barralad
December 16, 2014, 10:17pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,295
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from GTFCNick

Unfortunately we have no say as this is stipulated by the FA. Players warming up are not allowed to be the same side as the lino and the linos are not allowed to change the side that they officiate over. I have already asked the FA this question in light of the obscured view that the disability supporters sometimes have.

Sorry it's not more helpful however our hands are tied by regulations.

Appreciate the time taken to come on here. My post was just to explain what the actual question was given the difficulties people had hearing on MP. I got the impression that someone from the top table was going to raise the matter with you, but nice to get a response first hand.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 125
ska face
December 17, 2014, 8:16am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,750
Gold Stars: 851

out of interest what was the question you have tried two years to ask with out getting an answer.

I few years back I asked if the club felt it was appropriate for the majority shareholder to use the club's official media outlets to respond to personal criticism, and if other board members such as MT were also given this luxury? This came after Fenty had posted a statement on the OS after getting the annual bit of grief on here.

I also asked why the club felt it was appropriate to try and defend someone charged with a racially aggravated offence, after one spectator told an opposition player to "get back on [his] banana boat".

On Tuesday I asked how long the club were tied to the current Mariners Player deal, and if there were any plans in terms of media for the future. Something which is asked here on a weekly basis but is never addressed.

In future, I'll direct any questions through the Mariners Trust where I'm more likely to get an answer.
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 125
Chrisblor
December 17, 2014, 12:06pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,927
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from ska face

I few years back I asked if the club felt it was appropriate for the majority shareholder to use the club's official media outlets to respond to personal criticism, and if other board members such as MT were also given this luxury? This came after Fenty had posted a statement on the OS after getting the annual bit of grief on here.

I also asked why the club felt it was appropriate to try and defend someone charged with a racially aggravated offence, after one spectator told an opposition player to "get back on [his] banana boat".

On Tuesday I asked how long the club were tied to the current Mariners Player deal, and if there were any plans in terms of media for the future. Something which is asked here on a weekly basis but is never addressed.

In future, I'll direct any questions through the Mariners Trust where I'm more likely to get an answer.

Did you get an answer? Or were they all too busy answering questions about Shaun Pearson going in goal?

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 125
Garth
December 17, 2014, 12:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from ska face
I didn't go mate. I was struggling to listen through Mariners Player.

The problem mate is that plenty of people, myself included, can't get to these events for one reason or another and are offered the opportunity to submit questions electronically. However, these are then "vetted" (read 'ignored') ignored in favour of some mouth breather who has been able to walk around the corner to complain about the colour of someone's boots.

I submitted questions last night and have done in the past, I've seen other people do the same and meet the same fate. Sorry mate but I've absolutely no time for any fornicator who goes to events like this and asks why LJL can't finish. One person went on for about 10 minutes, can we not have someone moderate these forums properly?  

Had I not been doing these updates or been waiting for an answer to my questions, I'd have turned it off after the first question as it was clear what was going to happen AGAIN. A waste of everyone's time I'm afraid mate.

Thanks for the feedback though mate. Will take it on board and hope to change my attitude towards dickheads in future.

All the best.

Your welcome friend, takes a d1ckhead to reconise another
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 125
Mariners Trust
December 17, 2014, 5:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +87
We have picked up on the query about Mariners Player and we are not sure what has happened but the club have no record of any question. There was certainly no vetting of questions and we agreed upfront with the panel that any question could be asked. There were one or two that came in during the event but these were the same or very similar to the ones already received and in truth we were disappointed with the number and level of questions received both via e-mail and on the night.

With regard to Mariners Player the club are contracted to it via the league deal and the club are as frustrated with some aspects of the product as everyone and are constantly feeding back to the supplier. There have been some improvements and more scheduled particularly regarding using it "on the move". We have agreed with Dale that he is going to put together a more detailed update which he publish on the OS. In terms of the forum we did sound checks prior to the event which were fine but during the event there were some issues with the mics and also one or two of the people asking questions either didn't wait for the mic or didn't want to use it. This was the first time we have held this event in the Trust bar and we will take some of these learning's to improve for next time.

We applaud the attempt to cover the event on the fishy as obviously many people don't have player and can't get there in person. We do however take exception to describing fellow supporters "buffoons" "fornicators" etc etc. The people involved are proud supporters of the club and one of the gentleman who asked a lot of questions is in his 70's and travels to all home games (and the forum) from Scunthorpe and his questions were important to him even if they seemed silly to others. Similarly one of the people criticised is a supporter who unfortunately lost his sight  over 40 years ago and has to rely on the radio to keep in touch with his beloved mariners and yes his question was long winded and probably seemed irrelevant to some but to him it was important. A bit of respect and understanding wouldn't go amiss, at the end of the day we all have the same thing in common which is the love of our club.

It might not seem like it to some but the openness on offer at GTFC is one of the best around. With our work with SD we meet many other fan groups and they would die for the access to the club the supporters here have. If there are questions that people have we are quite happy to take them and facilitate a reply. The way to do this is e mail us at enquiries@marinerstrust.co.uk  and we will ensure a swift response. Equally if there is a request for a face to face meeting or phone meeting we will do our best to facilitate it.

We are really trying hard to unite the fans and the club and improving communication is one of the keys to achieving this. We are all very aware that this can be better and although we think there have been some definite improvements during the last year there is still a lot more to be done. Events like the fans forum are a great way of enhancing the communications between the club and the fans and hopefully next time we can achieve better engagement both before and on the night and make it more rewarding for all.    

