5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
May 3, 2015, 8:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,527
Gold Stars: 185
I thought the tactical genius of their manager was really shown today. After a decent first half, they offered absolutely no threat following the half-time substitutions.

Was Constable injured, because if not, taking off your top scorer like that is just bizarre.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
chaos33
May 3, 2015, 9:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Yes, I thought their manager was outclassed and out thought again today.

A monumental team effort today. Chuffed to bits.
UTM

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
lukeo
May 3, 2015, 9:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from Maringer
I thought the tactical genius of their manager was really shown today. After a decent first half, they offered absolutely no threat following the half-time substitutions.

Was Constable injured, because if not, taking off your top scorer like that is just bizarre.

Before the game it showed you Constable wrapping his foot up, it looked like he had a massive intercourse off blister that had popped and his foot was twice the size of the other one!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
HertsGTFC
May 3, 2015, 9:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,946
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from thevera

That's going to be a double whammy, Hot Dogs are £10+ at Wembley.

I'll remember my packing up then.............. Seriously they had to come out positively but once we weathered the first 20 minutes we never looked back. Love the way we forced our way into the game when it wasn't all going our way. Well done boys great win. Agree really loud when the players came out...........lets take that to Wembley!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
RonMariner
May 3, 2015, 9:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,717
Gold Stars: 226
The miserable git didn't even have the class to say we deserved it after thrashing them 5-1. T0sser.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
chaos33
May 3, 2015, 9:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Yeah I thought he could have been more gracious and respectful. He seemed to almost begrudge us it and couldn't bring himself to admit his team were beaten by a good side fair and square. As I said before, he comes across as an amateur. It was contrasted with both Hurst and Clarke being very respectful and complimentary about each other.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
KingstonMariner
May 3, 2015, 9:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The guy's clearly a classless arris hole.

I'll say this for Hurst, despite having doubted his ability to get a really good performance, he has always stood out as a thoroughly decent man.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
TownSNAFU5
May 3, 2015, 9:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
We took and scored 5 very good goals against Eastleigh.  Their only real threat on goal (their goal) was a result of a Town error. Ignoring the 2 league resuts between Town and Eastleigh, and they have a better record against the other 22 teams.  Yet we still stuffed them.

We are getting better. Last 15 games:  11 wins, 3 draws 1 loss = 36 points.  Over a full season this equatesto more than 110 points!  No wonder Hurst said that this team/squad would have won the league if we started the season with the same players.

We are now scoring difficult goals, but still missing easy chances. This can be rectified at Wembley. More fans will go now after todays win,

Special mention to the Eastleigh fans.  We were some of the last fans to leave the ground.  Eastleigh fans were still singing at 1750 hrs, 30mins after the final whistle. (Disley was still posing for pictures as well!).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
EY Mariner
May 4, 2015, 12:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Thought the Eastleigh fans were magnificent and was surprised by how many of them wanted us to win at Wembley.

As for the game, I felt we were nervous early on and played the occasion more than the game. The first goal was a huge relief and the second finished the job. One more big effort needed now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
essexexile
May 4, 2015, 12:57am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Lenny and Olly were a nightmare today for their defence and Olly's first goal was a dynamite strike from Lenny's pass
MOM has to be Lenny for his workrate - Olly's assist and his own when he won the ball and scored
So pleased for em both but have to say Olly lit the fuse for the win today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.