.  Helping the club is our primary objective and if you want to go all Dragon's Den and say "I'm Out" every time someone makes a point then your being a sad fornicator IMO
Logged Offline
Reply: 26 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 10:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
I have no real intention of getting involved in a slanging match with the likes of you.
You know nothing about me. I haven't up to now put the case for a meeting. I merely commented, in answer to another poster, that if a meeting was wanted then Saturday would be a good day to have it.....I suggest you keep your conspiracy theories for the non-football part of this messageboard.

I know you are monkfishtails off the OS(yes I'm not completely thick) and pardon me but it was YOU who suggested I meet you before !
The sheer co-incidence you've latched onto my comment and suggested another meeting on the same day, makes me further reluctant to meet up with someone in the potential weirdo/stalker category.
So pardon me for swerving this one. (not that I wanted to meet up with a complete stranger before either !)

Quoted from barralad
My guess is that it has got everything to do with you not having a measure of control in a face to face meeting where lots of people might have differing views. Posting on a message board allows you to deal (copiously) with people on an individual basis.

What's wrong with EVERYONE having a degree of equal control under an agreed democratic process ?
Or are we meant just to follow you and GTST in everything they decide ?
The fact you've completely ignored the issue I raised about discussing it online speaks volumes.

Quoted from barralad
I don't really need to explain myself but I'll say that I like meetings because it is a lot easier to get people to commit to action face to face than it is on a messageboard where we don't even all know each other by name. One of the most successful ventures on this board was the "Bike to the Bank" ride which achieved clear leadership and understanding of the necessary roles through a series of meetings.

What a revealing comment - i.e. it's up to YOU to be in charge and get OTHERS to commit to what YOU want.
As I suspected, you see yourself as the one doing all the bossing around.
"Achieved clear leadership" - I bet it did !

Quoted from barralad
If enough people attend a meeting

Oh you just love phrases like that don't you ?
It's right up there with tarka's repeated claims of "It's all up to the supporters now"
So it's, well we're willing (but not on the messageboards) but if it doesn't take off it'll be the supporters fault.

By the way, what happens if I disagree with your opinion:
"I'll say that I like meetings because it is a lot easier to get people to commit to action face to face than it is on a messageboard where we don't even all know each other by name."

Are you saying because it's you doing the speaking then that's the final say on the matter and it's decided ?
If so, how very dictatorial of you !  
I can see my suspicions weren't without some substance...

How easier would it be to speak to someone in person than on the internet.

Just as easy ?
I would have thought doing it on-line would have made it more accountable and transparent.
How could a chair person preside of thing on a forum?

There are ways and means but why do we even need a chairperson if it's truly democratic ?
As I said, the power brokers will most likely be pre-ordained.

And the point of The Supporters Trust is like every other supporters trust but with one difference . .its ours.

Is it ?
Have you actually read the GTST objectives Emma listed in the other thread ?

Doesn't sound much like supporters interests are being represented at all - they've done nothing about supporter representation on the board and when they do pay lip service to it, they seemingly have done nothing about it.
It reads more like a JF & govt agenda not a supporters one.

Helping the club is our primary objective and if you want to go all Dragon's Den and say "I'm Out" every time someone makes a point then your being a sad fornicator IMO

So it's to "help the club" and not to represent the supporters is it ?
Thanks for putting that one to bed.
Why do I need to attend a meeting to help the club when I can spend all my money to help it in the club shop ?

This is what I'm talking about Wrawbs - I don't mean to be a stick in the mud and I know you're a good lad, but from my view there's no point in wasting time re-inventing the wheel to "show willing" for the sake of it.
That's why I said I'd wait to see what GTST came up first.
Bottom line is if they can be bothered to discuss all the issues openly on here then I don't see why I should have to behind closed doors.
Reply: 27 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
September 26, 2011, 10:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Representing the supporters is helping the club Mr 80's Glory
Logged Offline
Reply: 28 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 10:51pm
Guest User
I know, so why won't they talk about it on here ?

Because it'll most likely be the same set of assumed objectives and then away we all go following their lead.

GTST isn't "the supporters" anyway, it's a private paying members club with links to the club.
And unless you pay for the privilege, then you won't get any say.
Reply: 29 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
September 26, 2011, 10:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600
I know, so why won't they talk about it on here ?

Because it'll most likely be the same set of assumed objectives and then away we all go following their lead.

GTST isn't "the supporters" anyway, it's a private paying members club with links to the club.
And unless you pay for the privilege, then you won't get any say.

Not at all, in regards to membership the money you pay goes into an account that helps the club out with things.

The whole point of a meeting, in person is to discuss new objectives. how can people be in an organisation like this from behind a computer screen? it makes it more difficult to get order to proceedings.

I'm not going to write you an essay because I really couldn't care less if you can no longer be arsed. Its just one less cynical illegitimate to deal with
Logged Offline
Reply: 30 - 179
Chris
September 26, 2011, 11:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -3
I'm thoroughly sick to my back teeth at 80's Glory hijacking this pissing thread. Glory, either commit to the meeting of do one. I usually value your opinion but there can no doubt that your behaviour on this topic has been pathetic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 11:23pm
Guest User
Not at all, in regards to membership the money you pay goes into an account that helps the club out with things.

I know but what I'm saying is, it's possible we can set up our own supporters club on here.
The only difference is, they've got a legal framework(tbh not exactly sure what that means) and they've got links to the club, but there's no reason why everyone on the fishy couldn't set up their own democratic supporters movement for free on here.
It's got the potential to be a LOT bigger than a few people who can afford the fee and can "make it".

The whole point of a meeting, in person is to discuss new objectives.

Yeah but I'm talking about the GTST objectives Emma provided.
I presume any new objectives will be based on those primary objectives she listed in the other thread.
Are GTST willing to e.g. put all their primary objectives up for review or to a vote ?
Only they can answer or comment on that becuase I don't know what their procedure is and besides which, I'm not currently a member to vote on it anyway.

how can people be in an organisation like this from behind a computer screen?

Who's needs to be part of an organisation ?
I thought we were meant to be discussing issues ?

it makes it more difficult to get order to proceedings.

See what you're saying but I just don't buy it - it's a cop out.
Open your eyes, they're not willing to discuss a single thing on here out in the open.

I'm not going to write you an essay because I really couldn't care less if you can no longer be arsed. Its just one less cynical illegitimate to deal with

Sorry you feel like that.
But if I'm cynical then so are you and them because you're the ones who say "it can't be done" so every supporter can be given a voice on here.
Anyway good luck and I just hope you do something good for the supporters - remember it's ultimately OUR club that's in the sh1t !  
Reply: 32 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 11:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from Chris
I'm thoroughly sick to my back teeth at 80's Glory hijacking this pissing thread. Glory, either commit to the meeting of do one. I usually value your opinion but there can no doubt that your behaviour on this topic has been pathetic.

So it's "hijacking" now is it ? So much for free speech eh ?
I've already made my position clear - unless they're prepared to talk about it openly then I won't be attending behind closed doors.
So why don't you "do one" instead and just lick Fenty's rear end like you normally do ?
You lot are a complete sell out - I doubt you give a sh1t about the supporters at all.
Fenty out !
Reply: 33 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
September 26, 2011, 11:39pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600

I know but what I'm saying is, it's possible we can set up our own supporters club on here.
The only difference is, they've got a legal framework(tbh not exactly sure what that means) and they've got links to the club, but there's no reason why everyone on the fishy couldn't set up their own democratic supporters movement for free on here.
It's got the potential to be a LOT bigger than a few people who can afford the fee and can "make it".

Yeah but I'm talking about the GTST objectives Emma provided.
I presume any new objectives will be based on those primary objectives she listed in the other thread.
Are GTST willing to e.g. put all their primary objectives up for review or to a vote ?
Only they can answer or comment on that becuase I don't know what their procedure is and besides which, I'm not currently a member to vote on it anyway.

Who's needs to be part of an organisation ?
I thought we were meant to be discussing issues ?

See what you're saying but I just don't buy it - it's a cop out.
Open your eyes, they're not willing to discuss a single thing on here out in the open.

Sorry you feel like that.
But if I'm cynical then so are you and them because you're the ones who say "it can't be done" so every supporter can be given a voice on here.
Anyway good luck and I just hope you do something good for the supporters - remember it's ultimately OUR club that's in the sh1t !  

The objectives Emma mentioned were from when it originally started and therefore mostly out dated, which is the point of a meeting, to discuss new ways forward.

And for your information Im not an 'it can't be done type of person'. Ive achieved far more than expected of me and to be honest im buzzing about it, and need to channel my enthusiasm into a worthwhile cause and I strongly feel I can make a difference here
Logged Offline
Reply: 34 - 179
Chris
September 26, 2011, 11:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600

So it's "hijacking" now is it ? So much for free speech eh ?
I've already made my position clear - unless they're prepared to talk about it openly then I won't be attending behind closed doors.
So why don't you "do one" instead and just lick Fenty's rear end like you normally do ?
You lot are a complete sell out - I doubt you give a sh1t about the supporters at all.
Fenty out !

Don't go then. This thread has exposed you IMO, as someone with a highly inflated opinion of himself. I'm not quite sure who you think you are but I think you've done well at alienating a fair few people (myself included) for no apparent reason. We're not all sat here wishing you to come and rescue the club with ideas only you are capable of having.

I wont engage further because Ive got better ways of wasting my time, like cleaning out my rabbits run, or bleaching the toilets and so on......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 11:56pm
Guest User
The objectives Emma mentioned were from when it originally started and therefore mostly out dated, which is the point of a meeting, to discuss new ways forward.

Well I hope they get reviewed.

And for your information Im not an 'it can't be done type of person'. Ive achieved far more than expected of me and to be honest im buzzing about it, and need to channel my enthusiasm into a worthwhile cause and I strongly feel I can make a difference here

I didn't think you were.
Just saying I'm not the only one raising doubts about what can be achieved.
Anyway good luck.
Reply: 36 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
September 27, 2011, 12:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600

Well I hope they get reviewed.

