Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wembley Curse?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 166 Guests

Wembley Curse?

This thread currently has 3,361 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Rick12
April 19, 2015, 5:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Just hope Pete the players do themselves proud  in the playoffs and don't let the club down eg effort is what I value in any player  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
gaz57
April 20, 2015, 12:25am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Hurst and Scott moved our bench from left of the tunnel to the right and we failed in the playoffs the past two seasons. This year Hurst has moved us back to the left. Just saying that's all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
Mrs Doyle
April 20, 2015, 3:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Rick12
Just hope Pete the players do themselves proud  in the playoffs and don't let the club down eg effort is what I value in any player  

Here,here but we have got to get there first. We have two mega games coming up before we can even think of the final

If we do get there it's down to how the players play on the day irrespective of which end we face.

I always like us to kick the second half towards our fans but it's not a game changer.

What are game changes are the Ref and linesman if they do a good job let the game flow and get things right you hope. No manager can account for bad refs they can be real show stoppers.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
jonnyboy82
April 20, 2015, 8:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Playing away at small crowds is our speciality the players don't have the pressure on them as we know..

That's one of the main reasons we do so well away , its the big crowds in big games we seem to have a problem.

If we get to Wembley I hope its against barnet or fgr for example and not Bristol rovers as they will bring 25k easy, I hope they win the league.

I think 20k plus of us and 5-10 k  fgr would suit us.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
highcliff mariner
April 20, 2015, 10:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Playing away at small crowds is our speciality the players don't have the pressure on them as we know..

That's one of the main reasons we do so well away , its the big crowds in big games we seem to have a problem.

If we get to Wembley I hope its against barnet or fgr for example and not Bristol rovers as they will bring 25k easy, I hope they win the league.

Ffs
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
arryarryarry
April 20, 2015, 10:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jonnyboy82

If any of our players cannot take the pressure of playing away in front of home crowds of more than 1,000 then they shouldn't be playing professional football.

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
bobbyturtle
April 20, 2015, 10:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
It depends which way you are looking for it to be left.  

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
grimsby pete
April 20, 2015, 10:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
I am just hoping the players are not reading this,

I can see them now walking onto the hallowed turf,

Turning round to each other and saying either we are doomed,

Or we have got this in the bag,

Depending on where the town fans are seated.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
WappingMariner
April 20, 2015, 7:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +125
Quoted from Meza
So Aston Villa lead 2-1 and there fans are on the left of the tunnel.  Arsenal won and there fans on the left of the tunnel.  When MK Dons and Wrexham beat us they were on the left. If we get to Wembley i hope to god we are on the left  

Depends which way you're looking. If you were coming out of the tunnel they would have been on the right.

We've got Jason Pearcey, number one, we've got the best team in the land...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
moosey_club
April 20, 2015, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,270
Gold Stars: 226
I thought ends were decided on geographical matters, as are the designated pubs for supporters, depends on which way the teams general support approaches Wembley, likelehood is we will be the only team in the mix approaching from the north looking at the teams involved so probably will end up with the same end and same pubs if succesful in reaching Wembley.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wembley Curse?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.