3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
BIGChris
August 1, 2015, 6:31pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
For the first half hour we looked more than one division better than Boston, Marshall playing off Amond was very good.

Looked to me that Monkhouse scored the first but just read Amond deflected it in? It was at the far end from the Town fans.

Once Marshall went off we were never as good and Boston got back into it. Stupid goal to give away but let's hope that's it now!

Struggled for a spell but Mackreth started to take the game by the scruff of the neck and Amond, whilst laying on the floor, toed the ball home and Pearson rose to head in from close range.

Hope those missing are fully fit for next week, whether it is Pittman, Arnold or Marshall who partners Amond should give us enough movement and skill to create chances.
Private Message
RoboCod
August 1, 2015, 6:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Amazing how Marshall has gone from decent but not quite good enough for Town, to Lincoln misfit, to looking like an essential part of the new attacking line up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
speedy
August 1, 2015, 6:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: +445
Quoted from RoboCod
Amazing how Marshall has gone from decent but not quite good enough for Town, to Lincoln misfit, to looking like an essential part of the new attacking line up.

I don't believe thats possible, certain people of the fishy spoke before he even got here that hes not good enough and a bad signing, and we on the fishy are never wrong  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
Tinymariner
August 1, 2015, 6:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I openly admit that I wasn't impressed with his signing after him running into dead ends last time around, however he seems to have more outlets now and he is becoming a real playmaker. I'm very pleased to eat my words. UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
barralad
August 1, 2015, 6:55pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Echo the comments made about Marshall. He looked unstoppable. Hope he came off as a precaution. The 10 minute spell after they scored the daft equaliser I thought for the first time in the (few) games I've seen that we looked a bit "all at sea". Enter Mackreth who put in the best display I can remember seeing from him albeit against inferior opposition. He was everywhere-both wings, cutting into the middle and Boston simply couldn't handle his pace and movement.
Pearson got a great reception from the Boston fans although their "He's one of our own" chant made me titter.
I'm not sure where Monkhouse fits into Hurst's plans but in Hurst we definitely trust.
Gowling led the defence well.
Both full backs put in a good shift.
Macca should share the blame for their goal with whoever hammered the back pass at him at chest height-I couldn't see it was at the other end.

Best pre-season for results I can remember since 1971/72 and those of us old enough remember very well what happened then.....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
Youngy
August 1, 2015, 7:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,664
Gold Stars: 9
The formation change was the key in the second half, bringing Monkhouse off for Pearson and going 3-5-2 gave us control again and Jack Mac deserves credit when he went up front, everything in the last 30 minutes went through him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
Garth
August 1, 2015, 7:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Not a bad result considering we had three key strikers missing, Pearson playing left back, Toto right back and Gowling in the middle, missed Marshall when he went off but Jack did Ok second half, strange format tho
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
Grantham_Mariner
August 1, 2015, 7:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
9 out of 9 wins
28 goals for
9 goals against

Bring on the Kiddy.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
Grantham_Mariner
August 1, 2015, 7:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from Garth
Not a bad result considering we had three key strikers missing, Pearson playing left back, Toto right back and Gowling in the middle, missed Marshall when he went off but Jack did Ok second half, strange format tho

We played 3 - 5 - 1 - 1 after Pearson came on.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
tanga_the_indestructible
August 1, 2015, 8:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +620
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from barralad

Best pre-season for results I can remember since 1971/72 and those of us old enough remember very well what happened then.....

Japan 7-2!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.