Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 79 Guests

Match thread

This thread currently has 29,182 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
April 10, 2014, 11:09pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,468
Gold Stars: 115
The FA Trophy cost us that game. Had it been played on the original date (I think it was postponed because of the Trophy) we'd probably have got three points a) because of playing our normal team, b) Dartford were worse then before they got their loan players.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 230 - 253
Grimal
April 10, 2014, 11:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,878
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Tom13

That was the game where Ellison scored a brilliant hat trick for them wasn't it? 3 quality finishes that were ultimately responsible for Buckley's sacking. (Wasn't it 3-1 btw?)

Ellison won't be playing on Saturday,will he ?.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 253
Teestogreen
April 10, 2014, 11:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Well - according to BBC Football - we've had 9 shots, they've had 5: 2 were on target for them and 5 were on target for us. This is far better than the previous 4 away games. So if Rodman had played in this team??!!

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 253
FishOutOfWater
April 10, 2014, 11:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Teestogreen

Very good point Salford Mariner - I totally agree - PH i.m.o. has not overlooked this. The last time I saw Grimsby play Chester at home, we lost 2-3, Matt Haywood had a stinker and Alan Buckley was relieved of his duties. Hopefully, I will witness a much happier scenario on Saturday.

It was a 3-1 defeat actually and if my memory serves me correctly we had about 85% possession but had no cutting edge and a dodgy defender or two

I just hope that we make a good start on Saturday because if Chester come with a game plan to frustrate the team, they won't be the only ones who become frustrated and terrace tensions could mean we send a negative atmosphere out to our players and we end up with another Welling, Southport or Hereford scenario
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 233 - 253
lowerfindus
April 10, 2014, 11:16pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Simple fact is its time for shorty to deliver a playoff place and from what's gone on this week so far the pressure is telling on him.

Nothing less than a convincing victory is really good enough especially with tricky games v Halifax and Alfreton and not to forget our annual humbling by Braintree last match.

I really don't see this ending well. It feels very lutonesque.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 253
UTFM
April 10, 2014, 11:19pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +23
Quoted from jonnyboy82

We should never be happy losing at places like that,  some might say thats arrogance but I dont see it that way I see it as not being happy as a fan of a club with a big budget in this league

Please. No one is happy we lost, so stop acting like that's the case. Some folks just don't view this particular loss as the end of the world, especially if there is a benefit to having more fit players for the next few games (including against teams who are close to us in the playoff hunt).

And, just to prep you in advance... Town will lose "at places like that" next year, and the year after that, and the year after that. We've lost at such places virtually every year in our history, and will so again. And no Town fan will be happy about that. But, how about a little faith and perspective? Please?

"It is about Mike Parker taking over the club with an equally rich Icelandic business partner called Skarphedin Berg Steinarsson." (Career Underdogs)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 253
Grimal
April 10, 2014, 11:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,878
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Teestogreen
Well - according to BBC Football - we've had 9 shots, they've had 5: 2 were on target for them and 5 were on target for us. This is far better than the previous 4 away games. So if Rodman had played in this team??!!

If's and but's , onward and upward ,bring on Chester,we will be ready for them with a refreshed 1st team. UTM.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 253
Tom13
April 10, 2014, 11:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from Grimal

Ellison won't be playing on Saturday,will he ?.

Thankfully for us no haha!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 253
Tom13
April 10, 2014, 11:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from Teestogreen

Without looking. I thought Ellison scored 2 and it was 2-3 but Ellison' s goals were stunning - but I always remember Haywood stuffed by him

Just checked, it was 3-1 with an Ellison hat trick and North got our goal. Turns out Abdul was right about the penalty as well!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/7602068.stm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 253
April 11, 2014, 12:00am
Guest User
Completely understand the team selection. I expect Saturday to be the 'Woking team' and next Tuesday
to be (more or less) the same Dartford team.

PH believes 2 wins will see us into the play-offs (I reckon so too) and we've home games against Chester
and Hyde to come. So no big risk playing the side we did tonight, and it makes sense to rest the other X.

Think PH has got more balls/sense/patience than a few on here.
We could easily have got a good point or a great three, but it wasn't for us tonight. That's football...?...
Reply: 239 - 253
26 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.