I didn't think you were.
Just saying I'm not the only one raising doubts about what can be achieved.
Anyway good luck.

Yes the point of a meet up IS reviewing them. . . well done its taken you how many posts has it taken you to get to this?

and keep your pessimistic thoughts in your own head instead of repeating yourself
Logged Offline
Reply: 37 - 179
80sglory
September 27, 2011, 12:25am
Guest User
Quoted from Chris
Don't go then.

You sound like a kid who's just banned me from his birthday party.
Quoted from Chris
I think you've done well at alienating a fair few people

So they've got what they wanted and everyones happy.  

How many other people are they alienating is the bigger question.
Quoted from Chris
We're not all sat here wishing you to come and rescue the club with ideas only you are capable of having.

What ARE you sat thinking about then cos I've seen jack squat in terms of contribution to any discussion.
Ooops, can't discuss any of it on here unless you go to the meeting !

As I said right at the very start, where the leadership ?
The supporters haven't seen any of it and my guess is, they most likely never will.
All they've heard is "It's down to the supporters" and then when you criticize or object because it's not all on their terms, they get overly-defensive and say "Don't bother !"

I just hope there are a few who can see GTST have exposed themselves as unambitious by not engaing more on this one.

Hope I'm ultimately proved wrong...
Reply: 38 - 179
80sglory
September 27, 2011, 12:50am
Guest User
Yes the point of a meet up IS reviewing them. . . well done its taken you how many posts has it taken you to get to this?

Emma said:

"These objectives were, I feel, right for 2002, but may not be so right for 2011.  There is room in the constitution to make amend to these, however as with all democratic organisations changes have to be proposed, voted upon and agreed."

You can't vote until you're a member ?

As I said to Emma before, I can't have any real say on it's objectives(which I don't know what they will be) until I pay £15.
So GTST are asking me to pay £15 up front in the hope that I'll be agreeable later ?!

Pardon me for being "negative" by thinking there's got to be a better way forward.

Until I see GTST provide a proposal that persuades me to join then sorry mate, I'm not wasting my time watching a private members club at work, I'm saving my money for the club.
Reply: 39 - 179
tarka
September 27, 2011, 5:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600

You can't vote until you're a member ?

Of course you can't vote until you're a member! Jesus wept!!!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 40 - 179
Grim_Exile
September 27, 2011, 6:51am
Beer Drinker
Morning All:

I've edited the original list in the first post.

Firstly, for the avoidance of doubt I would prefer a f2f meeting as I personally believe that a lot can be achieved in an hour or two of sensible adult discussion, without hiding behind pseudonyms.  For various reasons, we can't all be on our PCs 24/7, meaning that points could potentially take days to be debated if we relied on an online forum.  Not that there isn't a role that technology can't play in the future - I just think that for now whilst we are all getting to know each other, doing that in a room would be more productive.  I will also add that all meetings will be fully minuted, and those minutes published via the GTST website (and anywhere else appropriate).

Secondly, it seems that there is a split between those wanting to meet on a Saturday and those preferring midweek.  I myself would prefer a Saturday as a) I don't live in the local area and also often work down South during the week and b) I know I am going to be in Gy for the match - however I am willing to make it over to a midweek meeting if my calendar permits.

Again, in the interests of moving forwards I would like to make a suggestion.  And that is 2 meetings initially:
Meeting 1 - this Saturday
Meeting 2 - some time next week (pref Mon / Tues)

Both meetings will have a clear agenda, to be agreed by the attendees in advance.  The minutes of meeting 1 will be distributed to those proposing to attend meeting 2 in advance, with full minutes being published after meeting 2.  

It's not ideal, but it's the best way I can think of accomodating everyones preferences at the moment.

Thoughts?

Emma

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 179
Grim_Exile
September 27, 2011, 7:20am
Beer Drinker
P.S.  Almost forgot my manners, but just to add - to all of you who have put your hands up and offered to get involved - THANKYOU  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 179
Biccys
September 27, 2011, 9:10am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Wow. This thread is almost as good as the Kaz one......!

Interesting that you think a meeting can run WITHOUT a chairperson 80's, but then ask "Where's the leadership?"

IMHO, NO meeting will achieve anything without some kind of chairperson taking control, also controlling the personalities round the table is very important to stop people shouting others down and taking over the discussion.

Good luck with it Emma, you've got your work cut out....!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 179
forza ivano
September 27, 2011, 9:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,286
Gold Stars: 266
well done to 80s glory for hijacking a potentially positive/hoepful thread and turning it into about of pathetic name calling .
as mr scott said 'if you don't feckin like it don't come'
you're not going to turn up at the meeting, so unless you've got something positive to say, then don't say owt -PLEASE!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 179
jonnyboy82
September 27, 2011, 9:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
no offence to anyone but reading this whole mammary for tat thread has put me straight off.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 179
Grim_Exile
September 27, 2011, 9:38am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Biccys
Wow. This thread is almost as good as the Kaz one......!

Interesting that you think a meeting can run WITHOUT a chairperson 80's, but then ask "Where's the leadership?"

IMHO, NO meeting will achieve anything without some kind of chairperson taking control, also controlling the personalities round the table is very important to stop people shouting others down and taking over the discussion.

Thanks Biccys - however, I would prefer to use the word 'facilitate' rather than 'control'.  Whilst I am happy to do that initially (bit of a busmans holiday for me), I am more than happy to hand the reins over to any other willing party.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 179
barralad
September 27, 2011, 9:43am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Grim_Exile
Morning All:

I've edited the original list in the first post.

Firstly, for the avoidance of doubt I would prefer a f2f meeting as I personally believe that a lot can be achieved in an hour or two of sensible adult discussion, without hiding behind pseudonyms.  For various reasons, we can't all be on our PCs 24/7, meaning that points could potentially take days to be debated if we relied on an online forum.  Not that there isn't a role that technology can't play in the future - I just think that for now whilst we are all getting to know each other, doing that in a room would be more productive.  I will also add that all meetings will be fully minuted, and those minutes published via the GTST website (and anywhere else appropriate).

Secondly, it seems that there is a split between those wanting to meet on a Saturday and those preferring midweek.  I myself would prefer a Saturday as a) I don't live in the local area and also often work down South during the week and b) I know I am going to be in Gy for the match - however I am willing to make it over to a midweek meeting if my calendar permits.

Again, in the interests of moving forwards I would like to make a suggestion.  And that is 2 meetings initially:
Meeting 1 - this Saturday
Meeting 2 - some time next week (pref Mon / Tues)

Both meetings will have a clear agenda, to be agreed by the attendees in advance.  The minutes of meeting 1 will be distributed to those proposing to attend meeting 2 in advance, with full minutes being published after meeting 2.  

It's not ideal, but it's the best way I can think of accomodating everyones preferences at the moment.

Thoughts?

Emma

I think that may help although I do wonder how many people understand how much of a gesture you are making by agreeing to travel for a second meeting. It might be a good idea to gauge the intentions of those who are already in the frame (and any more who might wish to join in) as to whether a meeting prior to the game on Saturday would meet the needs of the majority. The last thing I'd like to see is you travel over here having booked a meeting room etc. for you to be stood on your own.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 179
Grim_Exile
September 27, 2011, 9:47am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I think that may help although I do wonder how many people understand how much of a gesture you are making by agreeing to travel for a second meeting. It might be a good idea to gauge the intentions of those who are already in the frame (and any more who might wish to join in) as to whether a meeting prior to the game on Saturday would meet the needs of the majority. The last thing I'd like to see is you travel over here having booked a meeting room etc. for you to be stood on your own.

Thanks - it was just a suggestion to get the ball rolling.  Happy to go with what works for the majority.  Indications of availability this coming Saturday would be a useful start, as you say.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 179
Chris
September 27, 2011, 10:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Saturday DEFINITELY best for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 179
Theimperialcoroner
September 27, 2011, 10:26am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Emma, you have a pm.

The Trust project needs the support of a wide range of skills/personalities to succeed, can people please put personal agendas to one side for a bit to try and achieve a positive outcome. Shall we at least try?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 179
Chris
September 27, 2011, 10:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Emma, you have a pm.

The Trust project needs the support of a wide range of skills/personalities to succeed, can people please put personal agendas to one side for a bit to try and achieve a positive outcome. Shall we at least try?

Well said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 179
barralad
September 27, 2011, 10:42am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Emma, you have a pm.

Indeed!

Saturday for me as well.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 179
roundballovalhole
September 27, 2011, 11:42am
Guest User
Having read the some of the seemingly endless bullsh1t emminating from 80's Glory's keyboard and now this thread, what seems obvious to me is. . . .

He believes his views to be more valid than those of others
He doesn't want any leadership on moving the trust forward, the only one for leader is himself

Only the other day he was trying to establish a new form of democracy on here (Invented by himself).  He was also of the belief that he would be instrumental in deciding who the next chairman was going to be (with absolutely zero financial clout whatsoever) by buying co-ordinating people who had shares WTF.

Whenever anyone tries to move something in a direction other than his he spits his dummy out, says he is unavailable on Saturdays/busy in the week/working away/on holiday/any other made up excuse.

Basically 80's you are all f4rt and no follow through!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live away, don't really fancy getting involved in GTST but appreciate that others do.  What I find difficult to stomach is the ridiculous narcissistic fantasy-driven ego of 80's glory. . . . Good luck with the supporters trust. . . . I would exclude 80's as I don'yt think he will contribute anything other than guff and non-attendance
Reply: 53 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
September 27, 2011, 1:17pm
Season Ticket Holder
Count me in, where ever and when ever
Logged Offline
Reply: 54 - 179
MeanwoodMariner
September 27, 2011, 1:27pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
80sglory's contribution to this thread is truly bizarre.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 179
Super Clive
September 27, 2011, 4:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
80sglory's contribution to this thread is truly bizarre.

I find myself agreeing with most he has said... two great minds think the same and all that.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 179
80sglory
September 27, 2011, 4:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from tarka
Of course you can't vote until you're a member! Jesus wept!!!

