Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 63 Guests

Match thread

This thread currently has 29,183 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
April 10, 2014, 10:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Grimal

A joke Lew.

Well, he might be on acid too...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 253
barralad
April 10, 2014, 10:49pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I think its not people being unhappy its people seeing bizarre decisions like tonight and have the right to voice their opinion that 10 changes is too much..

He has a history of doing silly things when it comes to team selection..

The fans wether to accept losing away at dartford or the ones not happy have an equal right to say what they think but one things for sure I wont ever accept being happy to lose at dartford, why because we are grimsby town

We should never be happy losing at places like that,  some might say thats arrogance but I dont see it that way I see it as not being happy as a fan of a club with a big budget in this league and the players we have.

As for being positive its the decisions hurst makes which sucks it all out of you after you just regain a little bit of positivity..

He has this knack of alienating fans and doing his best to really make you wonder why some people like myself still wonder what is he thinking sometimes.

The way I see it is that at some point PH was going to have to take a risk given the sheer number of games facing Town. I think everyone would agree that Halifax isn't the game to do it in which leaves tonight or Saturday. Whilst Saturday looks a very good option, the great unknown is what effect Tuesday's game had on those who played and what effect travelling down to Dartford would have had on those players. Had Tuesday's players with maybe one or two changes gone out there tonight and not performed (there was absolutely no guarantee that they would have done so) we could have been looking at playing Saturday with our first team players even more knackered and the same need to win-with Halifax waiting on Tuesday. At least resting tonight gives those players a fighting chance of being able to do their bit-again-not only on Saturday but next Tuesday as well. I wouldn't want to have been the manager having to think his way through that one. A final point-many on here have sung the praises (and rightly so) of most the players who played tonight with several of the more vociferous stating that their particular favourite should be in the best starting XI. If this is the case then exactly how much of a weakened team was it? Obviously I wasn't there but it doesn't sound as though many who listened on the radio thought much of the performance-.....
This whole ridiculous situation has been created by the intransigence of the management of this league and the unwillingness of Dartford (unsurprisingly given their position) to play the game at a time more beneficial to us.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 253
Tom13
April 10, 2014, 10:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from Teestogreen

Very good point Salford Mariner - I totally agree - PH i.m.o. has not overlooked this. The last time I saw Grimsby play Chester at home, we lost 2-3, Matt Haywood had a stinker and Alan Buckley was relieved of his duties. Hopefully, I will witness a much happier scenario on Saturday.

That was the game where Ellison scored a brilliant hat trick for them wasn't it? 3 quality finishes that were ultimately responsible for Buckley's sacking. (Wasn't it 3-1 btw?)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 253
Abdul19
April 10, 2014, 10:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
It would've been 3-2 if that useless twat Boshell hadn't put a penalty wide in injury time

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 253
barralad
April 10, 2014, 10:54pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Tom13
I think another point worth making is that with important games against play-off rivals Halifax and Alfreton coming up, we couldn't rest the players for those games and thus they need to be fresh for those games. Tonight is possibly the best game to rest 10 players, because losing it means we haven't lost when others are possibly winning as we would on Saturday, and losing the games against Alfreton/Halifax would mean they have gained 3 points on us.

Basically, although PH can't really admit it, perhaps he's being a bit cute here and deciding which game to change all the players and therefore decide which game he wants to lose. (I appreciate it doesn't guarantee winning the other games, but it would probably give us a fresher team against the better teams, which we will definitely need I think.)

Now why couldn't I have written that succinctly..Great post

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 253
Guest User
Quoted from barralad

The way I see it is that at some point PH was going to have to take a risk given the sheer number of games facing Town. I think everyone would agree that Halifax isn't the game to do it in which leaves tonight or Saturday. Whilst Saturday looks a very good option, the great unknown is what effect Tuesday's game had on those who played and what effect travelling down to Dartford would have had on those players. Had Tuesday's players with maybe one or two changes gone out there tonight and not performed (there was absolutely no guarantee that they would have done so) we could have been looking at playing Saturday with our first team players even more knackered and the same need to win-with Halifax waiting on Tuesday. At least resting tonight gives those players a fighting chance of being able to do their bit-again-not only on Saturday but next Tuesday as well. I wouldn't want to have been the manager having to think his way through that one. A final point-many on here have sung the praises (and rightly so) of most the players who played tonight with several of the more vociferous stating that their particular favourite should be in the best starting XI. If this is the case then exactly how much of a weakened team was it? Obviously I wasn't there but it doesn't sound as though many who listened on the radio thought much of the performance-.....
This whole ridiculous situation has been created by the intransigence of the management of this league and the unwillingness of Dartford (unsurprisingly given their position) to play the game at a time more beneficial to us.

Very good points.
Reply: 225 - 253
barralad
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Tom13
I think another point worth making is that with important games against play-off rivals Halifax and Alfreton coming up, we couldn't rest the players for those games and thus they need to be fresh for those games. Tonight is possibly the best game to rest 10 players, because losing it means we haven't lost when others are possibly winning as we would on Saturday, and losing the games against Alfreton/Halifax would mean they have gained 3 points on us.

Basically, although PH can't really admit it, perhaps he's being a bit cute here and deciding which game to change all the players and therefore decide which game he wants to lose. (I appreciate it doesn't guarantee winning the other games, but it would probably give us a fresher team against the better teams, which we will definitely need I think.)

Now why couldn't I have written that succinctly..Great post

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 253
Tom13
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from Abdul19
It would've been 3-2 if that useless twat Boshell hadn't put a penalty wide in injury time

Completely wiped that penalty from my mind, did that definitely happen?!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 253
Teestogreen
April 10, 2014, 11:01pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Tom13

That was the game where Ellison scored a brilliant hat trick for them wasn't it? 3 quality finishes that were ultimately responsible for Buckley's sacking. (Wasn't it 3-1 btw?)

Without looking. I thought Ellison scored 2 and it was 2-3 but Ellison' s goals were stunning - but I always remember Haywood stuffed by him

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 253
Grimal
April 10, 2014, 11:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,878
Gold Stars: 9
Looking on the Dartfords Forum last night the general feeling was they would get something out of tonights game,saying they expect our players to have tired legs after tuesday nights game.They thought Suarez would cause problems against our defence late on in the game with his pace. Don't think they were expecting the 11 we put out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 253
26 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.