Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,774 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
laitey
November 7, 2011, 10:03am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -7
Quoted from flash1

i do hope so!

dont flipping come on then!

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 348
GollyGTFC
November 7, 2011, 10:20am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,026
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from GrimRob

You'll have to ask Fenty exactly which part he objected to (he doesn't say in his e-mail). But the last thing we are going to allow is to quote selective parts of a thread for which a complaint has been received to be resubmitted.

So, Fenty is allowed to email you and demand any post he doesn't like is removed without saying what he objects to? Grow a pair of balls Rob.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 201 - 348
the Grimbarian
November 7, 2011, 10:51am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from GrimRob

You'll have to ask Fenty exactly which part he objected to (he doesn't say in his e-mail). But the last thing we are going to allow is to quote selective parts of a thread for which a complaint has been received to be resubmitted.

Well if the mods were doing what they are suppose to do it wouldnt havent got out of hand like this.To be honest its not rocket science to delete a post/thread that might be deemed as libel/slander because when it suits them its been done within 10 mins in one case

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 348
80sglory
November 7, 2011, 11:01am
Guest User
Quoted from flash1

i do hope so!

Says the person who accused others of bullshitting and posting crap.

Unbelievable !

flash IMO you're a deluded imbercile who doesn't know his @rse from his elbow.

I'm thinking of staying away from the next home game in protest at your comments alone.  

PS Use a capital letter just once ?
Reply: 203 - 348
Fishbone
November 7, 2011, 11:01am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +172
Gold Stars: 1
Leaving aside the content, the thing that is most distressing about the John Fenty post and subsequent thread is that we're now seeing Town fans arguing amongst themselves. Personally I very much appreciate those who run and moderate The Fishy and the hard work they put in, just as much as I enjoy the lively debate and comments of the vast majority of posters on here. I think we would do well to take on board what has been said but move on and not start fighting among ourselves and risk undermining the value of this fans forum at such a difficult time in the clubs history.

Everyone should always consider the effects their posts have on others, whoever they may be, but we should continue to have a forum that allows people to voice their opinion. The vast majority of posts are not libellous and perhaps Mr. Fenty's 'post' should serve as a partial reminder to all of us about the 'acceptable use' of any such 'media', which will need to be revisited now and again. With the club in such a dire position, the last thing we need is for this site to disintegrate through in-fighting.

This site should be one that empowers fans in some small way and in showing a bit more dignity and maturity in not responding to ANY form of behaviour that might be viewed as libellous, OR aggressive and controlling, it could provide a sounder footing for future dialogue and impact.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 348
80sglory
November 7, 2011, 11:09am
Guest User
Fans have always argued.

If you think arguing is a sign of undermining the forum, I'd suggest the precise opposite.

A sign of any strong democracy is one where everyone is allowed their view(within reason) whether people agree or not.

Not one where people get censored, told to shut up or can't say what they want for fear of majority rule.
Reply: 205 - 348
flash1
November 7, 2011, 11:10am
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1600

Says the person who accused others of bullshitting and posting crap.

Unbelievable !

flash IMO you're a deluded imbercile who doesn't know his @rse from his elbow.

I'm thinking of staying away from the next home game in protest at your comments alone.  

PS Use a capital letter just once ?

I,m pleased i,ve been of help and assistance in what was probably a brain tasking decision for you!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 348
80sglory
November 7, 2011, 11:16am
Guest User
flash what exactly do you disagree with ?
Any comment that YOU don't agree with ?
You said you only come on to read "positive comments".

You think a forum is all for YOUR benefit and if you don't like what you're reading, the comments therefore shouldn't exist ?  

Please tell me your mindset, I'm intrigued !
Reply: 207 - 348
GrimRob
November 7, 2011, 12:30pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,431
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GollyGTFC

So, Fenty is allowed to email you and demand any post he doesn't like is removed without saying what he objects to? Grow a pair of balls Rob.

No but if the post clearly libels him as the ones in question did then we had no choice to remove them. Grow a brain.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 208 - 348
forza ivano
November 7, 2011, 12:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,223
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Henryscat
I think a lot of people have jumped to conclusions here. I've no doubt I'll get shouted down but I am typing this from neither a pro nor an anti fenty viewpoint. I just think people need to be more objective and look at these few points.

Firstly, the original email was from John to Rob, it was not an open letter to users of the fishy. The fact that Rob chose to copy and paste the email rather than summarise it in a post was Rob's decision and isn't fenty "throwing his toys out" as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Secondly, I think a lot of you have confused criticism (and even abuse) with liable/slander. John has admitted that things haven't been rosy (a large understatement IMO) and doesn't object to this. He objects to scurrilous rumours and untruths that have been posted. For instance it would be quite acceptable to say "fenty is a rich man with a pretty daughter who's tenure as chairman coincided with the club's demise to non-league football" all of these can be backed up with evidence. You can't however say something like (and I hasten to add I'm using this as an example) "John is the franchisee of the McDonalds outside BP and thus keeps the catering inside BP low-rate" this cannot be backed up by any form of evidence.

Lastly, the mods have been asked to remove libelous messages, this does not get rid of our freedom of speech but merely keeps Rob from being sued and this forum and website being shut down.

Sorry to rant on but I think a lot of you need to look at things objectively before spouting off.

you've summed it up excellently. keyboard warriors making a mountain out of a molehill. suspect they wouldn't be so voiceferous if they were in rob's shoes (or should that be smelly running shoes?  )

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 348
35 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.