6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
barralad
July 19, 2014, 11:02pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Managed to see the first half last night (Don't ask!). The middle-aged Matlock fan sat three along from me asked who our number 9 was (after he'd failed to beat the keeper in virtual one on ones for the third time). When told it was Ironside he said we'd be better off with Detective Ironside complete with wheelchair. (You do have to be a certain age to appreciate that comment.....)

First impressions:- Brown looks the business. Plenty of running, good tackling and decent passing on display...

The scorer of their first goal will NEVER score that good a goal again if he lives to be 100. Our new found Matlock friend nearly had a coronary...

Neilson took his goal very well.

We still don't shoot anywhere near often enough for me...

Very few crosses put into the box...

*Disclaimer* I didn't see Mackreth's stint so that may not be the case for the full game.

Agree with those who said it was a lovely ground. Far better IMHO than several of the teams in our league i.e. Welling, Braintree, Alfreton..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 52
nickmariners
July 19, 2014, 11:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from barralad
Managed to see the first half last night (Don't ask!). The middle-aged Matlock fan sat three along from me asked who our number 9 was (after he'd failed to beat the keeper in virtual one on ones for the third time). When told it was Ironside he said we'd be better off with Detective Ironside complete with wheelchair. (You do have to be a certain age to appreciate that comment.....)

First impressions:- Brown looks the business. Plenty of running, good tackling and decent passing on display...

The scorer of their first goal will NEVER score that good a goal again if he lives to be 100. Our new found Matlock friend nearly had a coronary...

Neilson took his goal very well.

We still don't shoot anywhere near often enough for me...

Very few crosses put into the box...

*Disclaimer* I didn't see Mackreth's stint so that may not be the case for the full game.

Agree with those who said it was a lovely ground. Far better IMHO than several of the teams in our league i.e. Welling, Braintree, Alfreton..

You could have kept the telly banter going + told him "well I came to Matlock under the impression it was a 1980s US drama about a campaigning attorney. And turns out it's just a tiny town up a hill in the midlands".

int that right, Kojak m8?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 52
barralad
July 19, 2014, 11:22pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from nickmariners

You could have kept the telly banter going + told him "well I came to Matlock under the impression it was a 1980s US drama about a campaigning attorney. And turns out it's just a tiny town up a hill in the midlands".

int that right, Kojak m8?

Well over my head never mind his....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC v Matlock match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.