Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Your New Stadium - Would you want Safe Standing?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 37 Guests

Your New Stadium - Would you want Safe Standing?

This thread currently has 14,781 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
lawless29
August 2, 2012, 7:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11
yes i would love it i look at dortmunds ground with awe

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 76
Gary Haddock
August 2, 2012, 7:33pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6

any place anywhere. not just football. glastonbury fest 150,000 all standing, often in very bad conditions. when was the last death there due to crushing/tripping???

it hasn't happened at EVERY club either doesn't mean it can't happen. I'm sure there are the odd one or two at these festivals that have been crushed but we've not heard or researched into it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 76
Hagrid
August 2, 2012, 7:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,524
Gold Stars: 544
I see your point aaron, but there's risk in everything, standing imho creates a better atmosphere and should be brought back, albeit with improved regulations etc etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 76
aaron rattray
August 2, 2012, 7:38pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4

any place anywhere. not just football. glastonbury fest 150,000 all standing, often in very bad conditions. when was the last death there due to crushing/tripping???

But just cos there hasn't been big disasters at a football ground formany years that doesn't mean it can't happen, look at those 6 best mates who went to ibrox in 1971 all from same street they was best mates and 1 made it back alive, one of the boys mum was reluctant to let her son go but him and his best mates persuaded her, he was 13 and he never came back alive, I've made alot of friends with lads who i see at town games, you don't expect it but it can happen, sorry for the harrowing story but its true and only because you don't expect it that doesn't mean it won't happen, your friends could be killed, anybody, you hope it doesn't happen but it could

Sorry for the harrowing story about Peter easton and the other 4 boys who died but its true, it can happen anywhere anytime, god forbid any of my friends die at a football game  actually god forbid anybody Die at a football game

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 76
hertfordshire mariner
August 2, 2012, 7:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from Gary Haddock

it hasn't happened at EVERY club either doesn't mean it can't happen. I'm sure there are the odd one or two at these festivals that have been crushed but we've not heard or researched into it.

i never said it it couldnt happen and it has and i have researched it and hold qualifications in crowd management. my point is standing at football is no more dangerous than walking down the street, things have changed massively since the 80s and 90s and something as terrible as hillsbrough could not happen again in england with or without standing.

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 76
cod.gtfc
August 2, 2012, 7:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
No perimeter fences anymore, therefore Hillsborough couldn't happen again because if a stand became overcrowded the spectators have somewhere to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 76
aaron rattray
August 2, 2012, 7:47pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker

i never said it it couldnt happen and it has and i have researched it and hold qualifications in crowd management. my point is standing at football is no more dangerous than walking down the street, things have changed massively since the 80s and 90s and something as terrible as hillsbrough could not happen again in england with or without standing.

It could but not the same circumstances, hillsborough happend against the big fences, something can easily happen now against advertising boards or against crush barriers ect or just on the floor, easily done

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 76
hertfordshire mariner
August 2, 2012, 7:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from aaron rattray

It could but not the same circumstances, hillsborough happend against the big fences, something can easily happen now against advertising boards or against crush barriers ect or just on the floor, easily done

but that could happen in a all seater ground to. like i said standing at football with the proper controls in place is no more dangerous than walking down the street. infact walking down oxford street in london on a sat afternoon is more dangerous!! lol

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 76
aaron rattray
August 2, 2012, 7:54pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Just because perimeter fences has gonethat doesnt mean that there can't be a big crush with loads of people killed, you could get crushed  to death on a train, outside a football ground, inside a football ground, outside cinema, absolutely anywhere and that will never ever change it is impossible to get rid of every risk

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 76
aaron rattray
August 2, 2012, 7:56pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
It could even happen at wembley

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Your New Stadium - Would you want Safe Standing?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.