GrimRob
May 18, 2015, 12:00pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,420
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from barrattstandman
CHANGE THE PLAY OFF RULES.

One up automatically has long been thought unfair, two are automatically relegated. Lets scrap the Conference play offs and go with this idea.

3rd in Conference plays 3rd bottom in the 2nd Division and 4th in Conference plays 4th bottom . These games could be either 2 legs or a one off

at Wembley. That way the outcome could be 2,3 or 4 up or down.

Thoughts ?

Great idea but try persuading the Football League! I imagine it would be the season after next at the very earliest when it came in.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 19
arryarryarry
May 18, 2015, 12:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
I appreciate the positivity, but personally I was utterly p!ssed off when their 5th penalty went in and still am, but I would just say to those that are saying next season we will do it, just look back on the past few years when many said similar statements but when the fixtures come out take a look at who we are playing.

Just saying like.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
grimsby pete
May 18, 2015, 12:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
I too was dreading coming on here reading all the negativity,

BUT

Got a nice surprise of the positivity,

Good one lads.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
ginnywings
May 18, 2015, 12:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from grimsby pete
I too was dreading coming on here reading all the negativity,

BUT

Got a nice surprise of the positivity,

Good one lads.

There's no point moping about it Pete. We gave it a good go and just came up short. We easily matched, if not bettered them but little bits of luck need to go in your favour in such an even game and they got the breaks. McKeown went the right way nearly every time but just couldn't get a hand to one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
Caesar
May 18, 2015, 12:29pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Agree with all above really.  The Fishy can often be a negative place and sometimes after defeats I dread coming on here.  

But I think the reaction from yesterday shows that the vast majority of us are fair minded Town fans who want our team to be ridiculously successful, but as long as we have players putting their all in we will back them and be proud.  

That has happened this season so it is refreshing.  I agree with arry though that when fixtures come out again and when we struggle to find our way past Boreham Wood we will all get dissapointed.  That is inevitable but seeing our team fight and care is a great springboard and certainly as devestated as I am, a better feeling than the last 2 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
RonMariner
May 18, 2015, 12:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,730
Gold Stars: 226
We went in as underdogs but were in fact the better team on the day. Had the ref done his job properly and sent off their keeper for the deliberate hand ball would have won.

But no point moaning now. We need to look forward and we can certainly do so with confidence.  I am not sure how much cash we get from the game yesterday, but it will surely be in the hundreds of thousands and should enable us to keep this squad together.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
Abdul19
May 18, 2015, 12:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,566
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from ginnywings

There's no point moping about it Pete. We gave it a good go and just came up short. We easily matched, if not bettered them but little bits of luck need to go in your favour in such an even game and they got the breaks. McKeown went the right way nearly every time but just couldn't get a hand to one.

I agree with this. It's not like Cardiff, where the performance was a disgrace (after being in the automatic spots all season). The players yesterday gave their all, and in the end, it just wasn't quite enough. It's gutting, obviously, but that's football.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
maxfox44
May 18, 2015, 12:49pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Not trying to be negative, but losing finalist don't have a great record the following season.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
buckstown
May 18, 2015, 12:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,181
Gold Stars: 79
I was proud to be a Mariner yesterday but it was a painful journey home, albeit shorter than most.
I though BR looked stronger than us and even though we played the better footie they seemed to out muscle us at key moments. MacKreth was a prime example, he looked like a schoolboy playing against a man.
Still think with the majority of this defence, an additional classy midfielder and a top conference striker we'll be fine next year. Oh and a better start than the last two years.
UTM and have a good summer people
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
Trawler
July 1, 2015, 11:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
This thread full of pride on May 18th. There was positivity back then and what an amazing close season since. And how that positivity has manifested itself. Retaining 10 from 12. Operation Promotion, Bogle, East, Monkhouse, Marshall, Tait and more to come.

Cannot wait for this season.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Refreshing....now is the start

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.