I KNOW you can't vote until you're a member dibstick - I was telling Wrawbs !
That was my WHOLE POINT  !!!  
Are you completely thick because nothing anyone ever tells you seems to make any sense.
DOUBLE Jesus wept !

Quoted from 1054
He believes his views to be more valid than those of others

What views of others ?!!

Quoted from Biccys

If no-one did anything nothing would happen but there's a difference between everyone showing leadership and a "my word is final" dictatorship.

Quoted from Biccys

You mean the self appointed chairperson will decide who can speak and who can't - sound truly democratic !
But of course you don't get a room full of noise and disorder on-line.

Quoted from Biccys

Wel at least I won't be attending - some other unlucky sod can get labelled the troublemaker.

Quoted from Grim_Exile

Shame you didn't mention all this before.
Will other supporters you're meant to be representing be informed of these behind closed doors activities or do they not get told even if it's impossible for them to attend because they "can't be bothered" ?
Reply: 57 - 179
barralad
September 27, 2011, 5:27pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1600

Are you completely thick because nothing anyone ever tells you seems to make any sense.
DOUBLE Jesus wept !

What views of others ?!!

If no-one did anything nothing would happen but there's a difference between everyone showing leadership and a "my word is final" dictatorship.

You mean the self appointed chairperson will decide who can speak and who can't - sound truly democratic !
But of course you don't get a room full of noise and disorder on-line.

Wel at least I won't be attending - some other unlucky sod can get labelled the troublemaker.

Shame you didn't mention all this before.
Will other supporters you're meant to be representing be informed of these behind closed doors activities or do they not get told even if it's impossible for them to attend because they "can't be bothered" ?

It's a shame you really haven't got a grasp of this have you? The initial interest was around the next steps for the Trust. An organisation already in existence. In fact the title of this thread actually mentions the Trust. Nobody has ever said that the Trust represents everyone. It represents it's members. If you wish to set up an on-line supporters forum then I wish you all the best. What you would like will probably strike a cord with quite a few like minded fans.

There is no self appointed chairman. The chairperson was elected in accordance with the rules governing Trusts.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 179
tarka
September 27, 2011, 5:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600

DOUBLE Jesus wept !

There you go again 80's. You did it on a previous thread when you referred to me as a "nincompoop" - now it's "dibstick" (I guess your spellchecker didn't have that in it's dictionary).  Please don't do it again.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 59 - 179
80sglory
September 27, 2011, 6:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
It represents it's members.

Yes indeed.
Well it's "Grimsby Town Supporters Trust" so you gain the impression it's about supporters having a say.
Which of course they do but it's a subset of supporters/members doing all the organising.
But until you look into it you don't realise...

Quoted from barralad
There is no self appointed chairman. The chairperson was elected in accordance with the rules governing Trusts.

So it's an official GTST meeting as opposed to an informal meetup ?

Quoted from tarka
I guess your spellchecker didn't have that in it's dictionary

I don't need a spellchecker.
Reply: 60 - 179
barralad
September 27, 2011, 6:15pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1600

So it's an official GTST meeting as opposed to an informal meetup ?

I don't need a spellchecker.

As you well know it's an informal meeting of people who've expressed a view in taking the Trust forward in view of our current situation...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 179
80sglory
September 27, 2011, 6:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
As you well know it's an informal meeting of people who've expressed a view in taking the Trust forward in view of our current situation...

That's what I thought until you said:
Quoted from barralad

If it's an informal meeting then Emma IS the self-appointed chair then isn't she ?
I'm sorry if you don't like me pointing out the inconvenient facts and I'm sure most people would have agreed with her being chiar in any case, but the facts speak for themselves.

Good luck.

Reply: 62 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
September 27, 2011, 7:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600

If it's an informal meeting then Emma IS the self-appointed chair then isn't she ?
I'm sorry if you don't like me pointing out the inconvenient facts and I'm sure most people would have agreed with her being chiar in any case, but the facts speak for themselves.

Good luck.

intercourse off then
Logged Offline
Reply: 63 - 179
Biccys
September 27, 2011, 7:18pm
If you don't agree with another posters views, please counter with an argument, not just personal abuse, however tempting that may be.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 64 - 179
80sglory
September 27, 2011, 7:21pm
Guest User
No skin off my nose Biccy's but I'm hardly faultless myself in that regard so point taken.
Reply: 65 - 179
barralad
September 27, 2011, 7:40pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1600

Good luck.

This is becoming like pulling teeth....

Informal in the fact that the intention of the meeting is to see whether any new blood wishes to move the Trust forward out of its recent period of stagnation. The basis of the meeting being that people may have views that are very different to those that were prevalent when the Trust was set up. As Emma is the Trust Chairperson being duly elected to the post under the rules then it is natural that she holds the position of chair of a TRUST meeting.
I'm truly sorry you appear to be having such difficulty grasping this somewhat basic fact.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 179
Chris
September 27, 2011, 8:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
I've come to the conclusion that he's just a wind up merchant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 179
ginnywings
September 27, 2011, 8:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Chris

Me too.No one can be that moronic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 179
Drinkells Boot
September 27, 2011, 11:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Obviously a lot of people on here have shown a dislike to GTST in the past. There have been rumours of infighting and a lot of fair and unfair criticism of the Club from some of the GTST board members. If the GTST are going to move forward can I suggest a complete overall of the board members and a new democratically elected chairman. Dave Otter would be my candidate.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 179
80sglory
September 28, 2011, 12:38am
Guest User
Quoted from barralad

This is becoming like pulling teeth....

Informal in the fact that the intention of the meeting is to see whether any new blood wishes to move the Trust forward out of its recent period of stagnation. The basis of the meeting being that people may have views that are very different to those that were prevalent when the Trust was set up. As Emma is the Trust Chairperson being duly elected to the post under the rules then it is natural that she holds the position of chair of a TRUST meeting.
I'm truly sorry you appear to be having such difficulty grasping this somewhat basic fact.

Any difficulty I've had is because of YOU who can't answer with a simple YES when I ask:
"So it's an official GTST meeting.........?"

Of course you can have an "informal meeting" under GTST rules !  
But with regards to meetings, informal generally means "not formal" - i.e. not formal proceedings i.e. not under official GTST rules !!!

What YOU'VE adpoted it to mean is "have a chat and a bit of a laff " !   

With all due respect I don't give a flying toss - I wanted to know what actual RULES the meeting was operating under.

So don't be so pompous in your wrongful assumptions - YOU'RE the one who can't wrap your brain round the bleedin' obvious !  

Or if you seriously think I was implying people couldn't have a laugh or a joke then try not assuming everyone is as big a killjoy as yourself.

My guess is you're just trying to twist things to be as difficult as humanly possible.

Quoted from Chris

I've come to the conclusion you've got your tongue firmly down Fenty's trousers.

Quoted from ginnywings
Me too.No one can be that moronic.

Says you who threw the most ridiculous hissy fit when I gave you negative feedback for your football comments.  
Reply: 70 - 179
Will Haddock
September 28, 2011, 1:17am

Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -32
My goodness. 80's, if you're determined not to attend then why bang on about it. If you want to know more about the Trust, the issues to be discussed, and the democratic workings, then go  along and ask questions in a civilised manner. I think it's unreasonable to expect anyone to have all the answers at this stage when the Trust has been dormant for so long. No one says you have to be a member to go to the meeting.

<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 179
80sglory
September 28, 2011, 3:48am
Guest User
Will,

I hear what you're saying and see your view but I'll tell you exactly why.

There are wider issues at stake than little old ME.

What if I there are hundreds or even thousands of other GTFC supporters who might be willing to participate, donate, vote or become a member to a cause in the future, but aren't willing or able to do what GTST are currently asking or might ask them to do ?

Let's face facts, I might be viewed as a "pain up the @rse" but it's not just ME that hasn't been persuaded to participate is it ?

The issue is about whether GTST/those willing can persuade their target customers i.e. the dormant supporters to make it a success.
Like it or not, as a potential customer I'm not convinced and I won't buy a ticket to the grand-ball until I'm persuaded.

This whole attitude of "It's down to the supporters to show willing" is missing the whole point.

You wouldn't hear a business say :

"We've done our bit, now it's down to the customers to make the business work" would you ?

or

"If you don't like it, you can **** off !"

Errr.....    

I hope you see my point.

Quoted from Will Haddock
If you want to know more about the Trust, the issues to be discussed, and the democratic workings, then go  along and ask questions in a civilised manner. I think it's unreasonable to expect anyone to have all the answers at this stage when the Trust has been dormant for so long. No one says you have to be a member to go to the meeting.

2 words - CUSTOMER SERVICE. (not blaming you just an example !)

Anyway don't worry about me or several others - we won't be attending or banging on about it.

A shame or not ?

Take if from someone who has tried and failed (so far) to persuade supporters to save their money, that's it not a case of blaming people, it's whether you can sell and market the idea to them.

The cold hard facts are that the customer doesn't need to do or prove a god damn thing...
Reply: 72 - 179
tarka
September 28, 2011, 8:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Drinkells Boot
Obviously a lot of people on here have shown a dislike to GTST in the past. There have been rumours of infighting and a lot of fair and unfair criticism of the Club from some of the GTST board members. If the GTST are going to move forward can I suggest a complete overall of the board members and a new democratically elected chairman. Dave Otter would be my candidate.  

If there has been infighting I certainly haven't witnessed it....and as far as criticism of the Club is concerned I am not aware of any!  There certainly needs to be a number of new faces on the Board and thanks for the vote of confidence but I would suggest we have a perfectly good Chair as it is!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 73 - 179
Drinkells Boot
September 28, 2011, 10:22am
Lager Top Drinker
But not everyone likes the current GTST chair. You would be the most popular choice Tarka. If the trust are to be taken seriously there needs to be a total regime change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 179
tarka
September 28, 2011, 10:24am
Table Wine Drinker
lol...there's a couple on here who don't like me much either!!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 75 - 179
mariner 65
September 28, 2011, 10:38am

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
I move to grimbsy on friday so count me in

we are town we do what we want
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 179
Will Haddock
September 28, 2011, 2:25pm

Beer Drinker
80's. I take your reasoning, and understand your frustrations - but as Emma has pointed out, it's not easy to coherently discuss everything on here as people aren't online 24/7, and not everyone that might want to attend will be a regular on any of the message boards.

