3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
NorthseaMariner
April 24, 2014, 12:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
Well, what do with think of the new stadium? How do they manage to get things sorted so easily, whilst we struggle for 20 years?
Logged Offline
Private Message
JoeTheMariner
April 24, 2014, 1:16pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +52
Don't worry, it'll be another terrible ground for them. It looks soulless and half-arsed. Plus the huge gap between the seating and the roof won't create any atmosphere. In my opinion, it's a sparkly new Glumford.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
GrimRob
April 24, 2014, 1:18pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Scunny and Hull having new grounds will hopefully help ours get the necessary planning permission when it eventually gets to that stage

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 25
brigg_mariner
April 24, 2014, 1:38pm

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from GrimRob
Scunny and Hull having new grounds will hopefully help ours get the necessary planning permission when it eventually gets to that stage

I thought that too, I just don't think it will be in the next 10 years, hope that I am wrong.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
BIGChris
April 24, 2014, 1:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Well, what do with think of the new stadium? How do they manage to get things sorted so easily, whilst we struggle for 20 years?

IMO the biggest obstacle are the Councillors who continue to hold back the area despite opportunities to bring Grimsby and surrounding area's kicking and screaming into the 21st century. Not just regarding the ground issue, but they appear hell bent on looking for reasons why things shouldn't be done rather in how obstacles can be overcome.

All local Town fans should be asking questions of their prospective councillors for the forthcoming elections to see if they have an open mind about the feasibility study, or have already made their minds up to object, even before they know what they are objecting to.

If the ground issue is important to you, then ask the question, and vote accordingly
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
rancido
April 24, 2014, 1:44pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,607
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from GrimRob

Can't think that would make a difference - they have different councils to us.They seem to have councils that look to the future while ours can only see the past! Even a lot of our fans don't want to leave BP. It's not as if we have a decent ground with a great atmosphere. BP is a relic of a bygone age and the sooner it is gone the better but I can't see this happening in this economic climate and especially with this council.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
Jarmo.Is.God
April 24, 2014, 2:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I Think its spot on.

hope we get one similar soon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
DocTower
April 24, 2014, 2:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Their ground is on a prime retail site , so don't know how much they will get for it . Sad thing is their crowds are very poor for a team in their position . Twelve thousand seater stadium only a quarter full moving further away from the town .

That said , progressive chairman , council for the move to bring more retail into that area . Ashby high street is dieing so shops will move there into a village style complex .

What have we got ? Super new pathway already falling apart , a bus station and a one way system of chaos . Failure to bring investment into the town , but we have got " Skint " to look forward to .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
Trawler
April 24, 2014, 3:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Quoted from DocTower

What have we got ? Super new pathway already falling apart , a bus station and a one way system of chaos . Failure to bring investment into the town , but we have got " Skint " to look forward to .

You forgot the super slippy fally over and then sandpapery leg gashing new leisure centre pool side floor.

On the plus side off shore wind investment in the Town is promising and we're getting a new cinema complex to boot.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
Martz86
April 24, 2014, 4:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +129
Gold Stars: 1
Another cinema venue? What a waste of money, don't even fill the current one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
oldun
April 24, 2014, 5:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Their current site is prime retail land with M & S and Debenhams wanting to open stores in that area.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
FishOutOfWater
April 24, 2014, 5:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from oldun
Their current site is prime retail land with M & S and Debenhams wanting to open stores in that area.

They'll no doubt attract more punters there on a Saturday than the Iron could to their tin shed
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 25
Marinerz93
April 24, 2014, 5:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Their new ground will be a vast improvement on their last sardine tin.  It's just strange that someone as dynamic as Swann appears to be, that he jumps into bed with such a poorly supported club.

It takes great skill, cunning and a certain ruthlessness to make your plans come to fruition when certain personalities are resistant to positive change.  

Who ever replaces our limpet of an MP, I hope he/she lives locally and gets on board with our hope of a new ground.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
moosey_club
April 24, 2014, 7:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,274
Gold Stars: 226
Makes no difference what the council thinks does it? We dont have the finance or a backer for a ground last i heard so how will planning be an issue??

