Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ticket stupidity?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 327 Guests

Ticket stupidity?

This thread currently has 7,757 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
July 26, 2015, 3:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Could someone tell me what I am missing here?

Kiddy tickets go on sale to season ticket holders tomorrow, great I thought bearing in mind I will be at work in central London I thought I would ring and book ours and get them posted out.

So I asked about this yesterday to be told I had to wait until Wednesday as they where not taking phone bookings till then? I did point out that we where season ticket holders but still got the brush off???

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Grantham_Mariner
July 26, 2015, 3:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Its about time we had an exile season ticket procedure.

Other clubs do. Quite simple you register you season ticket/s with ticket office. They mark you book 'EXILE'  You give them a password. They have a card index, so when you phone they look you up, confirm password, and mark card (instead of hole/mark in your season ticket book) and sell you tickets for collection or post. SIMPLE.

ARE YOU LISTENING GTFC TICKET OFFICE.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
Chrisblor
July 26, 2015, 4:04pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,790
Gold Stars: 234
ffs, one of the main reasons I bought a season ticket this year was so I could easily purchase tickets to popular games. I needn't have bothered if this is how the club treats season ticket holders who can't physically visit blundell park during the priority sales window.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
BIGChris
July 26, 2015, 4:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Am I missing something?
From reading the OP the club hasn't said you cannot order over the phone, just that you have to wait 2 days, still 10 days before the game, presumably because they are expecting a rush and available staff will be serving at the counter for this and the opening home games.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
Chrisblor
July 26, 2015, 4:22pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,790
Gold Stars: 234
If they're so busy, they could easily resolve this problem by putting the tickets up for sale on the club shop website for sale while requring you to enter your name / seat details / book number? Not providing a clear method for exiled season ticket holders (who've splashed out a lot of money on their ticket and on travel to each home match) to purchase tickets in high demand is just poor customer service. I contacted the club over twitter about this last week and never received a response. From this thread it sounds like if I'd phoned up to ask they'd have fobbed me off as well - again it's just poor to treat your most loyal / dedicated customers in that manner.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
HertsGTFC
July 26, 2015, 4:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from BIGChris
Am I missing something?
From reading the OP the club hasn't said you cannot order over the phone, just that you have to wait 2 days, still 10 days before the game, presumably because they are expecting a rush and available staff will be serving at the counter for this and the opening home games.

Fair point, a web fix for this problem would help everybody I reckon.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
mimma
July 26, 2015, 4:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Perhaps Kiddy haven't sent us the tickets yet, so there isn't any to send out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
Caesar
July 26, 2015, 5:02pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
This talk is getting me really worried I won't get tickets, trust member so think I can get them Friday, surely we are not going to sell out our allocation? would be truly amazing support if we did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
Garth
July 26, 2015, 6:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Stop panicking, there will be plenty to go around
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
codcheeky
July 26, 2015, 7:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Garth
Stop panicking, there will be plenty to go around

Wouldn`t be at all surprised if we sold this out
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ticket stupidity?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.