Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Finally justice for the hillsborough victims
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 29 Guests

Finally justice for the hillsborough victims

This thread currently has 22,206 views. Print
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
September 28, 2012, 4:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from bladerunnner

if you weren't on here replying to my inane rants you would only be sat in your squalid pit in grimsby flicking through the mothercare  catalogue with pen!s at the  ready?

For someone to actually think of that they need to be pretty fu(ked up!
Reply: 120 - 127
barralad
September 28, 2012, 7:34pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
I come back to this thread to see if anything more of note has been added to what was one of the best threads on here. All I find is childish behaviour from RBOH and Bladerunner. Having considered that they actually might be the same person and dismissed the idea can I ask for the sake of the thread that you get a room?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 127
September 28, 2012, 7:37pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
I come back to this thread to see if anything more of note has been added to what was one of the best threads on here. All I find is childish behaviour from RBOH and Bladerunner. Having considered that they actually might be the same person and dismissed the idea can I ask for the sake of the thread that you get a room?

Well said, sir.
Reply: 122 - 127
roundballovalhole
September 28, 2012, 7:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad

At what point have i been childish (on this thread). I challenged someone on a fact about heysel. . . Then defended myself against a tirade of disgusting accusations about my character!  I have  reported the suggestion of paedophilia to the mods. Not only does this breach fishy rules but is also completely libellous! I have on nany occassions been childish on this forum but I wouldn't be on this thread as I have some moral standards!

Reply: 123 - 127
NorfolkImp
September 28, 2012, 9:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from 1054

The only perosn who would reply like that is someone too thick to read. . . . As I said in my post, I have academic qualifications beyond first degree level, I am educated to Masters level.  What do I do for a job? None of your godddam business!!!

But its only £20 per hour, I recall you bragging about it here on Fishy not so long back  

Private Message
Reply: 124 - 127
The Yard Dog
September 28, 2012, 10:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Hi
I am in the process of reading the whole of the Hillsborough Panel Report (386 pages). Currently on the 2nd chapter (p87), cannot believe some of the findings.  Like the judge took the high unusual decision , if the David Duckenfield or Bernard Murray were found guilty of manslaughter neither would go to PRISON. Also when the jury found Bernard Murray not guilty, the judge jdischarged the jury without reaching a verdict on David Duckenfield

Extract from part of the report is below

Private prosecution

1.254 In August 1998 the Hillsborough Family Support Group initiated a private prosecution
against David Duckenfield and Bernard Murray. It was the culmination of a decade’s
campaigning to establish criminal liability and to access key documents, witness statements
and personal ‘body files’ on each of the deceased compiled by the police investigators.

1.255 On 16 February 2000 the former officers were committed for trial, charged with
manslaughter and misconduct in a public office. Mr Duckenfield was also charged with
misconduct ‘arising from an admitted lie told by him to the effect that the [exit] gates had
been forced open by Liverpool fans’.

1.256 The judge, Mr Justice Hooper, summarised the prosecution case for manslaughter
as the failure by the officers to prevent a crush on the terraces and to divert fans from the
tunnel. The risk of serious injury, therefore, had been foreseeable. The ‘apparent’ defence
case was that neither officer ‘in the situation in which they found themselves, thought about
closing off the tunnel or foresaw the risk of serious injury in the pen if they did not do so’.

1.257 The judge noted the ‘enduring grief’ suffered by the bereaved. It was compounded
by ‘a deep seated and obviously genuine grievance that those thought responsible’ had
not been prosecuted or ‘even disciplined’. Both defendants, however, ‘must be suffering a
considerable amount of strain’.

1.258 [/b]While committing Mr Duckenfield and Mr Murray for trial he took a ‘highly unusual
course’ to ‘reduce to a significant extent the anguish being suffered’. He stated that if
the former officers were found to be guilty of manslaughter, neither would face a prison
sentence. This extraordinary assurance could not be disclosed until after the trial.

1.274 After 16 hours of discussion the jury was instructed that a majority verdict would be
accepted. Over five hours later, Mr Murray was acquitted. The jury was discharged without
reaching a verdict on Mr Duckenfield and the judge refused the application for a re-trial.[b]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 127
GrimRob
September 28, 2012, 10:25pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,463
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from 1054

At what point have i been childish (on this thread). I challenged someone on a fact about heysel. . . Then defended myself against a tirade of disgusting accusations about my character!  I have  reported the suggestion of paedophilia to the mods. Not only does this breach fishy rules but is also completely libellous! I have on nany occassions been childish on this forum but I wouldn't be on this thread as I have some moral standards!

That bit has been removed. This has gone well off topic. Put your handbags away everyone or the thread will be locked.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 126 - 127
semilapsedmariner
September 29, 2012, 6:23am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +0
About time to grimrob. talk about thread creep.

Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play.
It is bound up with hatred,jealousy,boastfullness,
disregard of all rules and a sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence;
In other words it is war without the shooting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 127
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Finally justice for the hillsborough victims

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.