Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Roar!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 222 Guests

The Roar!

This thread currently has 1,735 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
marinerjase
July 29, 2014, 11:35am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,653
Gold Stars: 147
Definitely in the Osmond end. Well I watched it from there with Town fans anyway

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
Rodley Mariner
July 29, 2014, 11:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I agree that Fulham game was an amazing atmosphere. Going back a bit further I remember a game against Bristol City at Blundell Park when we were on a run of 5 or 6 wins - think it may have been when Dave Beasant was on loan. We went 1-0 down (to an Andy Cole goal?), equalised and then got a late, late winner via a massive deflection and I remember the Pontoon going absolutely mad. Would love to see it if anybody knows of any highlights?

Beating Scunny 2-1 under Buckley in his first spell it was rocking as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNbLr0HUSgg
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
horsforthmariner
July 29, 2014, 11:37am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,626
Gold Stars: 9
Norwich at home in the FA cup (98 I think) we were on great run anyway - they were a league above us and we absolutely battered them. Years later I became friends with a Norwich fan who was at the game when I mentioned it he just shuddered.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 29, 2014, 11:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
On the flip side, a kiddy steward said that he hadn't known such an atmosphere or noise from an away team for a long time after our game last season

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
July 29, 2014, 12:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
On the flip side, a kiddy steward said that he hadn't known such an atmosphere or noise from an away team for a long time after our game last season

I heard the same. Also heard similar comments from staff and fans at Cambridge. And apparently Alfreton, Nuneaton and Barnet fans and staff all said the same. Its strange how we made real noise going to all those place but when we played Lincoln I thought the atmosphere was poor.
Reply: 14 - 15
samg
July 29, 2014, 12:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
Has to be the Exeter game for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Roar!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.