I think arranging a get together and pinning a date and time to it allows people to come together, which is the first hurdle. Then all voices can be heard, and questions asked, to determine what purpose the Trust should have.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and following this meeting hopefully there will be a clearer picture, then the "undecided's" can review their stance and decide whether to support the Trust (not necessarily by buying a membership) or not.

Everyone has lots of questions, and until a consensus of opinion is formed, no-one has any answers. To use your analogy of Customer Service, the Trust hasn't decided whether it's a market stall, a corner shop, or a wannabe supermarket, let alone what it's going to sell, so please, bide your time, and comment constructively on any proposals that come to light in the next week or so.

Up the Mariners!

<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 179
marinerian
September 28, 2011, 2:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
I would like to help and have sent you a pm Emma.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 179
80sglory
September 28, 2011, 3:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from Will Haddock
Rome wasn't built in a day, and following this meeting hopefully there will be a clearer picture, then the "undecided's" can review their stance and decide whether to support the Trust (not necessarily by buying a membership) or not.

Everyone has lots of questions, and until a consensus of opinion is formed, no-one has any answers. To use your analogy of Customer Service, the Trust hasn't decided whether it's a market stall, a corner shop, or a wannabe supermarket, let alone what it's going to sell, so please, bide your time, and comment constructively on any proposals that come to light in the next week or so.

Up the Mariners!

Good points, I agree.
Nice to have a fair and mature debate with someone that's open-minded.
Best of luck.
Reply: 79 - 179
craigy
September 28, 2011, 3:37pm
Upper Findus
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +92
what time would the meeting be on saturday as i will be making my way home from skeggy early morning?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 179
Grim_Exile
September 28, 2011, 3:50pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from craigy
what time would the meeting be on saturday as i will be making my way home from skeggy early morning?

Hi craigy - did you get the PM that I sent you?

Emma

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 179
1mickylyons
September 28, 2011, 5:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from tarka

If there has been infighting I certainly haven't witnessed it....and as far as criticism of the Club is concerned I am not aware of any!  There certainly needs to be a number of new faces on the Board and thanks for the vote of confidence but I would suggest we have a perfectly good Chair as it is!

Well in view of  the position of the club on and off the field maybe an awful lot of fans myself included wished the Trust had spoken out about certain things that have gone on Dave?One specific thing for me was the Radio Humberside debacle the fans got a raw deal and definately should have had proper answers from JF and others regarding the poor alternative that was Compass Fm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 179
1mickylyons
September 28, 2011, 5:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
But not everyone likes the current GTST chair. You would be the most popular choice Tarka. If the trust are to be taken seriously there needs to be a total regime change.

Why would he and says who?No offence to Dave or Emma but whilst they may well be the best available candidates how will we know til a meeting has taken place and those present decide what course of action they wish to take to move things forward?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 179
Grim_Exile
September 28, 2011, 5:59pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Why would he and says who?No offence to Dave or Emma but whilst they may well be the best available candidates how will we know til a meeting has taken place and those present decide what course of action they wish to take to move things forward?

Just for the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever, as soon as someone else indicates their willingness to take the Chair (and people are happy with that choice), I will happily vacate the seat.  I still feel passionate about the principle of supporter representation and will always provide the Trust with as much support as I am able, however I am not longer in a position to be the 'figurehead' (as it were).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 179
1mickylyons
September 28, 2011, 6:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Grim_Exile

Just for the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever, as soon as someone else indicates their willingness to take the Chair (and people are happy with that choice), I will happily vacate the seat.  I still feel passionate about the principle of supporter representation and will always provide the Trust with as much support as I am able, however I am not longer in a position to be the 'figurehead' (as it were).

I heard 80s has 54% of the GTST shares but doesnt want the job either Emma is that fact or fiction?Ps i in no way wished to undermine either yourself or Dave for work previous in my post Emma i was just trying to point out that an influx of new people might want a slightly different agenda in terms of fan representation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 179
tarka
September 28, 2011, 6:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Well I have to say that's a pity Emma because you've always shown leadership and enthusiasm both
before and after you took the Chair. I'm delighted that you will continue to help as best you can though.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 86 - 179
tarka
September 28, 2011, 6:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I heard 80s has 54% of the GTST shares but doesnt want the job either Emma is that fact or fiction?Ps i in no way wished to undermine either yourself or Dave for work previous in my post Emma i was just trying to point out that an influx of new people might want a slightly different agenda in terms of fan representation.

I think we would both agree with you on that one...but just as importantly a Trust doesn't just run itself. The Board need help!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 87 - 179
80sglory
September 28, 2011, 6:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I heard 80s has 54% of the GTST shares but doesnt want the job either Emma is that fact or fiction?

In all sincerity are you being serious ?
To be clear I've have absolutely no involvement with GTST or anything to do with anyone involved with GTST until I've recently spoke to them on this messageboard.

I'm simply a supporter who perhaps like you, thinks their interests could be better represented.

Who is telling you these bizarre things or is it tongue in cheek ?  
Reply: 88 - 179
tarka
September 28, 2011, 7:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600

In all sincerity are you being serious ?
To be clear I've have absolutely no involvement with GTST or anything to do with anyone involved with GTST until I've recently spoke to them on this messageboard.

I'm simply a supporter who perhaps like you, thinks their interests could be better represented.

Who is telling you these bizarre things or is it tongue in cheek ?  

lol...to use your own words....you dibstick!!!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 89 - 179
thebigeasy
September 28, 2011, 7:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Tarka

You have a pm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 179
Drinkells Boot
September 28, 2011, 8:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Well done Emma. Whos going to be the chairman then?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 179
80sglory
September 28, 2011, 8:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from tarka
lol...to use your own words....you dibstick!!!

I don't understand the context of micky's joke/quote.
Pardon me for seeking clarification on my name randomly cropping up in your private chat.
I won't expect any answers - I know you're good at dodging the questions - especially when it comes to things like the sale of Blundell Park.

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1316901906/s-19/#num19  

If JF brings the clubs to it's knees, some won't forget there were those that were publicy shoulder to shoulder with him.  
Reply: 92 - 179
ginnywings
September 28, 2011, 8:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 179
tarka
September 29, 2011, 4:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600

I don't understand the context of micky's joke/quote.
Pardon me for seeking clarification on my name randomly cropping up in your private chat.
I won't expect any answers - I know you're good at dodging the questions - especially when it comes to things like the sale of Blundell Park.

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1316901906/s-19/#num19  

If JF brings the clubs to it's knees, some won't forget there were those that were publicy shoulder to shoulder with him.  

OK...I'll try and explain this for you simply. 1 Mickylyons suggested you had a 54% share in the Trust and didn't want the job of Chairman...you responded as though you might think he was remotely serious.  By the way, it is impossible to have a 54% share in the Trust!

As far as your qoute is concerned I really don't understand your agenda here.....I really don't know what your going on about! Sell Blundell Park? Why would JF want to sell Blundell Park?!!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 94 - 179
Grim_Exile
September 29, 2011, 7:45am
Beer Drinker
Well done Emma. Whos going to be the chairman then?  

I can't figure out whether that is a 'good' well done or a 'bad' well done (it's still quite early), but in answer to your question it will be whoever submits a nomination for the role and is voted in.  Simples  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 179
Super Clive
September 29, 2011, 9:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Can Fenty become chair of the trust? just asking.
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 179
dapperz fun pub
September 29, 2011, 9:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,065
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Super Clive

dont you think hes done enough damage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 179
tarka
September 29, 2011, 10:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Super Clive

lol...well he's a member so technically he could, I guess but I think it's hardly likely!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 98 - 179
80sglory
September 29, 2011, 3:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from tarka
As far as your qoute is concerned I really don't understand your agenda here.....I really don't know what your going on about! Sell Blundell Park? Why would JF want to sell Blundell Park?!!

I'm simply seeking clarification about your comment on the other thread:

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1316901906/s-0/#num12

What do you mean "I really can't see any alternative" ?
You can't see any alternative to selling the ground ?
Reply: 99 - 179
tarka
September 29, 2011, 3:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600

I'm simply seeking clarification about your comment on the other thread:

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1316901906/s-0/#num12

What do you mean "I really can't see any alternative" ?
You can't see any alternative to selling the ground ?

Well what I said is quoted below:

"Well if we had saleable assets we wouldn't be entering a CVA if that's what it came to.  If both JF and MP continue with their current stance I really can't see any alternative to be honest."

I think it's fairly clear from that quote that what I'm saying is I can't see any alternative to a CVA!!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 100 - 179
80sglory
September 29, 2011, 4:32pm
Guest User
Thanks for clearing it up, but I wouldn't say it's exactly crystal clear.

Anyway, haven't we got some saleable assets ?
What happens if the CVA doesn't get accepted by the creditors ?
Even if it does, how can we ever hope to ever repay it if we're losing money hand over fist ?

Maybe you can allay my concerns but I'm worried the ground could be in long term danger whatever we do.
Reply: 101 - 179
tarka
September 29, 2011, 4:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
[quote=1600]Thanks for clearing it up, but I wouldn't say it's exactly crystal clear.

Even if it does, how can we ever hope to ever repay it if we're losing money hand over fist ?

Maybe you can allay my concerns but I'm worried the ground could be in long term danger whatever we do.[/quote

I don't understand you. If a CVA was accepted the debts would be repaid at x amount in the pound and at the end the debts would be wiped out. Why would the ground be sold?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 102 - 179
tarka
September 29, 2011, 4:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600
Thanks for clearing it up, but I wouldn't say it's exactly crystal clear.

Maybe you can allay my concerns but I'm worried the ground could be in long term danger whatever we do.