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 125
sonik
December 17, 2014, 5:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Mariners Trust
We have picked up on the query about Mariners Player and we are not sure what has happened but the club have no record of any question. There was certainly no vetting of questions and we agreed upfront with the panel that any question could be asked. There were one or two that came in during the event but these were the same or very similar to the ones already received and in truth we were disappointed with the number and level of questions received both via e-mail and on the night.

With regard to Mariners Player the club are contracted to it via the league deal and the club are as frustrated with some aspects of the product as everyone and are constantly feeding back to the supplier. There have been some improvements and more scheduled particularly regarding using it "on the move". We have agreed with Dale that he is going to put together a more detailed update which he publish on the OS. In terms of the forum we did sound checks prior to the event which were fine but during the event there were some issues with the mics and also one or two of the people asking questions either didn't wait for the mic or didn't want to use it. This was the first time we have held this event in the Trust bar and we will take some of these learning's to improve for next time.

We applaud the attempt to cover the event on the fishy as obviously many people don't have player and can't get there in person. We do however take exception to describing fellow supporters "buffoons" "fornicators" etc etc. The people involved are proud supporters of the club and one of the gentleman who asked a lot of questions is in his 70's and travels to all home games (and the forum) from Scunthorpe and his questions were important to him even if they seemed silly to others. Similarly one of the people criticised is a supporter who unfortunately lost his sight  over 40 years ago and has to rely on the radio to keep in touch with his beloved mariners and yes his question was long winded and probably seemed irrelevant to some but to him it was important. A bit of respect and understanding wouldn't go amiss, at the end of the day we all have the same thing in common which is the love of our club.

It might not seem like it to some but the openness on offer at GTFC is one of the best around. With our work with SD we meet many other fan groups and they would die for the access to the club the supporters here have. If there are questions that people have we are quite happy to take them and facilitate a reply. The way to do this is e mail us at enquiries@marinerstrust.co.uk  and we will ensure a swift response. Equally if there is a request for a face to face meeting or phone meeting we will do our best to facilitate it.

We are really trying hard to unite the fans and the club and improving communication is one of the keys to achieving this. We are all very aware that this can be better and although we think there have been some definite improvements during the last year there is still a lot more to be done. Events like the fans forum are a great way of enhancing the communications between the club and the fans and hopefully next time we can achieve better engagement both before and on the night and make it more rewarding for all.    

Very good post. Well done the Trust.

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 125
Marinerz93
December 17, 2014, 7:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from Mariners Trust
There were one or two that came in during the event but these were the same or very similar to the ones already received and in truth we were disappointed with the number and level of questions received both via e-mail and on the night.

We are a non league club and had a decade of decline that has seen some of the worst football GTFC fans have ever had to witness.  You should be extremely grateful for who ever turned up and for who ever submitted questions, the club has no place whining or stating it is disappointed

With regard to Mariners Player the club are contracted to it via the league deal.

We are not a league club, we do not receive money from the league so how are we still tied to Mariners Player.

It might not seem like it to some but the openness on offer at GTFC is one of the best around. With our work with SD we meet many other fan groups and they would die for the access to the club the supporters here have.

Not as open as you claim, the MP shares fiasco has never been put to bed and JF won't have anyone talk about it.

Good luck with this, I would love the club to achieve this.    

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 125
barralad
December 17, 2014, 10:49pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,295
Gold Stars: 127
Marinerz 93:-

I cannot quote your post for some reason so here goes.

As an individual who attended I was disappointed more that certain questions-many of which have been asked repeatedly on here-were not asked. I honestly do not understand how people who are seemingly forever questioning the direction of the club-both on a playing front and off the pitch cannot be bothered to raise a question when there were the means to do so-most of which didn't require the attendance at the actual event. I'd dragged myself out and consequently was very grateful for the questions that did get raised as without them it would have been a very short evening!
As the Trust's post says the opportunity to get that close to the people who run our football club is not on offer to fans of every club. I just hoped that someone would've had the courage of their convictions and, dare I say it, come out from behind their keyboard.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 125
nickmariners
December 17, 2014, 11:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
[quote=347][/quote]

93 -- I believe that you may have confused "the Club" with the Trust in your opening paragraph.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 125
Marinerz93
December 18, 2014, 12:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from barralad
Marinerz 93:-

I cannot quote your post for some reason so here goes.

As an individual who attended I was disappointed more that certain questions-many of which have been asked repeatedly on here-were not asked. I honestly do not understand how people who are seemingly forever questioning the direction of the club-both on a playing front and off the pitch cannot be bothered to raise a question when there were the means to do so-most of which didn't require the attendance at the actual event. I'd dragged myself out and consequently was very grateful for the questions that did get raised as without them it would have been a very short evening!
As the Trust's post says the opportunity to get that close to the people who run our football club is not on offer to fans of every club. I just hoped that someone would've had the courage of their convictions and, dare I say it, come out from behind their keyboard.

It doesn't matter where or who the questions come from if they are relevant to key points about the club. When JF outed his good self on here he answered a variety of questions and dodged the questions he didn't like, just as most politicians do.  The 'that's the last word on the matter' being a prime example.

As it is, I am a nobody who JF doesn't have to answer to, just like the other nobodies who didn't turn up and ask questions.

I've only ever been to two fans forums, the last being when AB was in charge and if it wasn't for AB it would have been boring as hell.

Maybe the trust could collate some questions next time with a preview on here to generate more interest, because as it is, not many people are interested and not many people feel they will get answers.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 125
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.