Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst time officially now up
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 119 Guests

Hurst time officially now up

This thread currently has 15,983 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Nelly GTFC
August 16, 2014, 6:43pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,755
Gold Stars: 31
Too early to tell, Luton played mediocre at the start of last season and look where they are now.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 169
timmo
August 16, 2014, 6:46pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +58
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Too early to tell, Luton played mediocre at the start of last season and look where they are now.

yeah, but I don't feel PH has it in him to 'turn this around' (if that's the right phase)

Timmo
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 169
jonnyboy82
August 16, 2014, 6:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen
Over to you Fenty

Has to be sacked, and sacked tonight

no more excuses 2 points from Dover and Nuneaton at home shows we are going nowhere

Far too much of a good idea to ever happen at grimsby town.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 169
jonnyboy82
August 16, 2014, 6:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Maringer
It's only a week ago that we were laughing at Huddersfield for sacking Robins after one match of the season. Now people are seriously saying we should sack Hurst after three drawn matches? Ridiculous.

However, it must be said that it was a pretty dire performance today. I was surprised that we played with 3 at the back as I really don't think we have the players available to perform in this formation. Neither Boyce nor Nsiala is much good on the ball so this led to way too many hacks upfield. Probably Boyce's worst game for us I'd say and he was incredibly lucky that McKeown was able to save that penalty at the death as it was a ridiculous penalty to concede as there was no danger. Nsiala made a few good tackles but most were recovery tackles because he'd been caught badly out of position. I hope to see a big improvement from him this season as he's not been too good so far. Pearson slotted back in very well and was probably my man of the match which doesn't say a lot for the team's performance.

For me, the biggest disappointment today was how poor our central midfield pairing were. How on Earth was Brown awarded Man of the Match? He was poor today - barely in the game, not even bothering to challenge for headers and our passing from and through midfield from him and the others was poor. Heaven only knows how he managed to miss the open goal near the end - a certain player in our team would have been crucified for that miss, but it doesn't seem to be worth much mention on here. Clay tried hard but is distinctly average and really doesn know what to do when he finds himself in a wide position. Disley blew hot and cold a lot today as well.

Magnay tried his hardest from wing-back but, with the best will in the world, he's never going to be a great attacker. On the other side, Paddy showed he's not a defender as he was caught out of position a fair bit against their quick winger and his lack of pace didn't help. I don't put all the blame on him for their equaliser as he did at least put a challenge in but it was simply pathetic that the other two defenders took themselves out of the game by just standing in completely the wrong position.

Up front, LJL worked hard as usual and did OK I thought, especially as Connell was mostly invisible once again. Did LJL's shot just hit the post or did the keeper get fingertips on it as well? Should have done better with his header a few seconds later though when he beat the keeper to the ball. Pittman a big improvement when he came on with some pace and aggression so let's hope he can stay fit. Not sure if we'll see too much more of Connell now as three games of doing nothing must surely be enough for us to decide he's not worth keeping.

I just hope that the return of Nielsen, Hannah, Arnold and Mackreth can spur us on and give us some pep that we were so badly lacking today.

Or in other words your papering over the cracks and don't want to believe the truth which is we ain't getting out this league with Paul in charge.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 169
MuddyWaters
August 16, 2014, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from timmo

yeah, but I don't feel PH has it in him to 'turn this around' (if that's the right phase)

Timmo
UTM

Agree, how could he leave Winfarrah out after all he said about him in the week?
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 169
Mariners_15
August 16, 2014, 7:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Totally despondent after that. The worst thing is we look like we haven't progressed from last season. Not going to write too much but it's time for a change IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 169
cleefish
August 16, 2014, 7:09pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from denni266
Trouble is that he has signed proven goal scorers, and as soon as they pull a shirt on they stop scoring,, got to be down to the way we play , and that is down to the manager,, He has to go  And NOW

I agree 100% he as no ider must go now I am  not spending any more cash whiled he is still, here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 169
louth_in_the_south
August 16, 2014, 7:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Let's face it . We 're shite and always will be . We occasionally have good managers who know what they're doing like mcmenemy, Kerr and Buckley . The rest of the time we're led by muppets and won't do fook all .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 169
rancido
August 16, 2014, 7:17pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,619
Gold Stars: 96
I don't understand why he left Winnfarah out after his performance on Tuesday. If PH sees Toto and Pearson as our strongest centre-back pairing then he should have dropped Boyce for Pearson and still played Winnfarah at left-back. The whole set-up was lop-sided. I also don't see Connell as the answer to our striker needs as he didn't impress me on Tuesday or today. Just before we scored PH was about to bring Makreth on but decided not to when we scored. Surely this was the right time to bring him on and give the Dover defence more to think about after going a goal down. Another thing I noticed was that nearly all of the game PH was consulting with Dave Moore and not Doig. Surely the Assistant Manager is the person who the manager should consult and bounce ideas off?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 169
cmackenzie4
August 16, 2014, 7:19pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
How long is Connell with us for?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 169
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst time officially now up

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.