And what are the saleable assets?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 103 - 179
80sglory
September 29, 2011, 5:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from tarka
I don't understand you. If a CVA was accepted the debts would be repaid at x amount in the pound and at the end the debts would be wiped out.

Sure.
But I'm not convinced they would agree to x amount in the pound with the biggest asset of all left untouched.
Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not convinced.

Quoted from tarka
And what are the saleable assets?

Liam Hearn ? facilities ?
Not saying they would pay off the debt but they might be options(albieit very unwanted ones) to buy time before any pending takeover/resolution.
Reply: 104 - 179
tarka
September 29, 2011, 5:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600

Sure.
But I'm not convinced they would agree to x amount in the pound with the biggest asset of all left untouched.
Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not convinced.

Liam Hearn ? facilities ?
Not saying they would pay off the debt but they might be options(albieit very unwanted ones) to buy time before any pending takeover/resolution.

The biggest asset is the ground....worth no more than a million tops.  John Fenty has a debenture on it and the last thing he will do is insist the ground be sold.

Liam Hearn isn't exactly worth a fortune with only one goal scored is he? And paying up his contract would probably eat up whatever we got for him and more!!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 105 - 179
1mickylyons
September 29, 2011, 5:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Are we having a meeting on Saturday then and if so what time and location please?Oh and 80`s i have no intention of playing along with your little games but well done so far on reeling in dozens of others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 179
tarka
September 29, 2011, 5:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Are we having a meeting on Saturday then and if so what time and location please?Oh and 80`s i have no intention of playing along with your little games but well done so far on reeling in dozens of others.

Yes, Emma is in the process of emailing everyone as below:

Hi All:

Further to the below, I can confirm that the meeting on Saturday will be held at Blundell Park.

When you get to BP, please go to reception and say that you are there to attend the Trust meeting.  Someone will then direct you to the room.

Please let me know if you have any questions before Saturday.

Regards

Emma
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 107 - 179
1mickylyons
September 29, 2011, 5:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Cheers Dave do we have a time yet please?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 179
tarka
September 29, 2011, 5:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Sorry...12.30 until 2pm
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 109 - 179
80sglory
September 29, 2011, 6:00pm
Guest User
Quoted from tarka
John Fenty has a debenture on it and the last thing he will do is insist the ground be sold.

That wasn't what it sounded like when I read the matchday programme shortly before he resigned !

Anyway I'm not worried - I trust Mr Fenty knows best.  
Reply: 110 - 179
tarka
September 29, 2011, 6:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600

That wasn't what it sounded like when I read the matchday programme shortly before he resigned !

Anyway I'm not worried - I trust Mr Fenty knows best.  

"I wish to make the point that I
have well over £3-million vested in the Club in
shareholding, loans, and guarantees.
Irrespective of who is in charge going forward,
these monies will not be used in any way to
jeopardise the Club. I guarantee for the last time,
that I will not demand them back on any
unreasonable basis, unless they are affordable.
Let’s be honest without some major football
fortune or a rich owner, it may never happen
and that does not bother me at all, I have all but
written them off in my mind anyway."

Now what part of that don't you understand?  You can disect it as much as you like but there is nothing in that statement to make you believe he will sell the ground from under our feet!!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 111 - 179
1mickylyons
September 29, 2011, 6:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from tarka

Now what part of that don't you understand?  You can disect it as much as you like but there is nothing in that statement to make you believe he will sell the ground from under our feet!!

He could always hand over his shares to the Trust in fact i might ask him about that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 179
cleethorpes_mariner
September 29, 2011, 6:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from 1mickylyons

He could always hand over his shares to the Trust in fact i might ask him about that?

How would this help the club going forward as the club needs investors who can take on the debt of the current ongoing day to day running costs. Giving his shares to the GTST would not help the club as they would want to have a say in everything but would not have the ability to inject any serious financial cash to pay for it.

JF started this by saying he alone can not support next years financial shortfall by himself and wanted MP to make his position clear. What makes you think that the GTST could find the cash when JF could not.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 179
sonik
September 29, 2011, 7:01pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1

How would this help the club going forward as the club needs investors who can take on the debt of the current ongoing day to day running costs. Giving his shares to the GTST would not help the club as they would want to have a say in everything but would not have the ability to inject any serious financial cash to pay for it.

JF started this by saying he alone can not support next years financial shortfall by himself and wanted MP to make his position clear. What makes you think that the GTST could find the cash when JF could not.

At last someone with a bit of savvy!  UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 179
80sglory
September 29, 2011, 7:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from tarka

You're absolutely right there isn't.
But loans aside (and tbh I believe him) how can you ever use money/shareholding against the club ?
You can't - you can only use money to help it out.
Unless you spend it prematurely and then find yourself in financial trouble requiring "solutions"....
I'm not saying it was necessarily the intentional but at the end of the day, that seems to be where we are now.

Giving his shares to the GTST would not help the club as they would want to have a say in everything

Is that a bad thing ?

but would not have the ability to inject any serious financial cash to pay for it.

GTST aside, what do supporters do every matchday ?
And how do you know they couldn't or wouldn't collectively inject extra serious financial cash if they had a say ?
Reply: 115 - 179
Dan
September 29, 2011, 7:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Your napoleon complex is incredible.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 179
barralad
September 29, 2011, 8:05pm
Mariners Trust
GTST aside, what do supporters do every matchday ?
And how do you know they couldn't or wouldn't collectively inject extra serious financial cash if they had a say ?

We don't but why not do the investing through the Trust which is already in existence, has recognition from the club and the wider football world and wouldn't be starting from scratch...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 179
crusty ole pie
September 29, 2011, 8:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,382
Gold Stars: 66
Watch out barralad you may get accused of using common sense there
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 179
tonyfordsmicrofro
September 29, 2011, 10:45pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Am I right in saying that to become a member of GTST it will cost me £15 per annum? If that's the case send me a form (PM), I'll be more than happy to dip my hand in my pocket as long as I'm kept up to date with what's going on within the trust.

I've already got an old whisky bottle full of change.  

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 179
80sglory
September 29, 2011, 10:50pm
Guest User
barralad, in principle I've got nothing against doing it through the Trust whatsoever.
I don't see why people should have to necessarily pay £15 to be a member when they can donate but that's an entirely different matter...

Those advantages you listed:

has recognition from the club - good point.
wider football world - don't understand it's relevance.
wouldn't be starting from scratch - are the Trust not effectively starting from scratch ?

I know they've got a "legal framework" (whatever that means) but how can I assess it's foundations and framework when I know next to nothing about it ?
As a supporter, things like "The GTST is registered as a member-owned mutual limited company" leave me scatching my head.

Until the basics are explained of what GTST actually is and how it operates then you can do all the finger pointing you like, but you can't blame the average supporter for not wanting to be part of it.  

"Go to the meeting then !" I hear you say.
Not the point - I'm not the only one who (for whatever reason), has said no.
For a "supporter body that can work with the football club, and be mobilised in times of crisis." it hasn't attracted much interest.
Didn't you even say it was a members club and not meant to represent the supporter ?

barralad as you're the one who seems to think GTST is the way forward, I'll leave it in your hands (and the hands of those who understand it) to educate and convince Joe Bloggs to sign up.

PS Before you give me an explanation of it's workings, might I suggest you wait until after the meeting and put anything that comes to mind up on the website ? I might not only be me who might have questions as to what it all means...
Reply: 120 - 179
tonyfordsmicrofro
September 29, 2011, 10:54pm

Lower Findus
Why don't you just go to the meeting 80s?

You fill up my senses,
Come fill me again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 179
Rich Boy
September 29, 2011, 10:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -22
Instead of revitalising GTST and making it more appealing, why doesn’t someone start a supporters club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 179
80sglory
September 29, 2011, 11:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro
Why don't you just go to the meeting 80s?

Shedloads of reasons I've already stated.

- Very inconvenient for me to change my plans - not even sure I could make it before the game.
- Don't know where the meeting is, no public announcement.
- Already thought of loads of ideas(no-one else has been willing to reply let alone discuss them)
- No-one else has thought of any other ideas in advance to make us better prepared.
- Haven't seen any pre-meeting agenda.
- Don't see why we're being put out when we can do it all on here. If we can't make it to our computers why are we be expected to make it elsewhere ?
- Haven't agreed GTST should "facilitate" or "be in control" of the meeting.
- Everything about the meeting has seemingly been "decided upon" without a vote.
- I'm a potential customer, not a GTST footsoldier.
- Don't particularly want to be stuck in a room full of Fentyites for no apparent reason.
Reply: 123 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
September 29, 2011, 11:47pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600

- Very inconvenient for me to change my plans - not even sure I could make it before the game.
- Already thought of loads of ideas(no-one else has been willing to reply let alone discuss them)
- No-one else has thought of any other ideas in advance to make us better prepared.
- Don't see why we're being put out when we can do it all on here. If we can't make it to our computers why are we be expected to make it elsewhere ?
- Everything about the meeting has seemingly been "decided upon" without a vote.
- Don't particularly want to be stuck in a room full of Fentyites for no apparent reason.

YAWN
Logged Offline
Reply: 124 - 179
tonyfordsmicrofro
September 29, 2011, 11:53pm

Lower Findus
Quoted from 1600

- Very inconvenient for me to change my plans - not even sure I could make it before the game. Getting off your CPU may afford you the time you need

- Don't know where the meeting is, no public announcement. It has been announced 12:30, this Saturday at the Blundell Park

- Already thought of loads of ideas(no-one else has been willing to reply let alone discuss them). Why not discuss your ideas at the meeting?

- No-one else has thought of any other ideas in advance to make us better prepared. This is what meetings are about.

- Haven't seen any pre-meeting agenda. Emma said she would email the agenda to anybody that said they could attend

- Don't see why we're being put out when we can do it all on here. If we can't make it to our computers why are we be expected to make it elsewhere ? Because it's sometimes better to meet face to face.

- Haven't agreed GTST should "facilitate" or "be in control" of the meeting. You could argue this at the meeting

- Everything about the meeting has seemingly been "decided upon" without a vote. No it hasn't.

