Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Your New Stadium - Would you want Safe Standing?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

Your New Stadium - Would you want Safe Standing?

This thread currently has 14,793 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
hertfordshire mariner
August 2, 2012, 6:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Liverpool fans weren't entirely blameless for Hillsborough were they?

still would not have happened if there were no perimeter fence.

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 76
BiloLCFC
August 2, 2012, 6:31pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1
I did actually mean to add a poll to this but for some reason I can't add it retrospectively, annoying.

I should point out that even the Taylor Report itself did not blame standing per se, it simply said that all-seaters would offer the greatest balance of control and safety. That though was in the early 1990s before the success of safe standing areas in Germany and Austria had become clear, a similar report today is probably necessary if we're honest.

When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 76
hertfordshire mariner
August 2, 2012, 6:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
there isnt actually anything stopping us building a standing area in the new ground is there? (butrons ground has standing) just cant convert seating areas back to standing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 76
jamesgtfc
August 2, 2012, 6:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,058
Gold Stars: 190
Regular barriers to prevent crushing. I would make the whole Pontoon standing and the Lower Findus if it were to happen at BP.

Doesn't the away end have to be a certain percentage of capacity? If so I would then remove seats as necessary in the Osmond Stand - cant remove too many if we are arguing that seats ruin atmospheres!

Whilst on topic why does the Pontoon roof point to the sky? Surely the sound would be much better of it pointed towards the pitch - like the Osmond does?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 76
hertfordshire mariner
August 2, 2012, 6:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Regular barriers to prevent crushing. I would make the whole Pontoon standing and the Lower Findus if it were to happen at BP.

Doesn't the away end have to be a certain percentage of capacity? If so I would then remove seats as necessary in the Osmond Stand - cant remove too many if we are arguing that seats ruin atmospheres!

Whilst on topic why does the Pontoon roof point to the sky? Surely the sound would be much better of it pointed towards the pitch - like the Osmond does?

it cant happen at bp, i asked fenty on one of those questions for the chairman things. requires legistation to be passed to convert seating back in to standing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 76
aaron rattray
August 2, 2012, 7:08pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Well even if thereare only seats there can still be a crush, as i was watching allthe people come down the steps at sincil bank on Tuesday i thought, it only take 1 person to trip and people die, it can happen at any ground, i hope it doesn't but it could happen to anybody at any ground

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 76
hertfordshire mariner
August 2, 2012, 7:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from aaron rattray
Well even if thereare only seats there can still be a crush, as i was watching allthe people come down the steps at sincil bank on Tuesday i thought, it only take 1 person to trip and people die, it can happen at any ground, i hope it doesn't but it could happen to anybody at any ground

same could be said for climing the stairs in your house

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 76
BiloLCFC
August 2, 2012, 7:16pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1
In terms of tripping hazards, surely an all-seater stand with thousands of plastic seats at ankle level represents a greater hazard than a terrace?

When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 76
aaron rattray
August 2, 2012, 7:21pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Well when im going down the stairs of a football ground i am praying to myself " please nobody trip" it can happen to you or one of your best mates, any stadium there can be an incedent where people die, any ground any game any person any time

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 76
hertfordshire mariner
August 2, 2012, 7:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from aaron rattray
Well when im going down the stairs of a football ground i am praying to myself " please nobody trip" it can happen to you or one of your best mates, any stadium there can be an incedent where people die, any ground any game any person any time

any place anywhere. not just football. glastonbury fest 150,000 all standing, often in very bad conditions. when was the last death there due to crushing/tripping???

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Your New Stadium - Would you want Safe Standing?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.