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
chaos33
April 24, 2014, 7:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,969
Gold Stars: 360
I think it looks good and I'm more than a little bit jealous and angry.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
Running like emson
April 25, 2014, 9:10am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from chaos33
I think it looks good and I'm more than a little bit jealous and angry.

Agree with you, seeing the new stadium designs made we very jealous indeed. No restricted views, now there's something
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
grimps
April 25, 2014, 9:43am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
How the hell poxy Scunthorpe can have two brand new stadiums and we are still waiting for one says it all  
This council has never been a friend of GTFC and we should start to make it known ,There will be more than a few hundred Town fans in each ward so if we could field a candidate against each Councillor that has hindered us over the years they would soon change their tune  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
GiveUsAG
April 25, 2014, 1:53pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
A lot of people (including some of our own fans) are against the move from Blundell park because we rarely fill it and believe we don't 'need' a new stadium.

I believe we do, Blundell park is old and outdated. Has limited parking and a lack of facilities. Didn't they say that we're losing money because of the maintenance costs? Or is costing way too much in maintenance? And because there's a lack of food and drink outlets in the ground, we're losing out on potential income?

But I fear for as long as there is so many against the idea of a new stadium, we'll be stuck at Blundell park for some time to come yet. I think there's more who are 'against' a new stadium than there is 'for' a new stadium.

Whereas Scunny, Boston and Hull have had more of a backing.

Sorry if this comes across as a negative point of view.

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
grimps
April 25, 2014, 2:15pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from GiveUsAG
A lot of people (including some of our own fans) are against the move from Blundell park because we rarely fill it and believe we don't 'need' a new stadium.

I believe we do, Blundell park is old and outdated. Has limited parking and a lack of facilities. Didn't they say that we're losing money because of the maintenance costs? Or is costing way too much in maintenance? And because there's a lack of food and drink outlets in the ground, we're losing out on potential income?

But I fear for as long as there is so many against the idea of a new stadium, we'll be stuck at Blundell park for some time to come yet. I think there's more who are 'against' a new stadium than there is 'for' a new stadium.

I dont believe that more fans are against than for ! Everyone I speak to understands and wants a new ground apart from the few nimbys and a few more soon to be unemployed Councillors
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
GiveUsAG
April 25, 2014, 2:32pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimps

I dont believe that more fans are against than for ! Everyone I speak to understands and wants a new ground apart from the few nimbys and a few more soon to be unemployed Councillors

It's just how it seems to me, I didn't mean to be so negative about it. It's just my opinion. I really hope we do get a new stadium soon.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 25, 2014, 2:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,886
Gold Stars: 178
I think you make a valid argument.

There are always going to be those who don't like change. But, we NEED change

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
Bruce Springsteen
April 25, 2014, 9:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
so in 30 years they have managed something to do something twice, and we cant do it once!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
BIGChris
April 26, 2014, 1:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Quoted from GiveUsAG

Sorry if this comes across as a negative point of view.

Recent survey showed a massive 93% were in favour of a ground move so it is a tiny number who want to stay at BP which frankly will ensure the club can never be sustainable
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Rick12
April 26, 2014, 2:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
They previewed the proposed new stadia today on football focus.Looks impressive to be fair though surprising there going for a new one considering Glanford Park is not that old.Hope we get ours soon in the not to distant future because as much as I love Blundell Park it would be nice to have a new ground.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
mariner2000
April 26, 2014, 2:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +165
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from JoeTheMariner
Don't worry, it'll be another terrible ground for them. It looks soulless and half-arsed. Plus the huge gap between the seating and the roof won't create any atmosphere. In my opinion, it's a sparkly new Glumford.

Well all I would say is if thats an 18 million stadium what do you think we'll get for what we are willing to pay!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 24 - 25
GiveUsAG
April 26, 2014, 3:41pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from BIGChris

Recent survey showed a massive 93% were in favour of a ground move so it is a tiny number who want to stay at BP which frankly will ensure the club can never be sustainable

Ah fair enough.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Scunts new Stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.