- I'm a potential customer, not a GTST footsoldier. Me too............ errrrm I think??? (Are you the real Tim Mickleburgh?)

- Don't particularly want to be stuck in a room full of Fentyites for no apparent reason. Who says that the meeting is going to be full of 'Fentyites?'

Anyway, that's enough from me 80s. As much as I love Grimsby Town, I also have a life.

You fill up my senses,
Come fill me again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 179
Shiver
September 30, 2011, 12:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Quoted from 1600

Great fallback excuse.
Quoted from 1600

Quoted from tarka
Hi All:

Further to the below, I can confirm that the meeting on Saturday will be held at Blundell Park.

When you get to BP, please go to reception and say that you are there to attend the Trust meeting.  Someone will then direct you to the room.

Please let me know if you have any questions before Saturday.

Regards

Emma

Quoted from tarka
Sorry...12.30 until 2pm

For someone of infinite intelligence you can't even read a few posts in a thread you've dribbled all over, ah but it's not public enough and for that reason alone you can hide behind your keyboard, got me there
Quoted from 1600

Thoughts that cannot be spoken at a meeting, heaven forbid discussed!..? You need online acclaim for your brilliance before you stand before a group of people? Perfectly valid, do forgive my ignorance.
Quoted from 1600

I'm a little bit worried now I know you can read peoples thoughts over the internet! Quite a talent.
Quoted from 1600

An open mind is more than enough for an agenda, people will speak at a meeting, speak thoughts even, it could happen 80's, or have you already read their thoughts and know in advance that it's going to be a silent meeting? I can't read thoughts or predict futures so you win hands down here.
Quoted from 1600

The man who says there is no leadership thinks someone can lead the GTST on The Fishy, way to go that man. Who can't make it to their computer? You have no idea what other people can and cannot do but one thing is for sure, you make it to your computer far too often!
Quoted from 1600

Yeah GTST shouldn't control a meeting about their own future, they should instead leave it to the great minds of folks like you, who can only make excuses for not being there, so who else is there? Call it leadership 80's, something you claim the trust has none of.
Quoted from 1600
- Everything about the meeting has seemingly been "decided upon" without a vote. .

I cannot praise your knowledge of the future enough, really, I will PM you about next weeks Lotto numbers if you would be so kind as to take pity on a low life like me
Quoted from 1600

A business runs to make profit from it's customers, GTST is not a business, more like an investment, that you ought to want to know about before you invest, you know when the meeting is, go find out nahhhh
Quoted from 1600

Why drag him into it? His name need not be mentioned at a meeting about the future of the GTST :s did you need just one more excuse to fill out the list a bit more? It was one too many in my humble opinion.

I have no doubt you'll pinpoint my obvious errors without mercy, as to why I'm wrong and you're right (is there any doubt? I'm just a simple man) but in case you struggle to justify your excuses, I will help you out a bit because I'm nice like that, just copy and paste
Quoted from 1600

Go easy on me 80's, I won't be back for a day or two as per usual, life and such.

Quoted from aaron rattray
as i said we have known each other since before i was born
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 179
tonyfordsmicrofro
September 30, 2011, 12:03am

Lower Findus
Sod it. One last question from me 80s. Are you worried about meeting people face to face?

You fill up my senses,
Come fill me again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 179
80sglory
September 30, 2011, 1:05am
Guest User
Two people that have got "a life" have spent all their time dissecting mine - how ironic.
Shame you both spent all that wasted time thinking of me rather than thinking and writing down ideas for the meeting.

But of course it's a lot easier to show up and take someone elses lead than to get off your own bottom and seriously think why you're actually doing it.
No doubt "all will be revealed" eh ?  

PS I didn't read yours Shiver.
Reply: 128 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
September 30, 2011, 1:26am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600
Two people that have got "a life" have spent all their time dissecting mine - how ironic.
Shame you both spent all that wasted time thinking of me rather than thinking and writing down ideas for the meeting.

But of course it's a lot easier to show up and take someone elses lead than to get off your own bottom and seriously think why you're actually doing it.
No doubt "all will be revealed" eh ?  

PS I didn't read yours Shiver.

If you have ideas come on saturday, its not as if there will be 2 heavies on the door frisking you for 15 quid is it
Logged Offline
Reply: 129 - 179
80sglory
September 30, 2011, 4:19am
Guest User
Read my lips.
I CAN'T MAKE IT SATURDAY, I CAN'T MAKE IT ANY DAY (except when the footy is on because I get a lift with someone and they've got their own commitments)

I might at a massive push be able to put myself through a load of hassle and incur excessive travel costs just to get there early and attend someone elses meeting I don't see the point to and mix with some people I particularly don't like- but it's highly improbable I would in any case even if I wanted to !

If that's all ok with you  ?

Reply: 130 - 179
barralad
September 30, 2011, 8:34am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1600
Read my lips.
I CAN'T MAKE IT SATURDAY, I CAN'T MAKE IT ANY DAY (except when the footy is on because I get a lift with someone and they've got their own commitments)

I might at a massive push be able to put myself through a load of hassle and incur excessive travel costs just to get there early and attend someone elses meeting I don't see the point to and mix with some people I particularly don't like- but it's highly improbable I would in any case even if I wanted to !

Based on what exactly? Oh I get it your impression of people from their input on here...-

Don't see why we're being put out when we can do it all on here. If we can't make it to our computers why are we be expected to make it elsewhere ?

It may surprise you but there are hundreds probably thousands of people with an interest in GTFC and its future who do not post on here. Are you saying that whatever is decided upon should be for Fishy posters alone? Sounds like it.......

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 179
barralad
September 30, 2011, 8:44am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Rich Boy
Instead of revitalising GTST and making it more appealing, why doesn’t someone start a supporters club?

That's the issue isn't it. It takes a "someone". Not you by the sound of it and to be honest I don't blame you. It would take a tremendous amount of work setting up something from scratch.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 179
Kris Mustampa
September 30, 2011, 8:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -12
The biggest mistake any revival of the Trust could make is to try and pander to people who will not do anythink but criticise.

I long realised that to be effective you will need as many foot soldiers as possible coupled with 4 or 5 leaders to provide structure.

Arguing with a handful of people who will be critical even if the trust raised £10m is futile. Some people have their own agenda which they should be allowed to get on with. If everyone ignores them they will eventually implode!

Just attention seeking (even on a regular basis at 3am).

I wish the meeting every success and i hope you are able to agree on your goals and have increasing support in stretching for them

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 179
psgmariner
September 30, 2011, 9:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro
Am I right in saying that to become a member of GTST it will cost me £15 per annum? If that's the case send me a form (PM), I'll be more than happy to dip my hand in my pocket as long as I'm kept up to date with what's going on within the trust.

I've already got an old whisky bottle full of change.  

http://www.gtst.net/site/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,72/Itemid,64/

All the info is here mate.

I am going to take the plunge and do it today.

Edit- sod it I am styarting a new thread to get people to join.

Private Message
Reply: 134 - 179
ginnywings
September 30, 2011, 9:28am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 1600
Read my lips.

Day release with heavy security?

You're Hannibal Lector and i claim my 5 pounds.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 179
80sglory
September 30, 2011, 2:32pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
It may surprise you but there are hundreds probably thousands of people with an interest in GTFC and its future who do not post on here. Are you saying that whatever is decided upon should be for Fishy posters alone? Sounds like it.......

Not necessarily but it's better than what you've proposed.
Reply: 136 - 179
GodHelpUs
September 30, 2011, 2:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Quoted from 1600

So there Barralad...that's told you!  God this guy is a tool!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 179
barralad
September 30, 2011, 4:53pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1600

Seeing as though you appear to be in the mood to hit out at anyone and anything I don't expect you to remember that I haven't actually "proposed" anything.

BTW your treatment of Emma is nothing short of disgusting....and yet you still expect to be taken seriously? It beggars belief!

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 179
80sglory
September 30, 2011, 4:53pm
Guest User
Quoted from GodHelpUs
So there Barralad...that's told you!  God this guy is a tool!

If I'm a tool then you've got a whole boxful of screws loose ?

What HAVE GTST done for the "hundreds probably thousands of people with an interest in GTFC" that don't even read the fishy, let alone have zero knowledge of GTST's day to day operations ?

Are they all meant to wake up one day and think:

"I MUST look at the GTST website today just in case they make a random out of the blue announcement about a meeting" ?  

barralad has now flipped flopped from saying it's a private members club NOT meant to represent the supporters to "hundreds probably thousands of people with an interest in GTFC and its future who do not post on here."  

And now I'M wrong because I point out that the fishy is more accessible to allow supporters a say than the few people GTST have managed to persuade into their inner circle ?!!  

What ARE GTST gonna do about these thousands of "people" in the future ?
There's 1 question for you to chew over at the meeting !  

My guess is someone will say "it can't be done" and that'll be the end of that !  
Reply: 139 - 179
80sglory
September 30, 2011, 4:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
BTW your treatment of Emma is nothing short of disgusting....and yet you still expect to be taken seriously? It beggars belief!

My apologies, I forgot Emma is god.  
Reply: 140 - 179
barralad
September 30, 2011, 5:02pm
Mariners Trust
Once again you choose to miss the point and misrepresent me in the process.

It's pretty obvious really. One of the things that will be up for discussion tomorrow is how does GTST reach out to the wider fan base. Who knows it may include getting people on ALL of the messageboards involved.

At no point have I ever said that the Trust isn't meant to represent the supporters. I have said that the Trust is meant to represent its members who are by definition supporters.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 179
Biccys
September 30, 2011, 5:06pm
So Parker has donated half million shares to the trust then? Discuss.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 142 - 179
Cod Almighty T shirt man
September 30, 2011, 5:11pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Radio Parkerside say a Town announcment to be revealed in about 20 minutes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 179
cleethorpes_mariner
September 30, 2011, 5:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Biccys

before anyone asks it announced on GTST website http://www.gtst.net/site/

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 179
Grim_Exile
September 30, 2011, 5:19pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Biccys

Hi There

Just to be clear, this is an OFFER at this stage, and will still need to be approved by the board of the football club.

