Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 126 Guests

Team for Gateshead

This thread currently has 8,294 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
August 18, 2014, 10:22pm
Guest User
Oh sorry just seen yours salford....

Bignot, Mackreth, (or Arnold), Hannah all come in !

I make that 3.5 players (over one third !) you're "tinkering" with !

FFS stop "tinkering" !!!!!    
Reply: 20 - 101
Abdul19
August 18, 2014, 10:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,565
Gold Stars: 217
Nothing to lose? PH has a job to lose.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 101
August 18, 2014, 10:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from pizzzza

Two weeks into a new season and you're talking about rotating a whole team because they have to play two games in three days?

If you replace them one at a time you could be there til Xmas !

I don't know how (strong) Hurst will go...
But if he goes full strength at Heed and we lost (no guarantees !) where would his job (or we) be when faced with the daunting prospect of fielding a team (the same one that lost but now knackered ?) on Monday ?

For me, we need the WHOLE squad "up to speed"  asap.
Gotta play them sometime !
We could go full strength/unchanged at Heed and still lose anyway - can't get a bigger disaster than that !
Reply: 22 - 101
Stevie Saunders
August 18, 2014, 10:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
He will go....

Macca

Magnay, Toto, Pearson, Paddy (or new loanee - what a load of bollo*ks - I'd have no hesitation in picking Winfarrah)
Mackreth, Brown, Disley, Neillson,
Pittman, LJL

Subs: Connell, Arnold, Hannah, Paddy, Bignot

NB: Wouldn't surprise me if he goes 3-5-2 again

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 101
August 18, 2014, 10:32pm
Guest User
Quoted from 120797
Oh sorry just seen yours salford....

Bignot, Mackreth, (or Arnold), Hannah all come in !

I make that 3.5 players (over one third !) you're "tinkering" with !

FFS stop "tinkering" !!!!!    

3v10 changes! Slight difference mate!
Reply: 24 - 101
lew chaterleys lover
August 18, 2014, 10:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,731
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from chaos33
4-3-3 is Mills' preferred shape and if you believe that 'matching up' is a good strategy away from home, then it's worth considering. Key things is - 'when not in posession, get in position'.

To give an insight into Mills' philosophy, he likes to tell his players, in that formation, that the back 5 (defenders plus 'sitting' midfielder) are there to prevent him from losing the game, and the front 5 (who's positions are interchangeable) are there to win him the game. They must then 'play' freely but remain mindful of two principal things - shape, and not to needlessly gamble or squander posession. That's why you'll never see Gateshead trying some of the balls and 'passes' (hopeful channel punts) that we do.

That is interesting to hear about Mills.

I wonder why we have found it virtually impossible to get a manager of his calibre in the last few years?

I mean we are talking of Gateshead;no history, no crowds,no long term league future I don't think.

How come we cannot make the right choice in the most important position of all?

If in the end Paul Hurst isn't quite up to it, why can't we go out and sell this football club to the man we want?

Is it that managers know which clubs to steer clear of regardless of their history/potential?

Even if our recruitment process isn't very good (clearly) decent managers must be tempted surely?

Just what is the problem????    
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 101
chaos33
August 18, 2014, 10:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,938
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from pizzzza

Two weeks into a new season and you're talking about rotating a whole team because they have to play two games in three days?

Quite. Nuts I know. And, or course, asking a left sided forward to play right midfield (unenforced) and not rotating the most out of form, weakest and most tired/unfit looking striker, even though other contracted forwards are newly available and eager/in need of game time to get back up to speed.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 101
August 18, 2014, 10:36pm
Guest User
Anyway it's not a full team it's 7

By the way you say "rotating a whole team"
In reality, it's not "changing for the sake of it", it's simply getting those not yet involved match fit
Reply: 27 - 101
August 18, 2014, 10:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33
Quite. Nuts I know. And, or course, asking a left footed forward to play right wing (unenforced) and not rotating the most out of form, weakest and most tired/unfit looking striker to continue, even though other contracted strikers are newly available.

Oh look it's Mr picky negative, part of the super 6 I guess !

For the record, he's not just a forward, he's a winger and most wingers are versatile regards side because they can CUT IN. (which may even be useful if he's also a "forward" !)
But yeah, stick him on the left side like he played at Gainsborough (if you really want !) and swap Neilson over.

Oh yeah, and let's see YOUR team too matey !

Reply: 28 - 101
Stew0_0
August 18, 2014, 10:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 35
                     McKeown

Boyce        Toto         Pearson        Magnay (Rodman generally cuts in with his right, which means
                                                                          he'd be attacking Magnays stronger right foot )

Brown

Disley                McLaughlin

Neilsen

Arnold           Pittman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Gateshead

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.