5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
AdamHaddock
May 3, 2015, 7:20pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
Just realised Notts County have been relegated from League One - hopefully a lucrative fixture next season  

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
MrsMariner
May 3, 2015, 7:35pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +449
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from barralad
The last time I remember hearing a noise like when the first goal went in was when Town scored against Spurs in 2005. In that instant all of the nerves evaporated.

The fact that Eastleigh took off at half time a player who last season scored a hatful of goals in League 2 shows the control that Pearson and Gowling had of the game.
Gowling must rank as one of the best loan signees of the last 10 years along with...Palmer.

Lenny is going to score his 20th. goal of the season at Wembley.....

Spot on & great credit must go to Hurst in ensuring he came to us when lets face it we weren't really in need of a centre half at that time but with Kidderminster presumably needing to offload him he could easily have ended up at one of our rivals

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
LH
May 3, 2015, 7:37pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,535
Gold Stars: 173
I'd whinge about the first half hour in usual circumstances but intercourse it. WEMBLEY STADIUM.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
Badger57
May 3, 2015, 7:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,914
Gold Stars: 30
Pleased as punch but more especially I'm extra pleased and happy for the younger fans who've barely had anything to get really excited about for most if not probably all their lives.
Hope you enjoy the big special day at Wembley you young 'uns!
UTM!!!  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
jaymariner
May 3, 2015, 8:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +406
First 30 minutes was so nervous but after the goal it was all downhill from there. Gowling and Pearson were absolute rocks at centre back and Lenny didn't seem to stop running and chasing the ball down all game. I was sat in the osmond end and it was great to see the whole ground rocking at times. Can't wait for Wembley now!!!! Please let it be our turn to come away from the capital with a smile on our faces!

Special mention to the Eastleigh fans who didn't stop singing throughout and were a credit to their club even at 3-0 down
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
jaymariner
May 3, 2015, 8:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +406
I would also like to shake the hand of the guy who gave the little pretend hooligan a whack down the side of the findus after the game. He definitely deserved it after going on the pitch after it had cleared just to goad the stewards and then decided to start trying to fight with our own fans. We heard the punch connect from where we were in the osmond  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
forza ivano
May 3, 2015, 8:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Olly and Lenny were immense as were Shaun and Josh. Mags and Dis also very good - Toto is not a full back and there was a world of difference between our right side and our left.

Big call as to who partners Shaun at Wembley if Robertson is fit.

This.i hope to god we can get Robertson fit. I think I'd prefer gowling and Pearson in that gowling does a lot of calming, talking and organising, although toto does have the pace. Do they have a quick forward line?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
mariner91
May 3, 2015, 8:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,666
Gold Stars: 262
Very nervy first 30 minutes, although I think we could be playing in to tomorrow and Eastleigh wouldn't score. Our defence were that good. Once the first went in, it was cruise control and we ended up comfortable winners looking good at times in the second half. Only my second game in the Pontoon and I really enjoyed it, it sounded very loud in there, did it sound like that to the rest of the ground?

Oh and LJL, 3 assists and a goal in the play off semi finals. He was absolutely immense today. I pray he scores the winner at Wembley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
KingstonMariner
May 3, 2015, 8:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I've said it before but how the fcuk have Eastleigh scored 84 goals this season?!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
mariner91
May 3, 2015, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,666
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I've said it before but how the fcuk have Eastleigh scored 84 goals this season?!

Agreed, they looked particularly toothless today. No penetration at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.