Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Braintree vs Grimsby match thread.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 147 Guests

Braintree vs Grimsby match thread.

This thread currently has 32,498 views. Print
29 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
February 19, 2013, 10:03pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

That's a tad harsh

Before tonight we had lost just two games away from home (Fleetwood and Hyde) since our defeat at Ebbsfleet in October 2011

Yep. But don't let a few facts interrupt this period of national mourning

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 280
barralad
February 19, 2013, 10:05pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from ginnywings
Don't know why you're all surprised. Our away performances are average at best. Too many draws and defeats to sides we should be taking points from. We don't even compete in a lot of them.

Dear Me! Not you as well!! I've seen everyone of those games (except Barrow away) and I cannot think of a single one where we "didn't compete". We even competed at Hyde albeit only for half an hour

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 280
FishOutOfWater
February 19, 2013, 10:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from marinette
Jeff reckons we might have a dose of Wembleyitis.

I don't buy this...

From the commentary (so bearing in mind JT 's negative vibes) it was our worst performance of the season but why on earth would they go out tonight thinking about Wembley which is more than a month away IF we get there

Doesn't make sense....can lifting the trophy really be going through Disley's mind when he put that one wide when through on goal or when he left the ball from the corner where they scored the second.

Of course not....no real explanation imho other than the starting eleven should probably have stayed the same as Cook and Brodie were starting to get to know each other whereas LJL hasn't bedded in with anyone yet
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 272 - 280
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 19, 2013, 10:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,097
Gold Stars: 196
It's so nice....so nice
So put the champagne on ice
We're going to wembley twice
It's so nice....Los nice

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 280
marinette
February 19, 2013, 10:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Scotty on RH before 10:30.  

Private Message
Reply: 274 - 280
Maringer
February 19, 2013, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,725
Gold Stars: 189
If ever there is going to be a game you lose, it's likely to be on a damp Tuesday night in February playing on a mudbath, a few days before a match which could see the team reach a Wembley final. Thankfully, we've not lost too many of the awkward games this season. The thing we need to do is get back into the swing of things in the League straight away after Saturday's game, regardless of the result.

I've been out tonight so have only just got in and seen the score, along with much moaning about team selection, wailing and gnashing of teeth. Looking at the starting team, it was hardly all that radical a selection, was it? Just one difference to Saturday and, though we've not seen much as yet from LJL, the fact that the managers have been chasing him for some time would indicate he must have something about his game.

Personally, I'd have given Hannah a start tonight but I'd imagine the management thought a more powerful player might be more effective on a heavy pitch. Sounds as though most of them were well below-par though I look forward to hearing more about the game other than simply, "we were rubbish". I'll look out for the "Just Back" threads with interest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 280
Quagmire
February 19, 2013, 10:19pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
I stand by my comments from 2 weeks back:

We don't control the midfield and don't take games by the scrub of the neck and dominate games like top of the table sides do.

This has been coming for quite a while, we've ridden our luck, especially in more recent games.

I personally would look to bring someone in to the middle of the park.

I also don't think we create enough chances going forward - add into this mix playing a striker who has a poor goalscoring record (LJL) and this kind of result was going to happen sooner or later.

Hopefully we will learn from this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 280
AdamHaddock
February 19, 2013, 10:39pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
A very pragmatic and calm interview by Scott - I was expecting a much more snappy affair  

Seems willing to defend his players - a world away from the Newport game shortly after they took over.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 280
barralad
February 19, 2013, 10:49pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from AdamHaddock
A very pragmatic and calm interview by Scott - I was expecting a much more snappy affair  

Seems willing to defend his players - a world away from the Newport game shortly after they took over.

I suspect the players have heard how he really feels.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 280
ginnywings
February 19, 2013, 11:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

That's a tad harsh

Before tonight we had lost just two games away from home (Fleetwood and Hyde) since our defeat at Ebbsfleet in October 2011

The more pertinent question is how many have we won? 17 away goals is one of the lowest in the entire league.

I still maintain that our away form is average in terms of points gained for a side at the top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 279 - 280
29 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Braintree vs Grimsby match thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.