3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
April 16, 2014, 10:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
I like Disley but would have to say some of his performances of late haven't been the best, however all four midfielders were poor in my opnion last night even Nielson who normally would be one of my first names on the team sheet.

Kerr's corners and free kicks were very poor and Colbeck, well what can I say, from the first time I saw him play I haven't rated him and last night we may as well have played with 10 men.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
LH
April 16, 2014, 10:28am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,534
Gold Stars: 173
I wouldn't even say fitness was an issue last night. As people have said they had more desire to win the game. Their lads are potentially 6 games from giving up their day jobs and becoming full time professional footballers. I don't think theres anyone on here who wouldn't run themselves into the ground to be able to do that!
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
denni266
April 16, 2014, 10:34am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from LH
I wouldn't even say fitness was an issue last night. As people have said they had more desire to win the game. Their lads are potentially 6 games from giving up their day jobs and becoming full time professional footballers. I don't think theres anyone on here who wouldn't run themselves into the ground to be able to do that!

A very valid point,, but the same could be said in reverse.. many of the town players could be 3 games away from finding a day job,, And one that involves more than a few hours actuall work every week instead of 2/3 hours a day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
April 16, 2014, 10:38am
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

Kerr's corners and free kicks were very poor and Colbeck, well what can I say, from the first time I saw him play I haven't rated him and last night we may as well have played with 10 men.

Alan Buckley said on RH, around midway through the 2nd half, that somebody in the team should go up to Kerr
and say "Let someone else take this corner/free kick" (because his had been cr@p all match).

I suggest that somebody ought to be the captain.

Reply: 23 - 25
Garth
April 16, 2014, 10:53am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from 142[b
]I like Disley [/b]but would have to say some of his performances of late haven't been the best, however all four midfielders were poor in my opnion last night even Nielson who normally would be one of my first names on the team sheet.

This, problem is its a long season for 30 year old midfielders and perhaps Thanoj and Paddy would be a better choice for the next two games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
Perkins
April 16, 2014, 10:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
I don't really see what difference a captain makes, except for the toss up and tradition. Not many so called captains spur teams on these days, given that players usually adhere to a game plan (if they have one) . Can't think of many skippers that lead from the front these days unless your Gerrard of course. Although I am not a Kerr fan, he does seem to give more orders on the field than Disley.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Disley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.