MeanwoodMariner
May 29, 2015, 6:46pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
How can this election be allowed to go ahead with the corruption accusations going on???? Common sense would dictate it be postponed surely? It's time we boycotted FIFA - I'm sure other nations would follow suit - it just needs that first one

I agree but just heard Dyke say that England won't withdraw on their own as it would be "ridiculous". Not sure why. I don't give a excrement if us withdrawing makes no difference, it's the right thing to do and so we should do it.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 32
Mighty_Mariner
May 29, 2015, 6:50pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Absutely agree Meanwood

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
BIGChris
May 29, 2015, 6:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
It's clear how he gets the votes he needs

Most Europeans may be against him and the Sth Americans too BUT the small countries who get a new 4g pitch in St Kitts or Mauritius see him as a hero.

The traditional football nations see him for what he is but their votes alone are insufficient
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
BottesfordMariner
May 29, 2015, 6:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Fifa should be ashamed of themselves. The organisation is so corrupt its unreal.

The whole of his reign has been blighted by accusations of corruption. Yet he still gets re-elected. Surely not members protecting their own interests eh?

Blatter himself has no honour. I find it inconceivable that in his position he was not aware of such issues. Most  true 'leaders' whilst they may not admit to wrong doing themselves would accept ultimately as the man in charge the responsibiltiy falls on them and as such would fall on their sword.

I'm not going to re-open the Qatar World Cup fiasco again but i shall say to date 1200 workers have died since the construction works began in Qatar and it is projected 4000 workers will lose their lives by 2022.
(that would work out 62 deaths  for each game to be played- quite shocking)
Of course when i say workers i mean SLAVES with no rights. And FIFA gave them the World Cup and have done NOTHING to address this. Corrupt Mr Blatter???

He's just  a greedy little weazal.

The whole thing leaves a very sour taste for me.

This was a chance to maybe clean house for FIFA and rebuild their image and reputation. Now a missed opportunity.

I think the others powers within the game- ie FA's, clubs, players should seek to replace FIFA altogether.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
MarinerWY
May 29, 2015, 6:53pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Teestogreen
He appears to be so well protected - obviously far more votes within the FIFA organisation than anyone else. Looks like FIFA is a club that it is difficult to infiltrate - will be interesting to see if the 8 arrested are guilty parties.

It would be the tip of the iceberg though if they were: like any efficient criminal organisation there will be a heirachy through which orders will be given indirectly to remove incriminating connections. Just like a sting operation on the mafia can nail lots of people lower down the food chain, it's very difficult to ever pin anything on the leadership.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
Maringer
May 29, 2015, 8:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,569
Gold Stars: 185
I actually tend to doubt that Blatter is cashing in himself.

It strikes me that he likes to be in power and it is his collusion with the various corrupt regional FIFA bods which keeps him there. He's happy to turn a blind eye to their shenanigans just as long as he stays in power and the money keeps rolling into FIFA's coffers, even if a certain amount is skimmed off the top by the crooks.

What FIFA needs is a strong, reforming President, willing to face the corruption and attempt to deal with it. Unfortunately, there is pretty much no way that any such character could ever win enough votes to be elected.

I think John Oliver's piece from last year was pretty funny and to the point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJEt2KU33I
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
grimsby pete
May 29, 2015, 8:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
I am not saying Blatter is corrupt but how did he get,

309 votes from 209 federations.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
austinmitchell
May 29, 2015, 8:22pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +26
We can't allow this to continue. Those nations that voted against him must withdraw and stand up for football and its future as a force for good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
Marinerz93
May 29, 2015, 8:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
If most of the European countries are against Blatter, we should stand united and boycott the world cup.  the amount of money FIFA will lose both from the countries and sponsorship will force a change.

The amount of deaths and people who will die under slave labour, makes this world cup an abhorrent factory of misery.

Boycott the World Cup.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
TAGG
May 29, 2015, 8:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
His Twitter feed is so funny, 2.67 million followers and every one slagging him off    

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Blatter's 5th term

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.