Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sunderland game off?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 240 Guests

Sunderland game off?

This thread currently has 7,943 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
July 12, 2014, 10:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,424
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from northbankmariner
I would rather see the fixture scrapped completely than play sunder lands youth team with a few reserves thrown in. What are we going to learn about our squad if it goes ahead? At short notice I am sure we could hastily arrange a game, even against a championship standard full reserve side would be a better option and a sterner test. Diss appointed but no one will be interested in the Sunderland debacle any more

I do sympathise with your point, I am playing the devil's advocate really but wasn't this League 3 idea that we basically play exactly this sort of team several times a season? If Sunderland played their first team it would be Men v Boys. The main purpose of pre-season is to give both sides a competitive game. Many of Sunderland's reserves would probably walk straght into our team.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 49
forza ivano
July 13, 2014, 12:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,212
Gold Stars: 265
Sunder lands youth team will prob be too good for us  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
ginnywings
July 13, 2014, 6:58am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
It was never going to be Sunderlands first team or anything approaching it. It's all about money in the Prem and they go on Far Eastern tours nowadays so they can sell a few shirts. Nothing in it financially for them to come here and that is the bottom line, more's the pity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
July 13, 2014, 7:29am
Guest User
I think it was an agreement by Di Canio who obviously left the club but you'd have thought the details would have been between the respective chief executives so it's poor from Sunderland in my opinion. That said, it's not as if they have proper stars we're going to miss out on. I agree with the concensus, tell em to shove their youth team once we've something else in place.
Reply: 23 - 49
Grantham_Mariner
July 13, 2014, 7:57am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,192
Gold Stars: 51
We can play (and beat) their first team in the 3rd Rd Replay of the FA Cup after holding them to a 0-0 draw at the Stadium of Light. Loads of money! Revenge will be sweet

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
ginnywings
July 13, 2014, 8:23am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 75
I think it was an agreement by Di Canio who obviously left the club but you'd have thought the details would have been between the respective chief executives so it's poor from Sunderland in my opinion. That said, it's not as if they have proper stars we're going to miss out on. I agree with the concensus, tell em to shove their youth team once we've something else in place.

Was before Di Canio. Martin O'Neill was manager at the time i think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 13, 2014, 10:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from grimsby pete

I have spoken to the manager of Diss and he knows nothing about a friendly at Grimsby.

You got in Ely with that one  

Just realised its in Cambridgeshire!!!!!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
grimps
July 13, 2014, 12:44pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,130
Gold Stars: 46
I knew this was the case the other day as a couple of Sunderland lads I work with told me they knew nothing about this game.
I think GTFC are probably aware of this but just don't want to publicise it so it dosnt effect the gate too much.
copulated if im going to watch a load of stiffs play
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
oldun
July 26, 2014, 8:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Think about it why would Sunderland send first team players to play a game at Grimsby at this stage of pre-season. It should always gave been billed as a Sunderland XI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
Mariner21
July 26, 2014, 8:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
Prices at £10 is ridiculous. The club really are out of touch. They haven't even done kids for a quid this pre season.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sunderland game off?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.