Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Game Off?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 223 Guests

Game Off?

This thread currently has 15,012 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
bhindibhajee
March 1, 2013, 7:05pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Regardless of fault or blame, the onus is on the visiting team to make sure they show up. I don't know, what precedents are there for this? All I can think of is when Middlesbro got sick shortly before a game, forfeited the match (and were relegated from the Prem at the end of the season?)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 111
LondonMariner43
March 1, 2013, 7:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,978
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from topuphere666
It's not a no show though. It's happened due to things out of our control. Slightly different to not being able to raise a team

I don't think anyone was suggesting we should forfeit the game - just comparing it to FA run youth league where this situation would be a forfeit - even if not a team's fault.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 111
80sglory
Guest User
RH are playing "The long and winding road"

You couldn't make this up if you tried.    
Reply: 42 - 111
Green27
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from bhindibhajee
Regardless of fault or blame, the onus is on the visiting team to make sure they show up. I don't know, what precedents are there for this? All I can think of is when Middlesbro got sick shortly before a game, forfeited the match (and were relegated from the Prem at the end of the season?)

To an extent yes but hardly a result of carelessness. Middlesborough could easily have fielded a team but decided not to, There are mitigating circumstances. Not to dissimilar to the petrol strike where quite a few games were called off.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 111
Doctor Sanchez
March 1, 2013, 7:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from bhindibhajee

Home teams don't forfeit the match when they're unable to provide a suitable playing surface which is often out of their control.  I can't see any logic in the away team being punished for delays that are out of their control.  The Middlesbrough case may have been that they could have provided a team, albeit reserve and youth players, but chose not to.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 111
bhindibhajee
March 1, 2013, 7:10pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Its not that uncommon for games to be slightly delayed due to motorway congestion, even at the highest level. I suspect that so long as there is good communication, and that Town arrive before a certain time, then they'll get the game on. There'll be a few stiff legs though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 111
alvinghammariner
March 1, 2013, 7:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Hit the road jack   Humberside trying to boost spirits!

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 111
Bruce Springsteen
March 1, 2013, 7:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
apparently 90 mins away poss ko 9pm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 111
LocalLadGTFC
March 1, 2013, 7:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
I'm in the ground, they say they are trying to do everything to get the game on tonight, maybe even resulting in a 9 o clock kick off!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 111
Sconeboy
March 1, 2013, 7:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
Can see it not being on tv if it's 9pm

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Game Off?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.