GTSTs immediate response can be found at http://www.gtst.net

I'm about to get in the car and do the 170 mile drive home, so I won't be able to respond to any posts for the next 3/4 hours.

Regards, Emma

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 179
Swansea_Mariner
September 30, 2011, 7:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,477
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from 1600

Why is it better, because you say so? Or do you presume to speak for others, because I can't seem to see anyone on this thread whose a proponent of your argument.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 179
September 30, 2011, 8:29pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1600

My apologies, I forgot Emma is god.  
Thought that you would have referred to her as goddess not god.

Reply: 147 - 179
davmariner
September 30, 2011, 10:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Does anyone know how many shares the Trust currently have?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 179
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 30, 2011, 10:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Quoted from 1600
Will,

I hear what you're saying and see your view but I'll tell you exactly why.

There are wider issues at stake than little old ME.

What if I there are hundreds or even thousands of other GTFC supporters who might be willing to participate, donate, vote or become a member to a cause in the future, but aren't willing or able to do what GTST are currently asking or might ask them to do ?

Let's face facts, I might be viewed as a "pain up the @rse" but it's not just ME that hasn't been persuaded to participate is it ?

The issue is about whether GTST/those willing can persuade their target customers i.e. the dormant supporters to make it a success.
Like it or not, as a potential customer I'm not convinced and I won't buy a ticket to the grand-ball until I'm persuaded.

This whole attitude of "It's down to the supporters to show willing" is missing the whole point.

You wouldn't hear a business say :

"We've done our bit, now it's down to the customers to make the business work" would you ?

or

"If you don't like it, you can **** off !"

Errr.....    

I hope you see my point.

2 words - CUSTOMER SERVICE. (not blaming you just an example !)

Anyway don't worry about me or several others - we won't be attending or banging on about it.

A shame or not ?

Take if from someone who has tried and failed (so far) to persuade supporters to save their money, that's it not a case of blaming people, it's whether you can sell and market the idea to them.

The cold hard facts are that the customer doesn't need to do or prove a god damn thing...

80s, 2 words. "intercourse off".

It's not a business so why are the words "customer service" relevant? It's not about suppliers and customers. It's co-operative.

Christ's sake. You spout lefty stuff half the time, yet when it comes to taking action you want to be treated as a reactive consumer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 179
80sglory_blocked
September 30, 2011, 10:42pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
That's the issue isn't it. It takes a "someone". Not you by the sound of it and to be honest I don't blame you. It would take a tremendous amount of work setting up something from scratch.

The other problem would be the large amount of people like you that would be trying as hard as you possibly could for it to fail.

Why don't you just rename GTST as JTST -  John Fenty Supporters Trust ?  

I reckon the last thing you want is a huge numbers of independent supporters having a massive voice for free.

Much better for you to make sure it all goes through GTST where those supporters who aren't put off by either having to pay, being put out or being bamboozled by the complicatedness of it all then have to gain Fenty's blessing.

I predict here and now that you and others will make sure GTST remains as ineffective and inaccessible to the average supporter as it has proved to be up until now.

And just to be clear, acting like another fundraising arm to pump supporters funds into Fenty's "financial black hole" wouldn't disprove it !
Reply: 150 - 179
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 30, 2011, 10:46pm
Brandy Drinker

Dave has already said he gave up because of personal reasons. Even if the "regime" who took over where not the right ones there was no one else who put themselves forward.

I'm bet Emma would happily hand over the reins if someone else wanted to take over (and assuming the membership didn't find someone else).

To be honest I didn't notice any change in policy when Dave left, so why would it be taken more seriously if he re-joined the board? It will only be taken more seriously when more fans joined and got involved. GTFC fans have only got themselves to blame.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 179
80sglory_blocked
September 30, 2011, 10:49pm
Guest User
It's not a business so why are the words "customer service" relevant?

Of course it should be treated like a business.
Don't you want it to attract as much revenue as possible ?  

We shouldn't be suprised - we all know GTST aren't readily willing to accept 500,000 worth of shares so no suprises there !

PS If you're gonna dicredit your self and act like a child by abusing me blah blah blah, no-one will believe you blah blah blah.  
Reply: 152 - 179
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 30, 2011, 10:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1600

- Very inconvenient for me to change my plans - not even sure I could make it before the game. [How do you think others manage? Fucksake, some people travel from 100 miles away to be at those meetings]
- Don't know where the meeting is, no public announcement. [Have you lost the ability to read? It's been plastered all over this MB. I can find it and I'm an old IT illiterate fart. You're just making pathetic excuses.]
- Already thought of loads of ideas(no-one else has been willing to reply let alone discuss them) [Go to the effing meeting you nonce and talk about them.]
- No-one else has thought of any other ideas in advance to make us better prepared. [Then seize the initiative at the meeting and wow everyone with your plans. What is there to lose?]
- Haven't seen any pre-meeting agenda. [Make the agenda up when you get there? Or do you need an authority figure to tell you what to do all the time?]
- Don't see why we're being put out when we can do it all on here. If we can't make it to our computers why are we be expected to make it elsewhere ? [You've obviously no experience of dealing with complicated issues if you think you can do it via a message board. Besides, what about the people who don't uyse this or any MB, or even have a computer? Come back when you have thought things through properly.]
- Haven't agreed GTST should "facilitate" or "be in control" of the meeting. [What you haven't "agreed"? If you don't like it then don't "farckin cam".
- Everything about the meeting has seemingly been "decided upon" without a vote. [Tell us. Tell us what's been decided? Save everyone the time and effort of going and tell us what's been decided?]
- I'm a potential customer, not a GTST footsoldier. [GTST isn't looking for customers. Members yes. Customers, no. It isn't a business. I suggest you use some of your IT skills to do some research on supporters trusts and the co-operative movement]
[I wasn't aware that was a qualification. I know plenty of people who are not Fentyites who will be going. Some I think have been too ready to agree with Fenty, I'll grant you, but you know what. They joined, took part and gave up their time so they have a voice. You my friend do naff all but moan and are one of those sad fornicators whose only voice is on here].

PS Are you Humbo in disguise?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 179
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 30, 2011, 10:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1600
Read my lips.

If you don't like it why don't you start your own organisation, that meets when it suits you. Set the date. Publicise it on here and sign up anyone who goes to whatever onanisation you set up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 179
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 30, 2011, 11:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 3622

Of course it should be treated like a business.
Don't you want it to attract as much revenue as possible ?  

We shouldn't be suprised - we all know GTST aren't readily willing to accept 500,000 worth of shares so no suprises there !

PS If you're gonna dicredit your self and act like a child by abusing me blah blah blah, no-one will believe you blah blah blah.  

Completely wrong. The point of GTST isn't to attract revenue. Revenue is useful but not the point.

I abuse you like a child because, quite simply it's pointless reasoning with you. Whatever is said you don't get it. I know that. 99% of the users of this MB see that. I probably shouldn't be wasting my time on you but it is at least slightly satisfying to insult you.

I apologise if you truly are too thick to understand, but I suspect you're just being deliberately obtuse.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 179
Will Haddock
September 30, 2011, 11:05pm

Beer Drinker
TW - I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve by qouting old posts that have already been read and replied to.

<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 179
LukeyJ
October 1, 2011, 12:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / 0
I like the idea and prospect of the trust getting going again. I wish it the best.

If I could offer constructive criticism though. I trawled through this thread and other before it for over half an hour to find an official confirmation of when the meeting was. Once the time and date was decided. It should have been started as a new thread so that fans and fishy members could easily see it, not fish for it.

It would have been also nice to communicate pre-requisites of attending this meeting... e.g. open to all current members only, open to current members and prospective members who would like to join today, or open to all fans but only trust members can vote on motions.

It would also have been reasonable to provide an agenda plus areas which would be voted on.

People make decisions based on their present amount of information and you may muster more participants by providing all information in an easily accessible source. This could even have been updating the first post of the thread. However, not everyone is as determined as I am to find this information but may be keen prospective trust members.

Communication is key. Anyway, good luck on the meeting. Lets hope good things come out of it.

Regards,

LukeyJ
Previous Trust Member
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 179
80sglory
October 1, 2011, 1:33pm
Guest User
That's pretty much EXACTLY what I said !  
And I got slagged off left right and centre for daring to criticize when I was only trying to improve things for the supporters benefit !  
And people then wonder why people aren't willing to put themselves out or dig into their own pocket to massive inconvenience to themselves.
I'm afraid you just can't win sometimes...  
Reply: 158 - 179
the Grimbarian
October 1, 2011, 5:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from 1600
That's pretty much EXACTLY what I said !  
And I got slagged off left right and centre for daring to criticize when I was only trying to improve things for the supporters benefit !  
And people then wonder why people aren't willing to put themselves out or dig into their own pocket to massive inconvenience to themselves.
I'm afraid you just can't win sometimes...  

I know the feeling mate you try and be constructive all you get in return is personal abuse and from people close to the Trust.So future members of the trust read  all the slagging off by people and say sod it what the poiint of joining  

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 179
80sglory
October 1, 2011, 7:56pm
Guest User
Quoted from tarka
Liam Hearn isn't exactly worth a fortune with only one goal scored is he?

Wey-hey !   What do you say Dave ?  
Maybe stick with director duties and leave all things football to us supporters ?  

LIAM ! LIAM ! LIAM !
Reply: 160 - 179
GodHelpUs
October 1, 2011, 9:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from 1600

Wey-hey !   What do you say Dave ?  
Maybe stick with director duties and leave all things football to us supporters ?  

LIAM ! LIAM ! LIAM !

And considering your lack of any sort of grasp of company law or come to that, any sort of reasoned logic...I would stick to being an internet bore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
October 1, 2011, 9:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from GodHelpUs

And considering your lack of any sort of grasp of company law or come to that, any sort of reasoned logic...I would stick to being an internet bore.

