5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Tommy
August 25, 2014, 9:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Yet another example of why you don't write a player off after seeing him play one game. Especially when it's a pre-season friendly.

Absolutely embarrassing all the crap that was spouted a few weeks ago.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
Rik e B
August 25, 2014, 10:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from Tommy
Yet another example of why you don't write a player off after seeing him play one game. Especially when it's a pre-season friendly.

Absolutely embarrassing all the crap that was spouted a few weeks ago.

This. Just crazy

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
Grimal
August 25, 2014, 11:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from ackomariner

Whs

I've just had a look in the Abbreviation dictionary and it say Whs  stands for,

Wanna have sex.    

If you don't believe me, take a look.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
BottesfordMariner
August 26, 2014, 1:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
In a great team performance yesterday and with a few contenders for MOTM i would give it to Clay. Again a very workmanlike display, was all over the park, rarely gave the ball away and always looking to move forward. 2 well taken goals were the icing on the cake but what really caught my eye was his ability to pick a pass and in particular to put a slide-rule ball to the  forwards to run onto.

Did it a couple of times and is the type of ball that cuts open defences and is what strikers dream of. Hearn for example would have thrived on that and would have scored 30+ goals a season , more often that not he had to play with his back to goal. Pittman, Hannah and LJL (and Connell) will also benefit from this. Brown also has this type of play in his locker. We have pace up front now with also mckreth, neilson and Arnold . Adds a new dimension to our play

Midfield looks as good as it has done for several seasons. Paddy and Dis add to the competition for places. Its only 2 wins but 2 great wins that  have showed what we can do...lets keep it going.

Pleased for Clay in particular after the negativity upon his arrival. Keep it up lad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
arryarryarry
August 26, 2014, 4:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,033
Gold Stars: 116
I personally think a few on this thread should publicly apologise for their comments.
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1406555224/s-new/

He has acquitted himself very well this season so far and deserves an apology

I cannot find if I commented but I have seen every game he has played including all the friendlies and have to say I haven't rated him, in fact in some he looked quite poor.

Yes he played very well against Alfreton but to get out of this shite league you need most of the players to play like they did yesterday in most games, playing the odd good game will not get us promoted.

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
oldun
August 26, 2014, 5:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I admit I did not see much in his game in the pre-season friendlies, but I have to say I was wrong. The young man showed on Monday he has everything in his locker. He has a good engine and never stopped working. His positional play was very good. Finds space and is always available to receive the ball. Does nothing flash but plays intelligent passes quickly and accurately. He also spots danger and closes the opposition down quickly. The goals were the icing on the cake, the run he made for his first was brilliant and he finished very well. He seems to have grown in confidence now PH has showed faith in him and put him in the team. Played like he intends to make it difficult to be left out. Keep it up Craig.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
LocalLadGTFC
August 26, 2014, 7:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,293
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from arryarryarry

I cannot find if I commented but I have seen every game he has played including all the friendlies and have to say I haven't rated him, in fact in some he looked quite poor.

Yes he played very well against Alfreton but to get out of this shite league you need most of the players to play like they did yesterday in most games, playing the odd good game will not get us promoted.

Not sure whether you went to Gateshead or not but he did it there aswell. Personally me think he'll be very important against the possesion based teams like Barnet. We always seem to play deep and I remember last season playing them and Kerr forcing our back four to push higher up and not just sit deep and allow them to have the ball and both our goals came from us pressing high up the pitch and winning the ball.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 40
arryarryarry
August 26, 2014, 8:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,033
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Not sure whether you went to Gateshead or not but he did it there aswell. Personally me think he'll be very important against the possesion based teams like Barnet. We always seem to play deep and I remember last season playing them and Kerr forcing our back four to push higher up and not just sit deep and allow them to have the ball and both our goals came from us pressing high up the pitch and winning the ball.

Like I said I have seen every game he has played and I didn't think he had that good a game at Gateshead, gave far too many balls away for my liking.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
acko338
August 27, 2014, 9:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,226
Gold Stars: 33
With the team staying roughly as it is, and playing in a similar vein to the weekend, Craig Clay could be really valuable in a Kerr / Niven role, but with simple accurate passes as an extra, along with the ability to nip in with some goals - got a good shot on him, and age on his side in that position as well - not hitting anywhere near the 30 mark !

If he gets a bit of a first team run, this midfield could turn into the best in this division - each playing their part, and Disley perhaps bossing any show in the 2nd halves when opponents' legs are not as fit and he isn't being rushed ??

It's a squad game, and those in place are starting to look as if the jigsaw is complete - love to also see Nathan Arnold and Ross Hannah in full flow when both are fully fit - no need to rush recoveries at present - using Arnold and Hannah as subs in the short term will keep the starting line ups fresh for each game.

Options in all areas, just need to keep the scouts away from McKeown !!

Boyce to sign for all season as well, please !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
Mariner Ronnie
August 27, 2014, 9:50am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from arryarryarry

Maybe he needed time to gel with the team, Nathan pond was poor against southport first game of the season when he came.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Craig Clay

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.