1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
CodAlmighty
April 25, 2015, 9:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 18
Back in the late 80s, Sing When We're Fishing carried an article, Letter from America, about someone who was reduced to ringing a US sports TV station every week to find out how Town had got on. It was published under the name Yankee Doodle Dandy.

I'd like to include the article in the anthology of writing about Town, but I've not been able to find out who the author was. If anyone can help, please PM me.

Thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Roast Em Bobby
April 25, 2015, 10:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,722
Gold Stars: 44
try messaging tangatheindestructible on here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
KingstonMariner
April 25, 2015, 11:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from CodAlmighty
Back in the late 80s, Sing When We're Fishing carried an article, Letter from America, about someone who was reduced to ringing a US sports TV station every week to find out how Town had got on. It was published under the name Yankee Doodle Dandy.

I'd like to include the article in the anthology of writing about Town, but I've not been able to find out who the author was. If anyone can help, please PM me.

Thanks

That was a brilliant article. Would be great to read it again.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
grimps
April 26, 2015, 5:24am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,117
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from CodAlmighty

Thanks

I've got all the copies at home.
I rememeber when I was a kid back in the 70's and 80's the only time my Dad rung home while he was working away in the Middle East was a Saturday evening to find out the Town result
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
CodAlmighty
April 26, 2015, 11:05am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 18
I'm happy to say Yankee Doodle Dandy has come forward. You'll have to wait until the book is out to find out who s/he is (as well as who has made the Great Grimsby XI)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yankee Doodle Dandy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.