1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
August 31, 2014, 1:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,674
Gold Stars: 95
Can anyone give me a review of the BT tv , landline  and sky . Just need any thoughts of the tv mainly ,

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
August 31, 2014, 4:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Very good coverage of the conference ,

38 Live Prem games mainly on a Saturday at 12 45,

Loads of Rugby and European footy.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
louth_in_the_south
August 31, 2014, 11:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,674
Gold Stars: 95
Ha ha just looked at my OP from last night . Due to the state I was in at 12.20 am it doesn't make a lot of sense . Just to clear it up I've had enough of shite service from sky even tho I give them £90 a month for tv broadband and phone line . Looking for an alternative and wanted to know what BT tv , broadband speed is etc. . Ta

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
mariner tommy
September 1, 2014, 7:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
I have the full package from Virgin, I am also very happy with it.
The broadband service cannot be beaten in this area by any other, but it depends if you are connected by their broadband cable.
I have 50M speed and it is brilliant.
Tele and phone is also good to be honest.
And I pay a lot less than £90 pm, even though I have the sky sports package with them as well.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
pizzzza
September 1, 2014, 9:01am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Call Virgin, tell them your thinking about leaving Sky and they will offer you a great deal. If you're in one of their cabled areas speed is great.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Biccys
September 1, 2014, 10:51am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I didn't rate the Virgin TV services at my previous house. The TiVo box was appallingly slow and crashed all the time. Phone, never used it. Broadband was pretty good though, I'll give them that. Pretty faultless actually. Damn shame the new house I just bought isn't cabled up or I'd not have to sell me sould to the Devil (metaphorically) to have any decent TV service. Don't have Sky Sports though, out of principle.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 9
mariner tommy
September 1, 2014, 5:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Biccys
I didn't rate the Virgin TV services at my previous house. The TiVo box was appallingly slow and crashed all the time. Phone, never used it. Broadband was pretty good though, I'll give them that. Pretty faultless actually. Damn shame the new house I just bought isn't cabled up or I'd not have to sell me sould to the Devil (metaphorically) to have any decent TV service. Don't have Sky Sports though, out of principle.

What principle is that ?

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
gobby
September 4, 2014, 8:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
Use to have Virgin, could not fault tv or phone but broadband needed rebooting everyday so moved to Sky, pay £62 for broadband, phone and tv (not movies).  
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
moosey_club
September 4, 2014, 9:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from gobby
Use to have Virgin, could not fault tv or phone but broadband needed rebooting everyday so moved to Sky, pay £62 for broadband, phone and tv (not movies).  
UTMM

broadband needs rebooting at least everyday, several times a day in fact by and large but have no idea what it is connected to...could be twine for all i know

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
Rick12
September 23, 2014, 12:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Cant comment on the tv but watching football on the internet since upgrading to BT infinity its quality.Watching the football now on the laptop is dvd like quality. With the old broadband kept slipping and was grainy now hardly any probs.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BT TV

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.