Abdul19
August 20, 2014, 12:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,574
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Maringer
So Scunny are bottom of their League after three defeats, but that doesn't count because they are higher up the pyramid than us?

Strange viewpoint as you can only play in the League in which you are competing.

Does anybody seriously think the Scunny fans will be thinking, "Oh we may be bottom of the table, losing every game this season, but at least we're two divisions higher than Grimsby"?

Any Scunny fan that is thinking this is a bloody idiot.

Funny you should say that. When we got battered 8-1 at Hartlepool I definitely remember thinking, 'oh well, at least we're not in the Conference' and I immediately cheered up and walked out of the ground chuckling.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
MuddyWaters
August 20, 2014, 12:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,267
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Maringer
So Scunny are bottom of their League after three defeats, but that doesn't count because they are higher up the pyramid than us?

Strange viewpoint as you can only play in the League in which you are competing.

Does anybody seriously think the Scunny fans will be thinking, "Oh we may be bottom of the table, losing every game this season, but at least we're two divisions higher than Grimsby"?

Any Scunny fan that is thinking this is a bloody idiot.

Well I'd far rather be bottom of League 1 (with a new stadium on the way) than in the poxy Bananarama Premier shithole!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
August 23, 2014, 1:12am
Guest User
Oh gawd !  

So what are we really saying here then ?
Anyone thinking about the past is always gonna be hacked off regardless of whether we're winning in the Conference ?

Quick !
Someone tell Hurst to dip into the market for that missing time machine or magic wand that gets us there right NOW !  

Me ?
I want to pull a sexy stunner at the weekend (like I used to decades ago) but accept it's none too easy.
Still, I don't feel sorry for myself thinking about better times of the past either.
Just gotta accept things, brush myself down and try and get on with it...
We live in hope !
Reply: 12 - 15
supertown
August 23, 2014, 2:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,459
Gold Stars: 53
If we buck up we could be in the same division next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
August 23, 2014, 6:18am
Guest User
Maybe we will be !
What's this magic solution we're missing ?
Hurst out = new man in = promotion ?
Can't say it's impossible but not yet convinced how or why it would probably be any better.
Reply: 14 - 15
cmackenzie4
August 23, 2014, 6:20am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Abdul19

Funny you should say that. When we got battered 8-1 at Hartlepool I definitely remember thinking, 'oh well, at least we're not in the Conference' and I immediately cheered up and walked out of the ground chuckling.

This post made me chuckle too, good work Abdul.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boyce

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.