Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nuneaton game not looking good!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 68 Guests

Nuneaton game not looking good!

This thread currently has 6,305 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Tinymariner
February 11, 2013, 10:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from moosey_club

The Pope has resigned over this.......i think something got lost in translation though as the message he reacted to was...     Nuns eaten in pitch battle  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 54
chaos33
February 11, 2013, 10:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,944
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from moosey_club

The Pope has resigned over this.......i think something got lost in translation though as the message he reacted to was...     Nuns eaten in pitch battle  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 54
chaos33
February 11, 2013, 10:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
"People believe that there are no cheats and bribes in football, I am not so naive to believe this. Nuneaton may want this game to go ahead as much as us but I wouldn't put it past any team to avoid a game to benefit themselves. Playing us later when we have to play 4 games in a week, for instance, would not be in our best interest but may be in the other clubs."

I'm sure there are cheats and bribes in football - I agree with you, but where does tomorrow's referee fit into this? He's the only person who can make the decision on the game going ahead? Are you ready to believe that Nuneaton have corrupted him and offered him some sort of incentive to pretend that the pitch isn't playable, just so they can play the fixture later in the season when they might (and might not) theoretically have a slightly improved chance of getting a better result?!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 54
LongEatonMariner
February 11, 2013, 10:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
I assume those claiming subterfuge are more about ground staff failing to try to remove water, more than refs with iffy scruples.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 54
pontoonlew
February 11, 2013, 10:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,053
Gold Stars: 178
People should've probably seen the rain in the Midlands yesterday, I drove past Nuneaton and it was almost undriveable. It was absolutely pissing down, i'm not so sure if we had rain like that even we would've got a game on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 54
moosey_club
February 11, 2013, 10:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,271
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
I assume those claiming subterfuge ate more about ground staff failing to try to remove water, more than refs with iffy scruples.

Didnt we have him up front once upon a time?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 54
chaos33
February 11, 2013, 10:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Surely a lack of effort on this matter from groundstaff would be absolutely obvious to the match officials who would report any suspicions they might have.

Blimey, I know we want to play and win the game, but can't people just accept that just because the weather isn't too bad where they live that other regions might be suffering more, meaning that, occasionally, games will be called off due to waterlogged or frozen pitches? Nobody here has any shred of evidence to suggest that Nuneaton may be deliberately trying to get this game postponed (even if that was somehow possible to deliberately influence). I remember some said the same about the Gateshead fixture. Some strategy that turned out to be.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 54
EY Mariner
February 11, 2013, 11:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Surely if our game is in doubt, then others will be as well with the weather as it has been. Given King's Lynn's game at Romulus (Sutton Coldfield) on a supposedly all-weather pitch was called off this evening, then I certainly don't expect us to be playing tomorrow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 54
supertown
February 11, 2013, 11:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,459
Gold Stars: 53
Whilst I dont doubt what the OP has been told. I cannot understand why there is no mention on their website if it is in danger and a pitch inspection is planned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 54
chicaneuk
February 12, 2013, 8:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
No more snow overnight here but it's pretty damn cold.. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the pitch is flooded / frozen!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nuneaton game not looking good!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.