4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
April 18, 2014, 8:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Stop press...footballer makes comment and suddenly fans automatically assume it is aimed at them.

So what if it was a little dig, sadly there are town fans that from the first minute moan, groan and just generally don't support the side or so it seems.

Yes we've all had a moan and been drunk off with the team for whatever reason but some seem hell bent on doing it all the time.

Too many fans prepared to give it out but as soon as it comes back at them they don't like it, similar to what happened with Betsy the other week.

I look forward to away games much more at present because I know that every single person there wants us to win and actually supports the team...may be some could try this at BP

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
ginnywings
April 18, 2014, 9:30am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,148
Gold Stars: 548
Yeah, but they hardly ever lose away from home, so there's not much to complain about. Based on home form we would be 16th in the table. Based on away form we would be 2nd.

I bet you were all ecstatic when we got pasted at places like Braintree and Halifax, and didn't confront the management and players in the Car Park at all.

The fact is that the teams bread and butter is at home, and at home they are terrible. Every single person at BP wants them to win too i imagine, and the crowd get frustrated when fail to beat rivals again and again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
gtfc82
April 18, 2014, 10:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Pointless tweet, comparing Town with Everton. Everton consistently play well and are doing better than expected against teams with much bigger budgets!
Town have one of the highest budgets in the Conference, yet continually flatter to deceive with poor performances and look like they might just about make the play offs!
Can't he see the difference?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
Bruce Springsteen
April 18, 2014, 9:46pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
Scott Kerr wants to concentrate on having a bit more of an impact on games.  A real dissapointment for me this season.

Not as good as Thanoj
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
FishOutOfWater
April 19, 2014, 1:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Sounds like there are plenty waiting to pounce on Kerr if his performance isn't up to scratch on Monday  

For just one day, I'm hoping maybe everyone might just get behind the team and see us get the three points without chuntering and criticising if there's a misplaced pass etc

I'm sure Scott Kerr (and a few others) have it in their make up to know what to do if things aren't going their way but fans getting on the backs of our own players isn't going to make them play any better.

That has to come from within the players own psyche, being driven on to do better if they're having a bad time..

Kerr to me seems the sort of person / player who can stand the knocks out on the pitch but being human, he's also taken to giving a bit back via Twitter to those who think they can get away with negativity without consequences for their jibes

The perfect response of course would be for him to put in M-O-M performances everyt time but even then there'd be some on his back...it's the nature of some fans to never be content and to try and belittle some of their own players. I just don't get that...
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 36
oldun
April 19, 2014, 3:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Scott's attitude on the pitch is spot on, he is a winner, he is a strong voice in the team, he is experienced  he tries to play constructive football. Unfortunately he is needing too much time on the ball sometimes these days as the years catch up with him. Until recently his corners and set pieces were very good, but for some reason he has struggled with this recently too. He is still a very important part of the squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
BIGChris
April 19, 2014, 7:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from oldun
Scott's attitude on the pitch is spot on, he is a winner, he is a strong voice in the team, he is experienced  he tries to play constructive football. Unfortunately he is needing too much time on the ball sometimes these days as the years catch up with him. Until recently his corners and set pieces were very good, but for some reason he has struggled with this recently too. He is still a very important part of the squad.

Agree 100% with the first sentence.

I am maybe the only one who felt his corners against Halifax weren't as bad as people made out. The main problem IMO was that we had nobody 'blocking' the keeper. Usually LJL stands on him and stops him coming through the crowd to collect the crossed ball on Tuesday we parted and let the keeper come and collect
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scott Kerr

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.