Logged Offline
Reply: 162 - 179
80sglory
October 1, 2011, 10:02pm
Guest User
Reasoned logic....

You threw a wobbler like a spolit brat because you assumed the sequential chain of facts I presented, meant I was "crtiticizing".
Because of your sensitivity to criticism in any way shape or form, you deluded youself into thinking I therefore had to "explain" my initial fact to YOU !  

You went round in a circle of logic, bemused at how this natural sequence of facts made no sense as to why I'd said them !  
When you were left with no answers about why I'd said them except "the fact they were facts", you were left looking completely clueless like a lost child becaue you couldn't have the argument you so deperately craved at my expense.

At this point, you panicked at losing face in front of everyone else so decided to abuse me, whilst saying I had "no logic" and hastily threw all your toys out the pram in the process.
Reply: 163 - 179
KK_DOG
October 1, 2011, 10:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Approval: +472
What I can't get my head round is why is there so much animosity towards the trust ? From what I can see it is a group of supporters that have come together for the good of Grimsby Town. I find it sad there there is so much criticism which seems to have taken over from the real objectives.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 179
GodHelpUs
October 2, 2011, 6:03am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from 1600
Reasoned logic....

You threw a wobbler like a spolit brat because you assumed the sequential chain of facts I presented, meant I was "crtiticizing".
Because of your sensitivity to criticism in any way shape or form, you deluded youself into thinking I therefore had to "explain" my initial fact to YOU !  

You went round in a circle of logic, bemused at how this natural sequence of facts made no sense as to why I'd said them !  
When you were left with no answers about why I'd said them except "the fact they were facts", you were left looking completely clueless like a lost child becaue you couldn't have the argument you so deperately craved at my expense.

At this point, you panicked at losing face in front of everyone else so decided to abuse me, whilst saying I had "no logic" and hastily threw all your toys out the pram in the process.

Reasoned logic? Sequential chain of events?  I hardly think so. Just to remind you, what you said is below:

"Todays event has proved a real eye opener - it proves GTST can't or won't do anything of real value of for the supporters (sorry "their paying members" ) without getting JF's stamp of approval first !

How ironic a "supporters club" is ultimately overseen by the board of directors !"

With all respect there are no facts in the post above, no chain of events, no reasoned arguments....merely a set of opinions designed to be derogatory to the Trust.

The truth of the matter is that when I asked you to substantiate your opinion your evidence was Otter's interview on the radio. You wrongly assumed that he was asking the permission of the board of GTFC rather than what most of us understood to be a reference to basic company law.

When you realised that not only had you got it wrong but that you had been seen to get it wrong, instead of being a man and admitting your mistake you then blustered away and quickly reached your fall-back position which was that all you were doing was telling the truth.  

The other thing I've noticed from you is that whenever anyone challenges you, you then resort to aggression which I guess explains the spoilt brat remark.

As I said before (and your post above only reinforces my opinion) your opinions carry no credibility whatsoever.  They exhibit a lack of intellectual functioning, a desperate need for attention and (possibly) a personal agenda.  To someone like you any attention is good attention.  You neither care about what people say about you nor what effect your words have on others.  This is evidenced by your abusive behaviour and language towards others on here who happen to disagree with you (and there are many), your half baked theories on a number of issues (e.g. why Mike Parker has released half of his shares) and your seemingly inpenetrable thick skin when abused by the less articulate contributors to this board.

No doubt you will reply with a long, rambling, barely intelligable reply to this post containing a myriad of both quotes and opinions dressed up as facts. I really don't care.  The overwhelming feeling of most contributors and those who just read what goes on here is that you are as mad as a box of frogs and I would tend to agree.

As attention is what drives you most I have no desire to reinforce whatever mental disorder you are afflicted with and will therefore not reply to any more posts on this particular matter.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 179
The Grim Reaper
October 2, 2011, 9:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
There is a lot of real animosity towards the Trust because they are not representative of the real fans.

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 179
dapperz fun pub
October 2, 2011, 10:17am
Special Brew Drinker

Completely wrong. The point of GTST isn't to attract revenue. Revenue is useful but not the point.

I abuse you like a child because, quite simply it's pointless reasoning with you. Whatever is said you don't get it. I know that. 99% of the users of this MB see that. I probably shouldn't be wasting my time on you but it is at least slightly satisfying to insult you.

I apologise if you truly are too thick to understand, but I suspect you're just being deliberately obtuse.

You called me thick the other week,is it youre way of reasonable debate? at least you didnt abuse me like a child though.......lucky me eh!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 179
KK_DOG
October 2, 2011, 10:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Approval: +472
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
There is a lot of real animosity towards the Trust because they are not representative of the real fans.

But surely all fans can join if they wish and have their say. In any group of people there will always be those that disagree. I get the feeling it is more about personalities than anything else which is a shame because they seem to be real fans to me trying to make a difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
October 2, 2011, 10:27am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from The Grim Reaper

How can the GTST represent 'the real fans' as you put it if 'the real fans' are not willing to muck in and get involved?
Logged Offline
Reply: 169 - 179
sonik
October 2, 2011, 11:28am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
I also attended the Trust meeting yesterday and have nothing but admiration for  some of the things that are in the pipeline going forward. Some nice people In my opinion.  I wish people would get of their backs and just see where it takes us. Time will tell. Fans have a real chance to be constructive in going forward for the benefit of the Football Club. Join it or back off with all the negativity.  UTM!!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 179
grimsby pete
October 2, 2011, 11:36am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from sonik
I also attended the Trust meeting yesterday and have nothing but admiration for  some of the things that are in the pipeline going forward. Some nice people In my opinion.  I wish people would get of their backs and just see where it takes us. Time will tell. Fans have a real chance to be constructive in going forward for the benefit of the Football Club. Join it or back off with all the negativity.  UTM!!

Well said sonik,

I have forgiven John for Braintree BTW,

He can come back now.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 179
dapperz fun pub
October 2, 2011, 11:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from sonik

going on past years the trust had too many of its own problems to make any relevant input and lets face it because youre brother called in the take over panel parker seemingly had no choice but to reduce shares or buy out the youre bruv,all still very messy in my opinion

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 179
80sglory
October 2, 2011, 11:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from GodHelpUs
With all respect there are no facts in the post above

What a complete idiot you are.
Even Emma said it "will still need to be approved by the board of the football club."

Seems everyone else knows that's a fact except YOU.
Quoted from GodHelpUs
no chain of events, no reasoned arguments

I was talking about our previous conversation !
Quoted from GodHelpUs
You wrongly assumed that he was asking the permission of the board of GTFC rather than what most of us understood to be a reference to basic company law.

I didn't assume they needed permission at all.
As for company law I'm sure that is the case but no-one I heard made any reference to it until questions were raised.
Quoted from GodHelpUs
As attention is what drives you most I have no desire to reinforce whatever mental disorder you are afflicted with and will therefore not reply to any more posts on this particular matter.

How convenient !
I suggest maybe you're the one with the mental disorder - throwing a wobbler like a big girl because you can't handle people pointing out a few harmless facts.
Not my problem - YOUR choice what to read on here, YOUR emotions, YOUR problem !
As for abusive behaviour in calling you a "spolit brat", I suggest you re-read your previous posts where you've abused several other people on here with the f word.

I'm not proud of my bad langauage but at least I'm not a complete hippocrite like you.

If you're so sensitive a few simple facts upset you then either engage brain first or use the block button.
Reply: 173 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
October 2, 2011, 11:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600

What a complete idiot you are.
Even Emma said it "will still need to be approved by the board of the football club."

Seems everyone else knows that's a fact except YOU.

I was talking about our previous conversation !

I didn't assume they needed permission at all.
As for company law I'm sure that is the case but no-one I heard made any reference to it until questions were raised.

How convenient !
I suggest maybe you're the one with the mental disorder - throwing a wobbler like a big girl because you can't handle people pointing out a few harmless facts.
Not my problem - YOUR choice what to read on here, YOUR emotions, YOUR problem !
As for abusive behaviour in calling you a "spolit brat", I suggest you re-read your previous posts where you've abused several other people on here with the f word.

I'm not proud of my bad langauage but at least I'm not a complete hippocrite like you.

If you're so sensitive a few simple facts upset you then either engage brain first or use the block button.

In fairness, you seem a well educated fella, with a few ideas. Instead of slating  . . Help maybe?
Logged Offline
Reply: 174 - 179
80sglory
October 2, 2011, 11:55pm
Guest User
Wrawbs I'm not here to sh1tstir - let me tell you I've got a lot better things I could be doing.

Trouble is when you "criticize" people think you're sh1tstirring or knocking the club for the sake of it when you're only trying to help and make things better.

Anyway, if it makes you feel better I'll keep my trap shut about GTST from now on because I can't help anyway unless it's remotely and to be honest, they can do what they like until something tangible comes out of it all - maybe it will.
Reply: 175 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
October 3, 2011, 12:03am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600
Wrawbs I'm not here to sh1tstir - let me tell you I've got a lot better things I could be doing.

Trouble is when you "criticize" people think you're sh1tstirring or knocking the club for the sake of it when you're only trying to help and make things better.

Anyway, if it makes you feel better I'll keep my trap shut about GTST from now on because I can't help anyway unless it's remotely and to be honest, they can do what they like until something tangible comes out of it all - maybe it will.

I weren't being critical of you I was asking if you were willing to sit down like everyone who was at the initial meeting and help rebuild it from scratch
Logged Offline
Reply: 176 - 179
80sglory
October 3, 2011, 12:09am
Guest User
Whether I might be willing or not is academic - I can't even if I wanted to.
Didn't you see the other post I made ?
Reply: 177 - 179
forza ivano
October 4, 2011, 1:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,286
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from 1600

we can only hope, we can only hope
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 179
TWAreaTownSupporter
October 4, 2011, 1:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

You called me thick the other week,is it youre way of reasonable debate? at least you didnt abuse me like a child though.......lucky me eh!

No. I've tried reasonable debate - with some people it's a waste of time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 179
18 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › GTST - The Next Chapter

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.